• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019
Due to my bipolar and it's unpredictability, I am under constant care by my mother, which is kind of sad since I am in mid twenties lol. Anyway, I believe that i would HIGHLY benefit from inpatient care, however my mother is strongly against the idea. I have told doctors before that I have a plan to kill myself, and they recommend that I visit the ER, however, as my mother is my career, she will do everything in her power to keep me out of the hospital. She does not like the thought of me being in a psych ward due to a negative experience I had when I was 14 years old. It's stupid, I need the extra support, but she constantly blocks me from going into hospital. Also, I cannot drive there since I do not currently have a car. I've been thinking of ways that I can get admitted without her stopping it, for example threatening suicide in front of a shit load of people until the cops arrive and take me to the hospital

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Boochky
Nanami

Nanami

Global Mod
Nov 20, 2018
Did you tell your doctor that your mum won't let you?
Can you maybe call someone you trust for help or take an uber?

Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019
Did you tell your doctor that your mum won't let you?
Can you maybe call someone you trust for help or take an uber?
Ehhh I have no money to pay for an uber
I do tell them, I just don't have much power as she is my career >makes decisions on my behalf

Nanami

Nanami

Global Mod
Nov 20, 2018
Do you think you'll manage once you get to the ER?
Maybe going there under the pretense of something else might work, appendix issues, dvt, meningitis, etc.

Reactions: Azzy69
Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
2 things will happen on the p ward. You'll bet better or you'll come out even worse then you was before.

Reactions: hatelife and Azzy69
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Please do not do anything like you described to get cops involved! I can picture several ways that could end very badly, and you're likely to be treated like a threat and criminal. You could end up shot. Someone else could get hurt.

I'm not sure where you're located, but in my city, we have a crisis center you can call or go to that will send a small team to talk to you and come up with a plan to help you. They are usually very nice and basically talk to you about how you're feeling and determine if you should be hospitalized. If so, they arrange that.

A more extreme way is to call an emergency line, but I'd use that as a last resort.

And obviously, there's always the option of sneaking off to an ER.

If you see a therapist or psychiatrist, you can tell them the situation, and they can help you, as well.

Ultimately, you are an adult, and unless your mom holds a power of attorney, she can't stop you from seeking help. She might not like it, but she has no right. And even if she does, I believe the law overrides her on matters like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nanami
L

Lefty

Mage
Dec 7, 2018
While being an inpatient might help, I wouldn't reccommend. I've heard and read things that would make me steer clear. Regardless, the choice is ultimately yours. Just thought I'd throw my two cents in.

Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019
Please do not do anything like you described to get cops involved! I can picture several ways that could end very badly, and you're likely to be treated like a threat and criminal. You could end up shot. Someone else could get hurt.

I'm not sure where you're located, but in my city, we have a crisis center you can call or go to that will send a small team to talk to you and come up with a plan to help you. They are usually very nice and basically talk to you about how you're feeling and determine if you should be hospitalized. If so, they arrange that.

A more extreme way is to call an emergency line, but I'd use that as a last resort.

And obviously, there's always the option of sneaking off to an ER.

If you see a therapist or psychiatrist, you can tell them the situation, and they can help you, as well.

Ultimately, you are an adult, and unless your mom holds a power of attorney, she can't stop you from seeking help. She might not like it, but she has no right. And even if she does, I believe the law overrides her on matters like this.
I wouldn't care if they shot me

• Hugs
Reactions: hatelife
Boochky

Boochky

Fat, bipolar, and hairy. (Sorry boys, I’m taken.)
Feb 23, 2019
Due to my bipolar and it's unpredictability, I am under constant care by my mother, which is kind of sad since I am in mid twenties lol. Anyway, I believe that i would HIGHLY benefit from inpatient care, however my mother is strongly against the idea. I have told doctors before that I have a plan to kill myself, and they recommend that I visit the ER, however, as my mother is my career, she will do everything in her power to keep me out of the hospital. She does not like the thought of me being in a psych ward due to a negative experience I had when I was 14 years old. It's stupid, I need the extra support, but she constantly blocks me from going into hospital. Also, I cannot drive there since I do not currently have a car. I've been thinking of ways that I can get admitted without her stopping it, for example threatening suicide in front of a shit load of people until the cops arrive and take me to the hospital
Hi. I don't know where you are but CA requires that you be either a harm to yourself or others or gravely disabled. When I am in your condition I go for gravely disabled. Can't dress myself, feed myself, address hygiene or manage meds independently. I salute you for trying to get help and it sounds like you are in a tough situation. I wish you the best.