Dec 3, 2023
I know that half of the world population would ctb, no doubts

• Hmph!
Reactions: Aim
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
Just because you feel like ctb is your best option, doesn't mean everyone thinks the same. 😑

Last edited:
Reactions: UKscotty and ijustwishtodie
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I'd imagine that pro-lifers would freak out once people start using those pills to ctb and they would probably get governments from around the world to pull them off drugstore shelves and make them harder to get. All of this would likely happen long before we get to the point of having half the world's population ctb via "magical drugstore suicide pills".

hibikikyuxx

hibikikyuxx

Student
Oct 17, 2023
I don't think so. Just because we don't enjoy living doesn't mean that the same goes for half of the world population. Many people genuinely enjoy living and what life offers to them. I may not relate to how they feel, but I acknowledge it.

Reactions: UKscotty
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
Society would be the same, even this website would have the same content

DazaiKinnie

DazaiKinnie

Cringe Isekai Author
Apr 27, 2023
I mean, the world will be better. Most ppl love life, I doubt half of the population will ctb, but a larger portion will, it will be noticeable but I don't think it will realistically make a dent in the world if this were true

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I doubt it would make any difference.

We act and pretend suicide is hard but we all know intuitively it is easy.

The hard part is overcoming the survival instinct, no method will overcome that.

Over the years different methods are more or less popular, but the SI is the only real challenge.

Look at how much hype there was last year over SN, not many actually use it. We just keep stuff like that as some form or control or comfort blanket.

Reactions: TwoWaysOnly, Ontwon and hibikikyuxx
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Honestly, I don't even think that this would affect the global human population by a significant amount as many do enjoy living after all. And, as for those who are suicidal, for the most part, most of them end up being suicidal because their situations are too severe and/or incurable to deal with. A lot of suicidal people here tend to see death as the lesser of two evils instead of a preferred choice and, maybe, just maybe, some suicidal people could use the fact that they have access to a peaceful method to go all out in recovery. That isn't to say that all suicidal people would go through this route as some just want peace from existing already (which is valid) but I do think that having an easy access to a peaceful method could paradoxically lead to less suicides overall as now people would have a safety net to rely on and hence can go all out in trying to get better

That said, I'm one of those people who would just take the peaceful road to death the moment I can use it

Reactions: Ontwon
dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
So what? If everyone who stays alive wants to be alive then everyone would be happy, right?

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It would prevent so much suffering and would be so relieving, I find it hellish how humans do all they can to make suicide inaccessible for people. And I agree that most would likely choose to end their existence to escape from the cruelty and futility of existing. It would be the most ideal and compassionate outcome to allow people a way to eternally cease existing in peace without any fears of trying to die going wrong and leading to way worse torment as a result.

• Love
Reactions: EyeBeyond
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
N used to be readily available, including in the form of sleeping tablets, for much of the 20th century. Admittedly it was not specifically marketed as a death potion.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I agree with others here that the world will more/less be the same. People who love life will stay and continue living no matter what, and the beneficiaries of such a method being widely available would mean that those who really do want out will do so peacefully, reliably, and with dignity instead of resorting to barbaric, unreliable, and traumatic methods that may even cause collateral damage to others. Of course, there will always be some vast minute group of people who just want to make a statement or create as much trauma as possible, but fortunately, they are very, very rare, as most suicidal people just want to exit and those that are desperate enough to exit will choose a peaceful method versus a barbaric and traumatic one.

G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Shortage very quick , you would need to line up outside at least a few days ahead.