wannabeasuperhero

wannabeasuperhero

treading water
Oct 2, 2023
basically title. if you have close personal relationships (friends, family, romantic partners), what do you do in those relationships leading up to CTB? Is it better to push people away beforehand or to embrace them in your last times together? Will you leave them a letter?
I'm wondering what would minimize hurt to those closest to me if I decide to end my life, but I may just need to accept that I would be causing them a lot of pain no matter what.

• Hugs
Reactions: MelancholicMundane and Praestat_Mori
W

wanttosleep

Aug 8, 2023
You can't know what is the best way. Will they be less sad with a good last memory or racked with guilt for not seeing your signs of CTB coming? Will they get suspicious with you trying to have your last embrace. Will they be mad at you for having your last embrace instead of seeking help. Will they be worse they didn't get a goodby If you push them away. Hurt and pain is something you can't always predict especially when it involves mourning. Personally I'm trying to have one last good memory and giving them one last gift to remember me by. I hope it will bring them at least some comfort and lessen the hurt I will cause them for CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: MelancholicMundane, greenpictureframe and Praestat_Mori
Dying2077

Dying2077

Student
Oct 6, 2023
If you are depressed and change a lot, maybe it will be less traumatic