deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020
I mostly avoid showing much of a personality in real life. So I guess I'm more real here, and most real with online friends one on one, because the forum setting still feels a bit awkward. There's too much time to think through what you're gonna say here, so less of my spontaneous, half-retarded side shines through. Or so I hope.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, BitterlyAlive_, motel rooms and 2 others
Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
This is an excellent question; I'm not sure really, I don't feel I'm putting on a facade here, but then I don't think my persona here gives you a good picture of me, which is the case for most people. I do like being able to be honest on here about CTBing; I can't tell anyone else about that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, Silenos and BitterlyAlive_
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Honestly I feel intimidated by people here so I don't post as much as I would like. Although I often feel that way IRL…so I guess it's me being 'real' anyway.
It's not uncommon for people to have a somewhat different online persona than what their personality is like in real life.

Currently I tend to play the part of someone who's quite carefree and prefers shitposting to serious discussion. In real life you would see that this is but a small part of me, and that I'm mostly super depressed with anxiety always around the corner if something unexpected happens. When I was posting here about a year ago I was very much true to myself, because that's what I needed from this place. Then someone I knew found me here and this place wasn't safe to me anymore. Besides that I feel like I've said pretty much all I needed to say. I'm ready to die, but until such time I'll try to get the most enjoyment out of life that I can.

So how about you? Are you completely yourself here, or do you act like someone you wish you were?
Awful that someone found you on here. :/

• Hugs
Reactions: MeltedJello, Brick In The Wall and Silenos
Silenos

Silenos

Ṿ̸̄Ọ̶͂Ỉ̶͉D̴̞͝ ̴̲̐A̷̾͜W̷̪͒Ā̵̯I̵͍̅T̵̛͔S̷̗͛
Jul 25, 2020
  • Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Scribble Fan

Scribble Fan

I'm out!
May 30, 2019
I guess I'm pretty real. I can express things here that I don't in real life because nobody would understand.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic and Brick In The Wall
Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
pretty much the same, i think. i just say what's on my mind.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ego Sum Medusa, demuic and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I'd say my real personality shines through here more than "in real life." Depression and mental illness has been a part of me for so long it's just a large part of my identity now. A part that I must unfortunately hide in many other aspects of my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: fatefulstillness, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Shadowplay and 3 others
Ego Sum Medusa

Ego Sum Medusa

I am the Crone.
Sep 28, 2021
Like a lot of people, I put on some form of altered persona when online, except here. I'm pretty new here, but I've found it so comfortable and comforting that I want no pretense between myself, my real self, and the interaction I share with others here.

@OP, man that sucks, having someone you know find you here. I feel for you. :/

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Silenos
Lifeless mindset

Lifeless mindset

See you on the other side
Oct 20, 2020
I try to be myself no matter where I am but there are times where I feel embarrassed to make a post on SS because I feel like I'm not well spoken enough. I've always felt like I have a lot to say but can't really say it because of my limited vocabulary and limited knowledge on subjects that interest me. I also feel embarrassed at the fact that I sometimes don't know how to use commas or even when to use periods but I try my best.

• Hugs
Reactions: bed, demuic, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
bed

bed

CTBed
Aug 24, 2019
I am more real here than IRL. IRL i feel like i can't be myself due to anxiety, i still face this somewhat here with what i choose to post but this is basically who I am.
I try to be myself no matter where I am but there are times where I feel embarrassed to make a post on SS because I feel like I'm not well spoken enough. I've always felt like I have a lot to say but can't really say it because of my limited vocabulary and limited knowledge on subjects that interest me. I also feel embarrassed at the fact that I sometimes don't know how to use commas or even when to use periods but I try my best.
just wanted to let you know that your post came off fluently to me! I've seen a few of your posts and you always came off well-spoken as well. Try not to be too hard on yourself, I know it's hard though. <3

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: demuic and Brick In The Wall
S

setup

Experienced
Nov 18, 2021
As this is a suicide forum and an anonymous forum, I am myself with no filter as there is no need to necessarily follow social situations. I'm not too different from real life with close friends and family.

In real life you often have to go with the flow to integrate yourself with others to make life easier and drama free.

WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
I'm a real piece of shit.

FailureGirl

FailureGirl

lost in limbo...
Jul 5, 2021
Im more honest, here I dont have to smile and say I'm fine when I'm not.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sprite_Geist and Silenos
Silenos

Silenos

Ṿ̸̄Ọ̶͂Ỉ̶͉D̴̞͝ ̴̲̐A̷̾͜W̷̪͒Ā̵̯I̵͍̅T̵̛͔S̷̗͛
Jul 25, 2020
I've been more real here lately which kinda sucks. Real me is boring and depressed.

• Hugs
Reactions: FailureGirl, Snake of Eden and MeltedJello
completely-done

completely-done

Experienced
Jan 31, 2022
IRL I'm socially appropriate (most of the times). I contribute to society, uphold responsibility, act proactively when solving problems etc. Over here I am closer to my real self and express my thoughts more honestly. Because if I went around IRL saying what I say here, I would be in the psych ward again

• Hugs
Reactions: Silenos
ncmxm

ncmxm

Experienced
Jun 9, 2021
I'm only real online

• Hugs
Reactions: FailureGirl, Silenos and Sanva
D&D

D&D

Write something, even if it’s just a suicide note.
Dec 3, 2021
I try to be as real as I can ... honest, while respectful. To everyone.

Which is always a challenge, on here or elsewhere, where people express their views.

I still remember times when the skill (and art) of debating was taught and valued. As a tool to examine opposing views and contradictory, complex subjects from all angles or points of view. When conclusions were arrived at via robust examinations of verifiable evidence and sound, substantiated arguments. Open to change if/when better evidence became available.

It seems light years away from the machinery of dogmas, 'fake news', aggressive smear/invalidating campaigns, malicious, deliberate misinformation or plain ignorance disguised as 'information/knowledge' and alike we are bombarded with today. Across countless platforms designed to spread it all across the globe with speed outmatched only by the speed by which their profits increase.

Anyway, I am still very conscious of every word I write here and often worried about how my words come across. So it is not unusual for me to draft a post/reply only to delete it.

Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
My inner world is just as real and impactful as my outerworld

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I am depressed and each day is a different day, not the bipolar type, don't have peaks oh happiness or sadness. Here I am real as I am in real life the only difference is that I don't talk suicide, I always try to spread kindness and love wherever i go. Many times when a customer is being rude to clerk I intervene and say please don't do that, don't you see she is trying her best if he then takes a go at me I say, she's on minimum wage and she is still here to serve you with a smile, kill them with kindness is my life motto. Of corse this is the only place Incan take my "mask" off. So here in the forum I do the same, just try to spread love and have a kind word to those who are down or facing difficulties or bI'd someone farewell if that's the members final decision. I knew a member in America that was about to be evicted, we were really close, I offered her my house for her to stay. We even checked flights. But she was always saying she would be a burden despite me saying never…. RIP.

Last edited:
  • Hugs