• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
Pathetic.
Right now I do almost every day, but I have gone long periods (like you) due to depression/low energy.

I don't think "pathetic" is the best way to look at it. Sometimes all one seems to be able to do... is all one can do.
I literally have no reason to shower
You wrote this post because you noticed it, right? That can be the first step... It seems like you want to do better. Do it for yourself... if it makes you feel good... even if it is only 1%... do it for yourself...?

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Never :pfff:

My boiler doesn't appear to heat the water hot enough for an actual bath.

I tend to shower every other day if I'm not doing anything dirty. LOL no, not that kind of dirty, I mean gardening or the like. :blarg: If I'm getting dirty, then every day.

But I didn't used to. When I was dumped in The Bunker over a year ago, slowly dying and wasting away, I didn't shower for weeks at a time.

BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
...yeah, uh, I posted about this a few times on my former account, but my hygiene has really spiraled for the past 13 months. I'm incredibly ashamed. I'm just gonna say you can count the amount of times I've showered since then on two hands, maybe. The amount of times I've showered since then on my own, without prompting from concerned people? .....I think less than five times.

:/ There are reasons. Depression, apathy, lack of energy, and being repulsed by my body. When I am higher-functioning, I shower every two or three days. When my depression worsens, it's once a week or even every two weeks.

I do keep myself somewhat presentable, keep myself from smelling. There's tricks for that, and deodorant is a must anyway.

awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
Right now I do almost every day, but I have gone long periods (like you) due to depression/low energy.

I don't think "pathetic" is the best way to look at it. Sometimes all one seems to be able to do... is all one can do.

You wrote this post because you noticed it, right? That can be the first step... It seems like you want to do better. Do it for yourself... if it makes you feel good... even if it is only 1%... do it for yourself...?
Living over the road in a truck and navigating a hectic schedule sometimes it just isn't possible. Many times it is and its my decision..Thanks for the advice.

Stinky

M

Miss_Takes

Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Dec 4, 2020
I have always bathed daily and I do co sider it an indicator of declining mental health that for the first time in my life I am unconcerned with personal hygiene. I shower when I have to be in the presence of others still (weekly) but more because of shame than for hygiene or enjoyment. I do remember enjoying the shower ... the comforting and cleansing warmth ... sweet smells ... space to exhale.
I want to want that again.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Once a day and sometimes 2 times a day if I go out. Everytime I go out I get sweaty immediately, I have hyperhydrosa and it's ruining my life and I feel like some water monster that leaves sweaty traces every where I go. If don't shower I feel disgusting so I have to do it at least once a day so that I can sleep in peace

Nimbus

Nimbus

Hanging on is hard
Dec 2, 2019
1-2x per week. It takes a lot of energy out of me but I usually feel better afterwards. I can't manage to take a quick shower. Every time I feel like, since it's been a few days since I've showered, I need to really scrub. I shave because I can't stand how the hair feels on my legs & underarms. If I have to wash my hair, that's even more of a production. It's just so draining to me that I have to work up the energy to do it. I don't judge anyone for how often they do or don't shower. However, I do a bit of a "whore bath" daily - just the important bits. :tongue: