• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

SquirrelsInMyPants

SquirrelsInMyPants

Nov 4, 2020
My mood has improved thanks to finding the right meds but I still can't bring myself to do things that may present a brief disconfort but are good for me in the long run, any advice on how to have motivation to do things?

LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Suffering Autointoxification
Nov 22, 2020
Make sure your aim is achievable. As Genes said break them right down to basic. i habit track to help motivate me, there's apps or bullet journals for this.

• Love
Reactions: SquirrelsInMyPants
MrBigSad

MrBigSad

Experienced
Sep 30, 2020
Even something as small as taking a shower when you wake up can help. I never liked being vain but there is a sort of truth to that if you look good, you feel good. Just putting in even minimal effort helps loads. I swept my room and did my washing this morning, and the dishes. Took the trash out, it didn't take long and now it looks so much better, if you care about yourself, you'll be happier. But I do understand why you're demotivated

• Love
Reactions: SquirrelsInMyPants
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Biting the bullet for something difficult to get through to something desired can be daunting. Steeling one's resolve, summoning the courage, or bracing oneself are phrases that speak to how some others have dealt with this difficulty.

It can help to see the difficulty as something brief. Even if it isn't brief, it can help to view it in segments so that a sense of brevity can be maintained. This is like long distance runners who sometimes just focus on getting over the next hill rather than the entire race.