• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Bianka

Bianka

No longer human
Jan 16, 2024
I found 0.7% success rate the other day. Data shows that when there is an opportunity survival insticts kick in and you back down. But even if you don't it's a slow and painful way to go out. Rapid blood loss is not so calm and romantic as the media portrays it to be.

Upvote 0
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
Not recommended. Cutting in general is uneffective.

But related question: even if you can surpass your SI, is cutting more effective if you cut too deep and actually be lethal? Is cutting mostly ineffective because people's SI kicks in or is it just very slow way to die? Or both?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Not recommended. Cutting in general is uneffective.

But related question: even if you can surpass your SI, is cutting more effective if you cut too deep and actually be lethal? Is cutting mostly ineffective because people's SI kicks in or is it just very slow way to die? Or both?
It can work if you manage to cut deep enough across the right veins, it's not 0%, has 2% effectiveness so those people have died from it. Problem is not just SI, the painfulness makes you stop before you make enough damage plus your cut clots before you lose enough blood.

Upvote 0
Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
Since nobody else wanted to answer the question, I'll do it.
Cutting the wrists can be a viable method, though as others have pointed out it has a low success rate (I had about 6% in mind). I believe this comes from the high susceptibility to errors meaning you can do many things wrong. But if done right you can pass out within minutes. Here is what I know about this method. Please note that I am no expert and I might be wrong on some points:
  • Do NOT cut your wrists like they show it in the movies (parallel to hand). You will survive this. If you go through with this method then cut in the direction away from your hand (parallel to the bones).

• Look where on the wrist you can feel your pulse, that is the radial artery (picture) https://www.mdpi.com/jcm/jcm-08-01727/article_deploy/html/images/jcm-08-01727-g001.png. You want to cut through that and upwards. Note how it does not go through the middle of the arm but rather the side. I've seen a reddit post a few days ago where someone survived with a massive slit (he attached a photo) because he cut the middle of the arm and missed both, the radial artery and the ulnar vein.

• The sharper the tool, the better. Razor blades or even scalpels should work best. Though, Avicii also managed to kill himself using glass shards. But I guess you must really be determined to go through with it.

• Aspirin can be bought in any pharmacy. It is a blood thinner and makes your blood flow more easily through your body. This could cause a heavier bleeding.

• Movies display people cutting their wrists in the bathtub. There might be some truth to it, the bathtub has 4 benefits:
    - warm / hot water increases your blood flow so you bleed out faster.
    - warm / hot water makes your blood clot slower (or so I have read somewhere).
    - while bleeding out you might feel cold so warm water is more comfortable.
    - no mess to clean up.
    But of course, cutting can be performed anywhere.

• Downsides:
    - It could be that cutting is extremely painful. Perhaps you could numb the pain a bit using ice packs beforehand?
    - You can accidentally cut your tendons in your arm that control your fingers so if you happen to survive, it could be that your hands won't be fully functional anymore.
    - If you do just one thing wrong you are much more likely to survive. Cutting is not as easy and safe as jumping from a building for example.
    - Death is not immediate and may take a while after you fell unconscious, depending on how heavy you bleed so make sure nobody will find you within the next hour or two.

Upvote 1
MoMiiShii

MoMiiShii

As the Crow flies to the end
Dec 12, 2023
Your wrists aren't an essential organ so Ill doubt it'll be successful. Maybe it will, but it'll be very painful due to the amount of blood loss that'll need to be done and you'll probably need to completely decapitate your hand which is obviously very painful.

Upvote 0
V

VoidedExistence

Dec 6, 2023
Cutting the wrists can be a viable method, though as others have pointed out it has a low success rate (I had about 6% in mind). I believe this comes from the high susceptibility to errors meaning you can do many things wrong. But if done right you can pass out within minutes. Here is what I know about this method. Please note that I am no expert and I might be wrong on some points:
  • Do NOT cut your wrists like they show it in the movies (parallel to hand). You will survive this. If you go through with this method then cut in the direction away from your hand (parallel to the bones).

• Look where on the wrist you can feel your pulse, that is the radial artery (picture) https://www.mdpi.com/jcm/jcm-08-01727/article_deploy/html/images/jcm-08-01727-g001.png. You want to cut through that and upwards. Note how it does not go through the middle of the arm but rather the side. I've seen a reddit post a few days ago where someone survived with a massive slit (he attached a photo) because he cut the middle of the arm and missed both, the radial artery and the ulnar vein.

• The sharper the tool, the better. Razor blades or even scalpels should work best. Though, Avicii also managed to kill himself using glass shards. But I guess you must really be determined to go through with it.

• Aspirin can be bought in any pharmacy. It is a blood thinner and makes your blood flow more easily through your body. This could cause a heavier bleeding.

• Movies display people cutting their wrists in the bathtub. There might be some truth to it, the bathtub has 4 benefits:
    - no mess to clean up.

• Downsides:
    - It could be that cutting is extremely painful. Perhaps you could numb the pain a bit using ice packs beforehand?
    - You can accidentally cut your tendons in your arm that control your fingers so if you happen to survive, it could be that your hands won't be fully functional anymore.
    - If you do just one thing wrong you are much more likely to survive. Cutting is not as easy and safe as jumping from a building for example.
    - Death is not immediate and may take a while after you fell unconscious, depending on how heavy you bleed so make sure nobody will find you within the next hour or two.
Is bleeding out painful? And if I don't manage to cut the radial or ulnar artery. won't it still continue to bleed anyway? I am so fucking horrified of the thought of cutting myself. I have never self harmed.

Upvote 0
K

kms2nite

Jun 25, 2023
As a person that self harms
It doesn't hurt as much as people make it out to seem (in my experience)
I've cuts some veins and stuff and it didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would
Also it better to hit an artery, it'll be a lot quicker

Upvote 1
spøgelse

spøgelse

Student
May 14, 2023
There is none
Best case scenario is you get hospitalised and then they watch you 24/7
I self-harm and it didn't do shit just made a mess I had to clean up while bleeding everywhere

Upvote 0
I

InAgony

Student
Feb 19, 2024
I've tried cutting my wrists before and that area is extremely sensitive. It's unlikely you'll kill yourself and you may end up disabled, having cut tendons etc. You'll likely end up with numbness having cut nerves. Just don't do it, would be my advice.

Upvote 1
Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
Is bleeding out painful? And if I don't manage to cut the radial or ulnar artery. won't it still continue to bleed anyway? I am so fucking horrified of the thought of cutting myself. I have never self harmed.
I have never cut myself so I don't know. I imagine the cut itself to be pretty painful, but once the cuts are done the pain gets a lot less and bleeding itself shouldn't hurt? I mean, I've accidentally cut my finger before. The cut hurt for a second, everything after that didn't.
If you miss both, the vein and the artery you will bleed, but you won't die from it. The relatively weak bleeding will probably clot and stop bleeding by itself eventually.

- no mess to clean up.

• Downsides:
I thought of something a couple of days ago. Perhaps you could start jogging on the spot directly after cutting to get your heart rate (and thus, the bleeding rate) up. Could speed up the entire process and avoid a clotting of the cuts, especially if they are otherwise not deep enough. Though, this is my own theory and I don't have any proof for it.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: VoidedExistence
Upvote 0
AshersGirl

AshersGirl

Girl, Interrupted
Apr 29, 2022
It's not like the movies. You likely have to go through muscle and tendons to hit a sweet spot and that hurts, massively. I speak from experience and two decades later I still have decreased sensation in my hand and a constant feeling of mild pins and needles.

Bleeding out means hitting a major artery and losing enough blood before it clots. Very difficult to do this deliberately without medical knowledge of what you're aiming for, and the conviction in conquering SI enough to cut deep.

Also, weirdly, when I used to self harm regularly it never really hurt much (except the time I hit a tendon). Now that I haven't cut in a long time, the one relapse I had it hurt like a bitch. Probably also to do with state of mind when cutting, and your pain tolerance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
V

VoidedExistence

Dec 6, 2023
It's not like the movies. You likely have to go through muscle and tendons to hit a sweet spot and that hurts, massively. I speak from experience and two decades later I still have decreased sensation in my hand and a constant feeling of mild pins and needles.

Bleeding out means hitting a major artery and losing enough blood before it clots. Very difficult to do this deliberately without medical knowledge of what you're aiming for, and the conviction in conquering SI enough to cut deep.

Also, weirdly, when I used to self harm regularly it never really hurt much (except the time I hit a tendon). Now that I haven't cut in a long time, the one relapse I had it hurt like a bitch. Probably also to do with state of mind when cutting, and your pain tolerance.
I am sorry, did you mean I have to go through muscle and tendons to hit the artery, the sweet spot you're referring? I can feel the pulse, does that not mean it's closer to the skin? I am sorry if this sounds stupid.

Upvote 0
AshersGirl

AshersGirl

Girl, Interrupted
Apr 29, 2022
I am sorry, did you mean I have to go through muscle and tendons to hit the artery, the sweet spot you're referring? I can feel the pulse, does that not mean it's closer to the skin? I am sorry if this sounds stupid.
You're not being stupid.
Honestly I'm not a medic. I slit my wrists two decades ago. I had no idea what I was doing I was just desperate to die and rather naive.

I can feel the pulse at all major pulse points in my body. But look at your wrist. You'll see many veins, none of which are likely the major artery, or some of which may be smaller branches off a major artery. Don't quote me on this, I'm not a doctor. But you cut them, sure, you bleed, but it's not the massive bleed out you get from arterial severing.

I think to successfully ctb with cutting it'd be a case of not just nicking, but totally severing one of the major arteries. Likely in more than one place to be sure it worked.

In successful cases either desperation overcomes SI and someone is lucky enough to hit the right spot when violently stabbing themselves, or they have sufficient anatomical knowledge and a scalpel and know exactly the points on the body to cut, is my thought.

• Informative
Reactions: VoidedExistence
Upvote 0
theboy

theboy

Visionary
Jul 15, 2022
A difficult method to do because of the pain and knowing the right place to cut.

Upvote 0
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
As a person that self harms
It doesn't hurt as much as people make it out to seem (in my experience)
I've cuts some veins and stuff and it didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would
Also it better to hit an artery, it'll be a lot quicker
There is a big difference between self harming and killing yourself. I'm sorry but it is hard to compare those two in points of execution and pain management.

• Informative
Reactions: pebpebpebpeb
Upvote 0
K

kms2nite

Jun 25, 2023
There is a big difference between self harming and killing yourself. I'm sorry but it is hard to compare those two in points of execution and pain management.
I've also tried to kill myself by cutting
So I understand both ways

Upvote 0
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Made me think of this but tbh I would advice against it there are so many other less painful methods.
Makeitcount

Upvote 0
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
Made me think of this but tbh I would advice against it there are so many other less painful methods.
View attachment 134517
Make it count??? 😭😭
Who tf made this
I've also tried to kill myself by cutting
So I understand both ways
I am gonna sound like an asshole for saying this but it apparently did not work so it cannot really be compared to what would be needed to successfully kill yourself. I hope you get what I mean

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
The whole "kids" and "make it count" stuff seems to much for me
It doesn´t to me but probably because I read it differently than others. When many people say kids they often don´t refer to actual kids (children) but teenager so it could be to a 16-19 year old which to me are teenagers so not kids at all.

And make it count to me just means well if you want to attempt suicide do it the right way. I met one on an institution I talked with while he came in and out but one time he came back and had cut his wrists open "across the street" and this wasn´t just the cutting for pleasure, relief or attention they were cut open he had fresh thich stiches all the way across and had to have hand braces on for weeks while it healed and he had to be fed, he said after those weeks and he had another surgery to reattach the nerves (as best as they could) he had a lot of nerve damage even many weeks after that surgery he still had a lot of nerve damage so he couldn´t grasp or use his hands as much and for all I know he still suffer from those consequences today of a failed suicide attempt so if someone attempt to do it with a knife first of all go "down the road" and "make it count" because no one wanna end up crippling their already miserable life, I feel sorry for him that he didn´t succeed because he clearly had determination and must be suffering a lot so ashame he had to go through so much more suffering. So...

Upvote 0
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
It doesn´t to me but probably because I read it differently than others. When many people say kids they often don´t refer to actual kids (children) but teenager so it could be to a 16-19 year old which to me are teenagers so not kids at all.

And make it count to me just means well if you want to attempt suicide do it the right way. I met one on an institution I talked with while he came in and out but one time he came back and had cut his wrists open "across the street" and this wasn´t just the cutting for pleasure, relief or attention they were cut open he had fresh thich stiches all the way across and had to have hand braces on for weeks while it healed and he had to be fed, he said after those weeks and he had another surgery to reattach the nerves (as best as they could) he had a lot of nerve damage even many weeks after that surgery he still had a lot of nerve damage so he couldn´t grasp or use his hands as much and for all I know he still suffer from those consequences today of a failed suicide attempt so if someone attempt to do it with a knife first of all go "down the road" and "make it count" because no one wanna end up crippling their already miserable life, I feel sorry for him that he didn´t succeed because he clearly had determination and must be suffering a lot so ashame he had to go through so much more suffering. So...
View attachment 134694
Okay, that is a very fair point. Thanks for explaining that and sharing your experience!

The "kids" is still bothering me tbh, I did take it as teenagers rather than actual children but that doesn't really make it better for me. It seems kinda playful and overall like an older person telling the young ones how to do it correctly. That dynamic is just weird to me.

Reactions: TheGoodGuy and Ash
Upvote 0
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Okay, that is a very fair point. Thanks for explaining that and sharing your experience!

The "kids" is still bothering me tbh, I did take it as teenagers rather than actual children but that doesn't really make it better for me. It seems kinda playful and overall like an older person telling the young ones how to do it correctly. That dynamic is just weird to me.
I don´t mind rather ctb while young, full of emotions and drive rather than end up totally apathetic and stuck in existence because of no emotional drive to make you ctb. I would however advice against cutting since there are so many other less painful methods out there.

Upvote 0
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
I don´t mind rather ctb while young, full of emotions and drive rather than end up totally apathetic and stuck in existence because of no emotional drive to make you ctb. I would however advise against cutting since there are so many other less painful methods out there.
Let's agree to disagree here. :)

Reactions: TheGoodGuy
Upvote 0