T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Every now and then I'd say 70% are a quick brief of my first thoughts on a given subject but sometimes I really go to town and try to help people. Writing paragraphs.
Unfortunately it the minimal thought replies that get the best responses and appreciatio so perhaps life is trying to tell me something. That thought... is worthless.

• Hugs
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, _Minsk, little helpers and 1 other person
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I try to write with all my heart and soul, and feel frustrated I can't help everyone. I see so much pain and sadness that I wish there was a reset button and wipe all this pain, sadness, and loneliness away from everyone here.
do you just type whats on your mind or do you tend to overthinking your posts? Or are you somewhere in the middle?
Great thread sweet Minsk.

• Love
Reactions: houseofleaves, ImsooDone1N and _Minsk
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I don't suffer from paralysis by analysis.

Drunk Ian Mcshane GIF by American Gods

• Love
Reactions: ImsooDone1N and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
G

Gordy99

Student
Jan 7, 2022
I try to keep it real. I obviously have my own issues but I try to help when possible. I stay away from threads if I don't think I can help or provide some meaningful input.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
I overdo it. Each and every post is proofread at least 2-3 times, and edited (within the time limit) if necessary. I try not to repeat what others have already said, but I'm always running low on ideas. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood to write. I avoid conflict as much as possible and steer clear of flame wars, only asserting my opinion when I absolutely have to. If I'm unable to relate or give any constructive feedback, I will refrain from comment. (Sometimes it does bother me that there is nothing more that I can offer, than a virtual hug or a pitying look in the form of an emoji.)

• Hugs
Reactions: ImsooDone1N and justsayin
ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
Way way too much, and they still suck. Thanks for this thread @_Minsk - I liked hearing others thoughts about this. I would have 1000's of posts if I was able to reply quicker & if I felt like what I had to say could help even one person; even if that's me. I've replied to at least 700+ Posts, and then delete what I've typed 50% of the time for various reasons. Everything from worrying about being misinterpreted, to worried what people I like/care for will think.
I'm pathetic in that getting validation or hearing what I want from my partner is enough to "make my day" and lift my mood for hours+. Unfortunately that doesn't happen nearly as often as I would like (tho I understand & don't have unrealistic expectations from a mate) -so it's a rare but special treat.
I sometimes think that's all that keeps me going. That when I no longer have anyone left to care about & give my love to- I think that will be when I have nothing left to live for & that'll be it.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 1 other person
Seiba

Seiba

Arcanist
Jun 13, 2021
Depends on the post. I've re-wrote a fair amount but some others that were lighthearted I just put out with little problem. I generally lurk more than post because I struggle with saying much of value and lack energy. Other times it's just a thread asking you to talk about yourself, in which many people one after the other do so without much interaction in between for the post. That's not a bad thing inherently but I assume most aren't interested in reading about myself and I lack interest in doing so a decent amount of the time. I am the aware of the irony of the latter by writing this.

littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
I don't post nearly as much as I'd like to because I'm so ill and typing is not the easiest thing for me to do in my state, so whenever I do post I generally try to make it count. That's not to say that everything I post is anything groundbreaking or whatever, and I definitely have a tendency to ramble, but words can be very powerful and I try to be mindful of how I use them.

Overall, I'm definitely an overthinker.

Reactions: justsayin
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
When I first joined, I put a lot of thought into my posts, tried to be wordy and come off as smart. Years later and I realize I've really lost any incentive to try and be a certain way. Nobody will ever see me or know me on here so I'm not bothered anymore. So I'd say low to medium effort these days.

M

myopybyproxy

flickerbeat \\ gibberish-noise
Dec 18, 2021
vacillate between the two extremes - hence why most of my posts are edited multiple times as i reread them after i post, make a quick edit, reread again, fix just one more thing or add another thought, etc

angiegirl30

angiegirl30

Student
Jan 20, 2022
do you just type whats on your mind or do you tend to overthinking your posts? Or are you somewhere in the middle?
Well since I'm relatively new here, I worry about saying the "wrong" thing. I tend to overthink a little bit. But everything that I've said so far is all me and with complete sincerity.

T

Teas

Nov 4, 2018
i don't put too much thought in my posts. i mostly lurk and only respond to threads that don't require much words