D

Deleted member 1496

Student
Aug 2, 2018
I need to clear out my place before I CBT instead of leaving it for someone else to clean up. Main problem is that I have no reason to live, let alone be motivated to clear and clean out my place. My CBT date isn't until next year, so I can't throw everything away immediately. In general, I'm hesitant to toss things because even an old mechanical disk drive I will use as a secondary offsite backup and utilizing old stuff has helped me to get by and not need new things.

Any ideas on how to get myself up so I put in the work to throw away everything I've worked for? :) Thanks.

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Sundayafternoon, Volatile and 5 others
Mrs.O'Leary'sCow

Mrs.O'Leary'sCow

SanitizingDeodorantCakes
Aug 20, 2018
Maxresdefault

How bad is it?
You could invite someone over and then be forced to clean up to spare yourself embarrassment.

Reactions: Desperate_Soul, MiserableBastard1995 and Tiburcio
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
I am a clean freak by nature so I am not sure. Maybe the closer you get to your date the more drive you will have to do it? If you are looking for a reason that maybe be it.

Reactions: Tiburcio and N-IsMyHope
N

N-IsMyHope

Student
Aug 25, 2018
I am a clean freak too! I cant live in a messy room, my mind will go crazy. Maybe you can look into a minimalist lifestyle? I've thrown away so much stuffs and it feels so good. You still have a lot of time until next year. If I'm near you, I might go help. But I won't ask for permission, I will throw away whatever I want. lol

Reactions: Tiburcio and StarDust
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
I am a clean freak too! I cant live in a messy room, my mind will go crazy. Maybe you can look into a minimalist lifestyle? I've thrown away so much stuffs and it feels so good. You still have a lot of time until next year. If I'm near you, I might go help. But I won't ask for permission, I will throw away whatever I want. lol
HAHAHA @I won't ask for permission, I will throw away whatever I want.

A messy anything just does my head in for me. I had this friend once upon a time that was the messiest person I had met...I can't even go there I will start to vomit. :ohh::sick::ohh:

But yeah ask for help if you need it... you have time, start small then work up to the big stuff.

Reactions: Tiburcio
N

N-IsMyHope

Student
Aug 25, 2018
HAHAHA @I won't ask for permission, I will throw away whatever I want.

A messy anything just does my head in for me. I had this friend once upon a time that was the messiest person I had met...I can't even go there I will start to vomit. :ohh::sick::ohh:

But yeah ask for help if you need it... you have time, start small then work up to the big stuff.
I had one friend something like that too. We were friend since primary school till high school. Her entire hair will be covered with olive oil and no deodorant. hahahaaaa But the only reason that I was being friend with her because of her attitude kinda click with me. Otherwise I will vomit too.

StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
I had one friend something like that too. We were friend since primary school till high school. Her entire hair will be covered with olive oil and no deodorant. hahahaaaa But the only reason that I was being friend with her because of her attitude kinda click with me. Otherwise I will vomit too.

Oh you are a goooood person! How did you handle the smell? Vicks under the nose?

Reactions: Tiburcio and creatureoflight
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
I need to clear out my place before I CBT instead of leaving it for someone else to clean up. Main problem is that I have no reason to live, let alone be motivated to clear and clean out my place. My CBT date isn't until next year, so I can't throw everything away immediately. In general, I'm hesitant to toss things because even an old mechanical disk drive I will use as a secondary offsite backup and utilizing old stuff has helped me to get by and not need new things.

Any ideas on how to get myself up so I put in the work to throw away everything I've worked for? :) Thanks.

In your place, I wouldn't clean out anything shortly before the CBT date. Seems your mind is not dead set on it yet. And you never know what you are going to feel like next year. So unless you are dead set in doing it and can't one second longer, don't clean out anything.

N

N-IsMyHope

Student
Aug 25, 2018
Oh you are a goooood person! How did you handle the smell? Vicks under the nose?
We never had to study in the same class room because in my country they separate kids by their grades (how stupid of educational system). I only met her when we walk home together so the wind help reduce smell.

G

GoneSeptember2018

Student
Aug 28, 2018
I don't mean to be rude but I am curious why this is so important, to clean up?

The people who find you aren't going to be too affected by the mess you leave and will likely just quickly go through the motions to clean your stuff up. If you're doing it for family, they will be so shattered anyway that not having to pack your things up is not going to make them much happier.

Leaving letters and a will are probably more a necessity if you have assets.

Last edited:
Reactions: skitliv and Tiburcio
T

tryinginto

Aug 29, 2018

New here, what is CBT? (Google gave me two options: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Cock & Ball Torture)

Reactions: lastsummer, Sundayafternoon, Soon4me and 2 others
G

GoneSeptember2018

Student
Aug 28, 2018
Cock & Ball Torture....Definitely not that, hah!

CTB = caching the bus, as in catching the bus to death

Reactions: lastsummer, bag.of.cats, Tiburcio and 2 others
bag.of.cats

bag.of.cats

depressed cats
Apr 10, 2018
I don't mean to be rude but I am curious why this is so important, to clean up?
I'm doing it too, but there is no reason outside myself, I just want things to be tidy after I'm gone.

Sundayafternoon

Sundayafternoon

Cosmic panic
May 18, 2018
It helped me to imagine people going through my things and talking about how filthy I was. Plus, I just recently moved so that helped.