Goose774

Goose774

May 12, 2023
I struggle with feelings of emptiness and when severe enough it causes me to self harm, but when I'm discontent with that feeling of emptiness I know that as boredom. The worst thing is I can't just go to a self harm prevention hotline and just be like "I'm just bored :P" because wtf, but my anhedonia (lack of pleasure) prevents me from doing anything about it. Even watching tv or playing a video game or another passive hobby takes as much energy as trying to read a really difficult book. Everything is so mentally taxing and laborious. This makes me very suicidal as it causes me to hate being awake. All I look up to is my next therapy session. I made a post about me hating being awake and yes I'm already diagnosed with depression.
For further context: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/i-hate-being-awake.118943/

• Love
Reactions: Message In A Bottle and Rocinante
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
I cope with it by going for walks or just doing nothing. I used to have expectations for myself and would get sad if I couldn't accomplish anything throughout the day due to depression. Have kind of accepted things will always be this way. Too bored to do anything and would rather LDAR in my free time.

• Hugs
Reactions: Message In A Bottle and Goose774
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I struggle with emptiness too, waves of emptiness and feeling like in middle of nowhere, its hellish. Cope with it? maybe exercise and drugs.

Reactions: Rocinante