• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019
I have been to multiple doctors and they don't order additional tests even after I request them to . I keep telling them that their treatment plan is failing and symptoms are getting worse.
They say that testing is not required and one even wrote a whole list of tests as a taunt after his ego was hurt when I asked for additional tests .

Has anyone been in the same predicament ? How to convince them that they have got things wrong ?
Maybe exaggerating symptoms ? I have been totally honest with them until now .

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
I have been to multiple doctors and they don't order additional tests even after I request them to . I keep telling them that their treatment plan is failing and symptoms are getting worse.
They say that testing is not required and one even wrote a whole list of tests as a taunt after his ego was hurt when I asked for additional tests .

Has anyone been in the same predicament ? How to convince them that they have got things wrong ?
Maybe exaggerating symptoms ? I have been totally honest with them until now .
Exaggerating symptoms is sadly what a lot of people have to do in regards to both mental and physical health to feel heard and taken seriously and to even get the treatment that they deserve. Sad that this is the way we have to deal with the medical field today.

Reactions: epic
L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Don't have a psychiatric history.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
That's awful- I'm so sorry. I suppose you could ask for a second opinion- or, to change doctors- although- that's likely to annoy them even more.

It REALLY infuriates me when the people who actually WANT help are ignored.

I've only had the experience of physical pain being belittled. One particular doctor in the hospital was so snide. I felt almost smug when they showed me the results of an MRI scan (in front of him) that showed a gallstone was in the bile duct. Maybe they don't bother teaching doctor's bedside manner these days...

Maybe you can research what tests are out there and ask to be put forward for them? That will also likely irritate him but it makes it clear you are invested in trying to work on your health. Really- just politely saying that you aren't satisfied with the solutions he is (or isn't) suggesting ought to be enough. I suppose you could threaten to take the matter further- doctors and practices must be regulated by higher powers. Still- this likely will make him even more aggresive towards you. I'm so sorry. I hope he does his job and helps you.

• Hugs
Jarni

Jarni

Memento mori
Dec 12, 2020
I have the same problem (amongst others). I'd try to find another doctor and don't say to him/her that another doctor didn't want to prescribe these tests.