Ch92921

Ch92921

The call of the void
Dec 29, 2018
Reactions: Suicidal_manlet, Hurt, TimeToBiteTheDust and 2 others
finnishjonathan

finnishjonathan

Jan 4, 2019
Knot in the front on the left. This is the most comfortable position for me. Thats strange I really like it :)
Some girls tend to like the feeling of being choked I guess haha, It's not a guy thing I guess :(
I'm sitting in my closet, ready to ctb. Wish me luck I hope I can go all the way through with it now. :)

Reactions: Hurt, TimeToBiteTheDust, sif and 3 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
Knot in the front on the left. This is the most comfortable position for me. Tha
Some girls tend to like the feeling of being choked I guess haha, It's not a guy thing I guess :(
I'm sitting in my closet, ready to ctb. Wish me luck I hope I can go all the way through with it now. :)

Good luck!
I only liked the tingly feeling, and I only got that once :( the other times it's just really painful and horrible :(

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, sif and KitKat
finnishjonathan

finnishjonathan

Jan 4, 2019
Good luck!
I only liked the tingly feeling, and I only got that once :( the other times it's just really painful and horrible :(

Yeah make sure you got enough pressure on your neck+ligature placement, you want to squeeze those arteries :) otherwise its painful yeah :(

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, sif and therhydler
Crimsonskye

Crimsonskye

Aug 28, 2018
20160718012351.jpg
Has anyone tried this method?

• Love
Reactions: Orbitc, CloseFriendofCamus, TimeToBiteTheDust and 5 others
Ch92921

Ch92921

The call of the void
Dec 29, 2018
I hardly believe I do sing preparing for hanging.:I

Reactions: Hurt, TimeToBiteTheDust, IDontWantItAnymore2 and 2 others
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Having trouble finding my cartoud artery, though. I can find my neck pulse, but it's right under my jaw. Feels weird. Can't seem to make myself pass out that way either.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust and therhydler
9a91

9a91

Jan 13, 2019
@Crimsonskye
I think every method should be checked practically before. Try if the rope and construction can support your bodyweight first.

I have 5m of static rope (for climbing). It's 11mm in diameter. Orange-red. Stretches approx.3% at 100kg. Will it be enough for complete hanging?
I would like to tie it hangman's, is it less effective than other ties?

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, Amber1974 and therhydler
finnishjonathan

finnishjonathan

Jan 4, 2019
Having trouble finding my cartoud artery, though. I can find my neck pulse, but it's right under my jaw. Feels weird. Can't seem to make myself pass out that way either.

Hello, I don't know if this helps since there are different types of necks but maybe this will help someone? ln this picture my jugular vein was popping out like crazy after hanging, The carotid artery should be beneath the jugular vein.

Attachments

• Snapchat-107145011.jpg
    Snapchat-107145011.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 644
Reactions: Orbitc, TimeToBiteTheDust and therhydler
finnishjonathan

finnishjonathan

Jan 4, 2019
@Crimsonskye
I think every method should be checked practically before. Try if the rope and construction can support your bodyweight first.

I have 5m of static rope (for climbing). It's 11mm in diameter. Orange-red. Stretches approx.3% at 100kg. Will it be enough for complete hanging?
I would like to tie it hangman's, is it less effective than other ties?

How much do you weigh? Use rather a simple noose if you plan on doing short drop/partial suspension

Reactions: Hurt, TimeToBiteTheDust, Eusoul and 1 other person
9a91

9a91

Jan 13, 2019
I weigh 68kg (150lbs). Lenght of the rope will be adapted to room's height but of course I need more for hangman's tie than the others.
I mean, what could go wrong in short drop?

Reactions: Hurt, TimeToBiteTheDust and therhydler
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Hello, I don't know if this helps since there are different types of necks but maybe this will help someone? ln this picture my jugular vein was popping out like crazy after hanging, The carotid artery should be beneath the jugular vein.
So, if I understand right, it IS more front than side?

Moms_Spaghetti

Moms_Spaghetti

Dec 25, 2018
Some things I've learned since my last post:
  1. The ideal rope is a "static" climbing rope such as this. Static because it has less give and climbing because it's rated for weights well in excess of what you'll need
  2. A doorway anchor such as this one–intended for use with resistance bands–is a sturdy, inexpensive, easily concealed mount for those pursuing partial suspension
Can you post pics of your set up by chance? Especially the rope and knot you're using. Your post has inspired confidence in me.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, sif, Partial-Elf and 1 other person
tiggles2000

tiggles2000

Student
Jan 15, 2019
I just tested my setup (with my head) and I almost passed out. Gonna try again tomorrow after downing a bottle of scotch.

The pics are my setup from each side of the door. The rope is tied to my bed frame under my mattress, and the bed weighs about 100kg.

Attachments

• A08440A8-F6B7-424B-96D4-53782B413C24.jpeg
    A08440A8-F6B7-424B-96D4-53782B413C24.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 654
  • 9B09A39B-B8ED-4E15-BC4E-7FF4913574FD.jpeg
    9B09A39B-B8ED-4E15-BC4E-7FF4913574FD.jpeg
    819.9 KB · Views: 527
Reactions: Hurt, TimeToBiteTheDust, deadalready and 2 others
finnishjonathan

finnishjonathan

Jan 4, 2019
I just tested my setup (with my head) and I almost passed out. Gonna try again tomorrow after downing a bottle of scotch.

The pics are my setup from each side of the door. The rope is tied to my bed frame under my mattress, and the bed weighs about 100kg.

That rope looks real thin, you might wanna put some padding on it.
Good luck.

9a91

9a91

Jan 13, 2019
Yeah, a padding would be good. And I hope it doesn't stretch too much. As for the bed, 100kg is not so much and it can start moving with your weight. Consider using the door as an anchor, maybe?

tiggles2000

tiggles2000

Student
Jan 15, 2019
Although the rope is thin, I have found that padding does reduce the effectiveness, however a hoodie is all that is required.

As I weigh approx 60kg (~130lb) the bed is more than enough for a partial suspension.

I have decided I am about 5 mins away from an attempt to ctb. Any final advice from anyone?

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, thundersnail, wanttodie and 3 others
F

foreversleep

Jan 15, 2019
Hi,

Apparently the vertebral arteries and carotids are connected via the 'Circle of Willis'. Does anyone know if this is a problem for cutting off blood supply to the brain during hanging or ligature strangulation? (I saw somebody mention it with reference to the ratchet strap method but if it is a problem there then it would be a problem for hanging in general surely.) From wikipedia:

"The arrangement of the brain's arteries into the circle of Willis creates redundancy (analogous to engineered redundancy) for collateral circulation in the cerebral circulation. If one part of the circle becomes blocked or narrowed (stenosed) or one of the arteries supplying the circle is blocked or narrowed, blood flow from the other blood vessels can often preserve the cerebral perfusion well enough to avoid the symptoms of ischemia."

All the resources I've read mention the importance of blocking the carotids and never mention the vertebral arteries or the Circle of Willis.

• Love
Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, Superfluous, sif and 1 other person
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
Although the rope is thin, I have found that padding does reduce the effectiveness, however a hoodie is all that is required.

As I weigh approx 60kg (~130lb) the bed is more than enough for a partial suspension.

I have decided I am about 5 mins away from an attempt to ctb. Any final advice from anyone?
good luck

Reactions: sif and therhydler
tiggles2000

tiggles2000

Student
Jan 15, 2019
All the resources I've read mention the importance of blocking the carotids and never mention the vertebral arteries or the Circle of Willis.

From my research, the carotid arteries combined provide approx 90% of the blood flow to the brain, and the vertebral the remaining 10%. If the blood flow in one of the carotid arteries is restricted or stopped completely, the remaining carotid and vertebral arteries can compensate, however if both carotid arteries are blocked, there is no way that the vertebral can pick up the slack

Reactions: Orbitc, TimeToBiteTheDust, Vienrose and 5 others
F

foreversleep

Jan 15, 2019
From my research, the carotid arteries combined provide approx 90% of the blood flow to the brain, and the vertebral the remaining 10%. If the blood flow in one of the carotid arteries is restricted or stopped completely, the remaining carotid and vertebral arteries can compensate, however if both carotid arteries are blocked, there is no way that the vertebral can pick up the slack

Thank you so much - that is very useful information!

So... did your attempt fail?

tiggles2000

tiggles2000

Student
Jan 15, 2019
Unfortunately. I don't remember anything after half a bottle of scotch. I guess I just passed out. Tonight I have had less so will be trying again in about an hour

Reactions: therhydler
M

meowcat

Experienced
Aug 9, 2018
Some things I've learned since my last post:
  1. The ideal rope is a "static" climbing rope such as this. Static because it has less give and climbing because it's rated for weights well in excess of what you'll need
  2. A doorway anchor such as this one–intended for use with resistance bands–is a sturdy, inexpensive, easily concealed mount for those pursuing partial suspension
Thanks for posting this.My main concern with hanging is that i have a strong neck that might try to resist the hang.I guess practice and getting drunk would help.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, Partial-Elf and therhydler
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
I made this into a thread before but I'll post it here too:

I found out a few things that work for me while practicing partial. 1, a scarf (dupatta) works much better for me than rope. I have a soft nylon rope, 10mm but it is too painful somehow, even with padding. The dupatta is much more comfortable and I get closer to losing consciousness. EDIT: a material belt works even better. The buckle instead of a slipknot is a godsend

2, the best knot position for me is on the left side more in the front, somewhere under the left ear. Knot at the back is too painful. EDIT: in the centre in the front works well too

3 - this is the most important. I came the closest I ever was today to losing consciousness. This happens when I put ALL of my weight down, suddenly. My feet where off the ground for a while. And unfortunately, it WILL be painful (was for me at least). If you are having no success with partial, and are not afraid of a bit of pain, try this... because very quickly the initial pain starts fading, I got a very pleasant tingly sensation all over my body and my vision started going black. It was a wonderful feeling. I am also a bit less afraid of full suspension now because I know the loss of consciousness will probably be quick, after the initial pain. I have practiced partial many times with no success but now it seems I am making some progress... the key is putting more pressure and getting past the pain. When I just put some pressure then all I get is a buildup of pressure in my head and it is very unpleasant. Don't be afraid of putting ALL your weight down

Hope this helps

Reactions: Orbitc, Gabby78, elyayamama and 8 others
M

meowcat

Experienced
Aug 9, 2018
Unfortunately. I don't remember anything after half a bottle of scotch. I guess I just passed out. Tonight I have had less so will be trying again in about an hour
Al
I made this into a thread before but I'll post it here too:

I found out a few things that work for me while practicing partial. 1, a scarf (dupatta) works much better for me than rope. I have a soft nylon rope, 10mm but it is too painful somehow, even with padding. The dupatta is much more comfortable and I get closer to losing consciousness. EDIT: a material belt works even better. The buckle instead of a slipknot is a godsend

2, the best knot position for me is on the left side more in the front, somewhere under the left ear. Knot at the back is too painful. EDIT: in the centre in the front works well too

3 - this is the most important. I came the closest I ever was today to losing consciousness. This happens when I put ALL of my weight down, suddenly. My feet where off the ground for a while. And unfortunately, it WILL be painful (was for me at least). If you are having no success with partial, and are not afraid of a bit of pain, try this... because very quickly the initial pain starts fading, I got a very pleasant tingly sensation all over my body and my vision started going black. It was a wonderful feeling. I am also a bit less afraid of full suspension now because I know the loss of consciousness will probably be quick, after the initial pain. I have practiced partial many times with no success but now it seems I am making some progress... the key is putting more pressure and getting past the pain. When I just put some pressure then all I get is a buildup of pressure in my head and it is very unpleasant. Don't be afraid of putting ALL your weight down

Hope this helps
What material should the dupatta be made of?.
So it does not tear

Last edited:
Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
Al

What material should the dupatta be made of?.
So it does not tear

hmm I'm not sure.... though I think most of them should be from similar material. I don't know what material mine is lol. But I am pretty light and I'm quite sure it won't tear

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust and meowcat
M

meowcat

Experienced
Aug 9, 2018
hmm I'm not sure.... though I think most of them should be from similar material. I don't know what material mine is lol. But I am pretty light and I'm quite sure it won't tear
Looking them up online .They seem to be cotton or silk or a combination.
I like your idea.Just need to be sure it holds.

Last edited: