Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
14mikeawesome_480x480.jpg
Thanks for posting this.My main concern with hanging is that i have a strong neck that might try to resist the hang.I guess practice and getting drunk would help.
I don't think there's a neck strong enough to resist tbh. I remember reading about this pro wrestler named Mike Awesome who CTB via hanging: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Awesome

If you have a studlier neck then I am impressed

Last edited:
Reactions: loopdaloop, Hurt, TimeToBiteTheDust and 1 other person
M

meowcat

Experienced
Aug 9, 2018
14mikeawesome_480x480.jpg

I don't think there's a neck strong enough to resist tbh. I remember reading about this pro wrestler named Mike Awesome who CTB via hanging: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Awesome

If you have a studlier neck then I am impressed
If i remember correctly,this guy might have used a gym pulley that he had at home to hang.At least I remember someone told me around the time it happened.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, Lifeisatrap and sif
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
Would a clothes rail be strong enough? I'm not sure it'd hold if my body was convulsing since it's quite cheap and a little flimsy. I could try a curtain rail as well but I think it has the same problem, that it I'd be seen from the window

Edit: just tried pulling down on both the curtain rail and the clothes rail. The curtain rail is bending when I pull on it so I'm not sure if I trust it despite it being screwed to the wall. The clothes rail wobbles a bit and looks like it could topple over, I'm thinking I could try and weigh it down though if that makes sense

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, Lil_Intro_Vert, therhydler and 2 others
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
Would a clothes rail be strong enough? I'm not sure it'd hold if my body was convulsing since it's quite cheap and a little flimsy. I could try a curtain rail as well but I think it has the same problem, that it I'd be seen from the window

Edit: just tried pulling down on both the curtain rail and the clothes rail. The curtain rail is bending when I pull on it so I'm not sure if I trust it despite it being screwed to the wall. The clothes rail wobbles a bit and looks like it could topple over, I'm thinking I could try and weigh it down though if that makes sense
I'd really advise against this, sounds sketchy. Please consider just getting a door anchor like this instead

Reactions: Orbitc, TimeToBiteTheDust, dv2020lowj and 6 others
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
It's been a few weeks since I last experimented with partial and got it dialed in. In that time, a few interesting things have happened:
  • I ordered a tourniquet off the internet to compare it with partial. Probably user error, but the tourniquet was not in the same league as my partial setup–no faintness, purely the classic and unpleasant "exploding head" feeling. Much more of a hassle to use as well
  • After having the tourniquet fail in my experiments, I wanted to make sure I could still succeed with partial. Just now I did a little trial and partial was as effective as ever. Within seconds I had the heavy body like I was drunk, tingling lips, and some euphoria. Literally under five seconds. Upon standing and removing the noose I had the "stood up too fast" feeling and generally felt kind of weird
  • A family member questioned me about my rope, which I didn't go to great lengths to hide. I said I was just learning how to tie knots when I was bored... sort of the truth. I don't have history of SI that they know of so I can get away with things like that
In conclusion, I continue to be shocked at how quick and painless (even pleasurable) partial is when executed properly. Definitely remains my method of choice

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, dv2020lowj, Atzay and 9 others
Deivis

Deivis

Seul contre tous
Jul 23, 2018
In conclusion, I continue to be shocked at how quick and painless (even pleasurable) partial is when executed properly. Definitely remains my method of choice

You've got lucky :) It doesn't hurt your trachea in any way, does it? As soon as I add weight, and without any padding, the pain is unbearable. And if I add some padding to the front, the rope seem to miss the proper area. If I slide down quickly, I guess it would crush the trachea. Shit :) I'm not among the lucky ones..

PS: Whats your neck circumference? Have you got a measuring tape?

Reactions: Orbitc, TimeToBiteTheDust, Atzay and 3 others
RIP2ME

RIP2ME

Sep 10, 2018
I've tried partial a few times already in the past, but I've never been able to pass out before discomfort got unbearable.

I was standing, had the knot on the side of my neck, and bent my knees, leaning away from the knot, so as to press the rope against the side of my neck. I felt discomfort, dizzyness, a throbbing sensation in my head, even saw little flashing lights, but no unconsciousness at any point. At some point it always got unbearable and I had to abort.

I'd be very grateful for any input on what I was doing wrong. Where is the quick and sudden unconsciousness that I see in videos?
I've tried partial a few times already in the past, but I've never been able to pass out before discomfort got unbearable.

I was standing, had the knot on the side of my neck, and bent my knees, leaning away from the knot, so as to press the rope against the side of my neck. I felt discomfort, dizzyness, a throbbing sensation in my head, even saw little flashing lights, but no unconsciousness at any point. At some point it always got unbearable and I had to abort.

I'd be very grateful for any input on what I was doing wrong. Where is the quick and sudden unconsciousness that I see in videos?
I have had same problem as you I need to know why I ain't passing out in seconds as they say.....?

Reactions: fkyou, TimeToBiteTheDust, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
RIP2ME

RIP2ME

Sep 10, 2018
I gave up trying. I couldn't lose consciousness either. Maybe the helium exit bag is an option? Painless and quick too, so I have read.
Some helium now contains oxygen I was told on here before try get the industrial not party one

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, thundersnail, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
You've got lucky :) It doesn't hurt your trachea in any way, does it? As soon as I add weight, and without any padding, the pain is unbearable. And if I add some padding to the front, the rope seem to miss the proper area. If I slide down quickly, I guess it would crush the trachea. Shit :) I'm not among the lucky ones..

PS: Whats your neck circumference? Have you got a measuring tape?
Neck circumference of just under 15 inches if I measured properly. To be clear I measured where I put the noose, which is immediately below the chin and above the Adam's apple. I am of medium build, neither over nor underweight (by American standards haha). I don't think neck size or body fat percentage should really make a difference though as illustrated by my previous post about Mike Awesome.

I use padding (washcloth) on the front of the neck, and also put all my weight on at once in an almost over exaggerated fashion–like plopping down on the couch after a long day. That last part was what made the difference for me–are you doing it?

Also, I can repeat it fairly reliably now. I don't say that to gloat but because I don't think it's luck and I wonder what most people who struggle are doing wrong... My best guess it that most don't put their weight in all at once

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Orbitc, TimeToBiteTheDust, Atzay and 4 others
O

Overtime

Jan 22, 2019
Hi, I am new. I want to ctb by hanging. I want to make sure I don't survive.

I fooled around with tying a noose using a leather belt. Managed to get close to blacking out in seconds, like 3-4. But I don't trust the setup I used.

I'm thinking of buying a hiking rope and hanging the noose to a pullup bar. Pullup bar is safe and sturdy and can hold way beyond all my weight, and rope should too.

I wish I could plan full suspension so I can't chicken out, but the pullup bar height is too low.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, Walilamdzi, dv2020lowj and 3 others
R

Robanon

"I know it's over. Still I cling."
Jan 12, 2019
Full Suspension/Judicial hanging

I am asking in spirit of genuine enquiry - why is there so little on here about the sort of drop hanging that is commonly used (or was) for judicial executions. Fact is that you know if you were stood in a prison with a noose around your neck it is going to be 100% quick, reliable and painless.

Now I know that logistically it is much much harder than partial (finding a place, getting the drop right etc) but surely it isn't any harder than buying N off A and getting hold of antiemetic regime - which there are thousands of bits of advice on here about. So my question is, are we not giving a tried, tested and trusted approach the attention we should?

Like many people here I am struggling with partial so it is an option I am thinking about. Clearly I don't want to be slowly strangled for minutes etc either - but have seen advice on calculating drops that comes from what was used in UK prisons.

What do people think?

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
Full Suspension/Judicial hanging

I am asking in spirit of genuine enquiry - why is there so little on here about the sort of drop hanging that is commonly used (or was) for judicial executions. Fact is that you know if you were stood in a prison with a noose around your neck it is going to be 100% quick, reliable and painless.

Now I know that logistically it is much much harder than partial (finding a place, getting the drop right etc) but surely it isn't any harder than buying N off A and getting hold of antiemetic regime - which there are thousands of bits of advice on here about. So my question is, are we not giving a tried, tested and trusted approach the attention we should?

Like many people here I am struggling with partial so it is an option I am thinking about. Clearly I don't want to be slowly strangled for minutes etc either - but have seen advice on calculating drops that comes from what was used in UK prisons.

What do people think?
I personally wouldn't want to do long drop–I'd much sooner so full suspension without the drop. Don't like the idea of my neck breaking, sounds like unnecessary pain. Also don't like the possibility of miscalculating or jumping at the wrong angle or some weird thing like that happening.

Full or partial suspension should do the job for anyone given the right materials and uninterrupted time. What are your techniques and materials for partial? May be able to help troubleshoot

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, TimeToBiteTheDust, Atzay and 4 others
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
A quick and simple question that may quite honestly have been answered already: when you hang youself with a rope, do you want the knot to be at the front or the back of the neck ?

You basically want to block the blood flow, not strangle your windpipe.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust and Lifeisatrap
R

Robanon

"I know it's over. Still I cling."
Jan 12, 2019
I personally wouldn't want to do long drop–I'd much sooner so full suspension without the drop. Don't like the idea of my neck breaking, sounds like unnecessary pain. Also don't like the possibility of miscalculating or jumping at the wrong angle or some weird thing like that happening.

Full or partial suspension should do the job for anyone given the right materials and uninterrupted time. What are your techniques and materials for partial? May be able to help troubleshoot

Well, I know that I haven't done all the things I am meant to - the sudden weight shift etc. I have a belt (fabric but elasticated a bit), ties, shoe lace. I have not tried yet, but have practiced trying to find the sweet spot (without success), usually whilst lying in bed at night.

The closest I have got is the belt - which because it is elasticated, if I wrap around more than once is pretty effective. But don't really get beyond the pain in jaw and ears. I have tried a tourniquet too as recommended in Last Five Acts - but I struggle to make that work. Oh and I have a ratchet strap - for night night, but something about it freaks me out a bit - think it is idea of deciding not and blind panic as I can't remove.

In an ideal world (which this one clearly isn't hence wanting to leave it) I would have a way to do partial in my car

Any hints or tips appreciated!

therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
A quick and simple question that may quite honestly have been answered already: when you hang youself with a rope, do you want the knot to be at the front or the back of the neck ?

At the front or on the left just below the left ear works best for me. Remember the knot is where the least pressure is applied

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap, Jiva and 1 other person
Jiva

Jiva

I want ...
Nov 18, 2018

I think, it is a good idea do some experiments with own body. Every body is different. You can try different positions during partial suspension and finally use the best variation for complete hanging. I think, it isn´t a good way, if you trust a tip from a unknown person. None true isn´t ultimate.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, Lifeisatrap, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
Well, I know that I haven't done all the things I am meant to - the sudden weight shift etc. I have a belt (fabric but elasticated a bit), ties, shoe lace. I have not tried yet, but have practiced trying to find the sweet spot (without success), usually whilst lying in bed at night.

The closest I have got is the belt - which because it is elasticated, if I wrap around more than once is pretty effective. But don't really get beyond the pain in jaw and ears. I have tried a tourniquet too as recommended in Last Five Acts - but I struggle to make that work. Oh and I have a ratchet strap - for night night, but something about it freaks me out a bit - think it is idea of deciding not and blind panic as I can't remove.

In an ideal world (which this one clearly isn't hence wanting to leave it) I would have a way to do partial in my car

Any hints or tips appreciated!
I can't pass out lying in bed with the noose as you describe but do so very quickly when putting all weight into the rope. If you really want effectiveness that's what you'll need to do. It's like trying to bake a cake without mixing the ingredients properly... then wondering why the cake isn't coming together right. But in this case the cake is death :sunglasses:

Last edited:
Reactions: Suicidal_manlet, TimeToBiteTheDust, Indigo0000 and 4 others
I

iiii5555

Student
Sep 12, 2018
Hanging is always a good alternative. I like how cheap and easy to execute it is compared to most methods.

Reactions: Suicidal_manlet, TimeToBiteTheDust, DontFearTheReaper and 2 others
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
At the front or on the left just below the left ear works best for me. Remember the knot is where the least pressure is applied
Is that always true ?

May depend on a few things, but I can imagine that knot can feel very uncomfortable. To me, a knot at the back had seemed more natural ... but I haven't studied the method in detail.

therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
Is that always true ?

May depend on a few things, but I can imagine that knot can feel very uncomfortable. To me, a knot at the back had seemed more natural ... but I haven't studied the method in detail.

We all have a slightly diferent anatomy so different things might work for us, but in general I think it always applies that place of knot = least pressure

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 2 others
Firecaste

Firecaste

Experienced
Jan 5, 2019
I tried to hang myself. But then the rope snapped, I fell down and bumped this thread.

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidal_manlet, loopdaloop, TimeToBiteTheDust and 5 others
dontwantthislife

dontwantthislife

Jan 28, 2019
In hospital I tried partial with a hospital gown while sitting on the floor and I got that lovely warm tingly feeling, I knew that was the way I wanted to go. But last night I just got the terrible head exploding feeling. Ugh, help me!

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust and thundersnail
F

foreversleep

Jan 15, 2019
In hospital I tried partial with a hospital gown while sitting on the floor and I got that lovely warm tingly feeling, I knew that was the way I wanted to go. But last night I just got the terrible head exploding feeling. Ugh, help me!

As far as I know, the head exploding feeling is when you only compress the jugular veins. Those are taking blood out of your head, so if you compress them it causes blood to build up there. To compress the carotid arteries, more pressure is required than to compress just the jugulars. I've never managed it myself though so please do your own research.

This is another relevant thread:
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/success-on-blocking-carotid-artery.1624/

Reactions: Orbitc, TimeToBiteTheDust, thundersnail and 2 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
Just like previously, I made this into a separate thread but I'm putting it here because threads get lost after a while:

When I first started practicing partial it did not work for me at all. There was immense pain, like someone was standing on my neck, a horrible build-up of pressure in my head and no signs that I was anywhere close to losing consciousness.

But... from rope I changed to dupatta, which made it a bit better, and recently I discovered that a soft material belt with a ring-like buckle makes all the difference. The buckle instead of a slipknot is literally a godsend. Now after about 3 seconds I begin to black out, the pain is more like discomfort than real pain and when I stand up there is this amazing tingly feeling all over my body and it just feels reaallly good - so I find myself practicing now just for that feeling. Someone on this forum described it perfectly: it's like a ghost made of opioids has just given you a hug. One more important thing which I've said before but just a reminder: remember to put ALL your weight down at once. Otherwise it will not work. It will work best if you take your feet off the ground and are fully suspended.

My main intention in making this thread is... if partial seems like your only option but you are fed up with it having no effect, don't completely give up hope. The belt changed everything for me. I used to think god Robin Williams just killed himself using a belt and doorknob why the hell is partial not working for me no matter how hard I try? Now I know the secret just lies in that belt...

love and hugs to everyone

EDIT: I forgot to add, the buckle is more in the front, just underneath the left ear! It's much less painful than having it at the back

• Love
Reactions: amatherasu :-), thundersnail, Iman and 6 others
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
I do a little hanging test every week or so because I have this irrational fear that I'll forget how to do it, or it'll stop working as well as it used to. I also enjoy it for some reason... it feels edgy and sacred and personal.

Yesterday I did my little test and just about ctb—ha! House was empty so why not. I settled into the rope hard (HARD) and stared at a piece of lint on the floor for a few seconds. Oof, I realized I had to stand up right then or it was over. I stood up and my vision was almost nil. I was trying to get the caribeaner unhooked (it's just an easy clasp one from Walmart, no fancy locks or anything). I failed for another five seconds or so, during which time I nearly lost consciousness.

Afterwards I felt subtly less coordinated with my body, more mentally spacey, and a little drained from the aftermath of fight or flight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walilamdzi, KitKat, goxua and 2 others
Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
I have visited two local shops on climbing to ask about static rope, in both stores I have been told that static rope is no longer sold, but has told me that there is a semi-static that is practically the same as the completely static, in fact it says that this semi-static rope is cataloged as static today.

Could I use that rope?

Thank you.

Reactions: thundersnail
tiggles2000

tiggles2000

Student
Jan 15, 2019
Isn't marine rope static?

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust and thundersnail
I

Its almost time

Jan 4, 2019
When people hang from trees, how on earth do they climb up to get in position etc? Thinking of full suspension in a cemetery that means a lot to me but can't imagine how I'll do it

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, DontFearTheReaper and bigj75