• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

section3cantstopme

Nov 30, 2020
Hello.
I am looking for the correct method to tie a ligature in hospital that cuts off air, not blood. I have nothing to hang myself from so I need to be able to tie it.

please please help me

M

mikenoir

To cheer upon death: to see life as more beautiful
Nov 3, 2020
If you cut off air, it's like you're being choked. Likely to fail due to survival instinct. If you cut off blood, you faint as there is no new oxygen.
Reef knot, carotid arteries, tourniquet = keywords.

S

section3cantstopme

Nov 30, 2020
If you cut off air, it's like you're being choked. Likely to fail due to survival instinct. If you cut off blood, you faint as there is no new oxygen.
Reef knot, carotid arteries, tourniquet = keywords.

I'm kind of aiming for that. I want to feel it even if I'm not successful. Plus if I can tie it right I hope to knock myself out.

Is there anyway to cut off blood and knock yourself out without brain damage in the first 10 mins? If so, how?

M

mikenoir

To cheer upon death: to see life as more beautiful
Nov 3, 2020
I'm sorry, I'm not a qualified expert.

If you do it right, you should pass out quickly. And if the knot does not untie itself, you should pass away shortly after.
If you are rescued or the knot unties itself AFTER A LONG TIME, there could be brain damage. 10 min unconsciousness without oxygen sounds like a long time.

It wouldn't take that long (10 min) to pass out. It should take very briefly. So, if you do not pass out, are still conscious but remove the knot, I don't think that there should be any brain damage.

Again, do your research because I am not a doctor. From my experience, it hasn't worked. I couldn't pass out, I only felt slightly uncomfortable until I was choking. Not the right way to do it.