_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
when i got into my first relationship with someone i felt like being high in some way. like on a cocktail of various drugs. but like with most things in life, the fun did end very soon and i just wanted to die, just like now haha. it was really painful, kinda like drug withdrawals.

i know you cant compare drugs to a human being, but just for curiosity sake, what are your thoughts?

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Deleted member 4993, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
catalepsy

catalepsy

Student
Sep 4, 2020
Depends on the drug. The first time I took MDMA was like the first week of the best relationship I ever had, cranked up to 11. Opiates are like the warm comfort of a stable relationship. Opiates work on the same parts of the brain as familial bonding (so I've been told), so it makes sense there would be some carry-over. When I'm knocked over on that stuff, I could easily go without talking to anyone for weeks, or I could socialize like an extroverted butterfly. Just depends on where my head's at.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Brick In The Wall and _Minsk
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
There have been studies that show romantic relationships are similar to drug use. Especially the early stage of relationships. The effect seems to wear down/off and is part of the reason people move on.

• Love
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Deleted member 4993 and _Minsk
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
I believe it is a proven scientific fact that when you are in love, dopamine floods your brain. Dopamine is responsible for that euphoric, "walking on clouds" type of feeling you get when you meet or think of the person you are attracted to. Drugs also activate the production of dopamine. So being in love has some similarities to taking drugs.

Check out Survivor's awesome song about brain chemistry. It is called High on you. :smiling:

• Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall