metalchic_74

metalchic_74

Gone Girl
Oct 26, 2019
Yes, once I woke up seizing on the floor after the rope had come undone from the basement rafters. Another, I had been found without vitals and resuscitated (I was in a mental ward at the time), taken to a hospital and put into a coma for several days while my brain recovered. If you're going to commit suicide via hanging, don't fuck up the knots and don't let there be any risk of being found for at least an hour.

No, full suspension hangings for both. I've attempted to try partial suspension more times than I could count but each time I pulled up before I passed out, I couldn't do it.
Same here I wanna do full next time

weeks of the day

weeks of the day

𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘐 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦, 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥?
Apr 1, 2019
None of my previous 'attempts' have been in any way effective. I'd say I have 1 pretty genuine attempt, but it...didn't work. With the other 'attempts', I sort of knew I wouldn't really go through with it, but that one felt different.

Last edited:
GreyMonkey

GreyMonkey

Heartbroken
Aug 20, 2019
Never attempted. If I ever do though it will be a very serious attempt with a high degree of success

Reactions: heartbroken12, Ximon and Leshen
B

b12ruinedme

Sep 1, 2019
Once the rope came undone and once I was found and revived.
Did you use a slipknot and did the noose come loose or the suspension point? I have 2 options, one nylon rope, one sort of band that truckers use for example to strap things. I'm so tired I really need hanging to work and when I use the nylon rope, like the loose end of the rope, You know the one with the slip knot that doesn't hold your weight, seems to get shorter, anyone has any experience with this? getting found isn't the problem for me, i just need that rope and the knot to hold.

*KNAZ*

*KNAZ*

The only way out is through
Oct 23, 2019
At least five. Mostly what would be called gestures these days.

BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
About 35 times over the last 10 years, no joke
Mostly by bridge or by train
I wonder, am I just an attention whore, a coward, or both?

ShadowChild

ShadowChild

Any time now.
Jan 13, 2020
I'm not sure if I used the right prefix, but please bare with me as this is my first post here.

How many times did you try to kill yourself?

I've "tried" it a lot of times by cutting my wrists or swallowing a bunch of pills, but I don't count all of them as serious attempts. I think I had like 4 or so serious attempts which got me in the hospital and/or inpatient.
Iv lost count since December

SHThrowAway213

SHThrowAway213

That's the hell I live with
Apr 19, 2018
14, 9of them in the last 7 months

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Lost_the_will2_live and SaraaaEzaaaat
ShadowChild

ShadowChild

Any time now.
Jan 13, 2020
. I don't back out because of SI per se it's more like, this isn't the working iv not got a correct placement prim in the wrong position and now my cats scratching the door to come in (I swear she's done it every time iv tried) but yeah I end up bailing out because I don't feel like I'm gonna pass out just end up feeling..hard to describe..like "heavy" like iv been swimming fully clothed if you get me...iv tried the NN method too but can't find the ss with the padding, I can get it fine my my hands 90% of the time but I dunno :(

• Hugs
Reactions: SaraaaEzaaaat
SaraaaEzaaaat

SaraaaEzaaaat

A closed world , open wounds, only because of you.
Feb 10, 2020
6 in this I should to die , but the weak trying was about 13 , and the last of theme"6 once" was 10/2/2020 .. yeah Iam just 19 years old :""

trouble

trouble

Jan 5, 2020
Once, when I was fourteen. Swallowed a bunch of painkillers, thinking it was going to kill me. Yes, I was a little stupid and naive.
Years have passed and the past times I seriously got suicidal again I managed to back out, and used pills to get some relief and fall asleep.

Although this time, I'm 100% sure I'll do it in a way that will be successful.

• Hugs
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
Maybe four? That week was a blur, but I think it was three times in two days. Then another about two weeks after that. All were from hanging, all serious, all failed (obviously). I've always been too afraid of damage without death to only flirt with suicide.

• Hugs
Swedish Equality

Swedish Equality

The darkest soul
Feb 12, 2020
2 times, cutting my hand and heavy overdose. Few failed hangings because of sl and one sl-jump. I really need to know how to overcome it..
Being in a hospital is a terrible experience, if you're a "wrong"person it will lead to heavy , even physical abuse by doctors..
I'm planning to rent a room on my last money , but I'm not sure about sl..

• Hugs
B

biancapowers

Feb 9, 2020
About a half-dozen since the mid 80s.
-a few OTC pill O'Ds
-a chicken-out high jump from the roof of the psych ward
-hooked up my car to the exhaust with no luck after three hours
-chronic anorexia for years (I was one of the healthier ones the docs had met - yay me :meh:)

Each time was more serious, so to speak. I'm hoping this time works.

• Hugs
lambgf

lambgf

the void will lead into my arms
Jan 15, 2020
Three since last November.

Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
Several. Cutting vein, gun, drowning, od, strangling. The gun twice was the closest I got. A month ago I had the gun in my mouth but somehow stopped. Ended up on here instead.

greekyfish10

greekyfish10

i’m kinda screwed in the head but aren’t we all
Aug 1, 2020
i've never had many serious attempts but there was this one time i sat in a burning hot bath for awhile in a humid room trying to cause myself to pass out and then drown but uh, that didn't really work. other times i just wanted to overdose on like ibuprofen or something but chickened out. typical of me.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
I'm not sure if I used the right prefix, but please bare with me as this is my first post here.

How many times did you try to kill yourself?

I've "tried" it a lot of times by cutting my wrists or swallowing a bunch of pills, but I don't count all of them as serious attempts. I think I had like 4 or so serious attempts which got me in the hospital and/or inpatient.
Once.

StellaArtoix

StellaArtoix

Student
Jul 25, 2020
I
A few times when I was a teenager. I once took 13 tylenol thinking it would do the job. It just got me taken to the ER with a lot of pain. Second time I tried to cut the vein in my arm but the knife was too dull. Third time I tried with a plastic bag over my head but the CO2 was too much for me to handle and see it through.

Over ten years later, I arrived at a point where my life had been thoroughly destroyed by a vicious bully who first broke my heart by turning my crush (who had feelings for me too - to this day it remains the only time in my life I have ever had my romantic feelings requited) completely against me, and then destroying my reputation with gossip and slander which made all my friends block and disown me. It all culminated with my crush becoming facebook official with one of the guys who was now my ex-friend. When I saw that, I started making my plans to wander far off into Angeles National Forest and then shoot myself in the head with a 9mm.

I went to a sporting goods store, picked one out, and put down a deposit. They jerked me around with estimated arrival dates for over a month, until I finally gave up and got my deposit back. If I had known about Sodium Nitrite back then, I definitely would have done it.
I say dont kill yourself because of him. Get even

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Three and still counting. Although I hope my 4th attempt is seriously effective and the last one.

• Hugs
Reactions: Living_Hurts_so_Much
L

Living_Hurts_so_Much

Experienced
Jul 30, 2020
I have had only one serious attempt. Ended up in the pshyc ward and counciling which sucked. It seems no one but this community understands

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lost, _Minsk and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I have had only one serious attempt. Ended up in the pshyc ward and counciling which sucked. It seems no one but this community understands

It's exactly as you said bro. Only people in this community DO understand us. I even made a thread yesterday thanking everyone for being so comprehensive and helpful. (beers and champagne got me happy but I meant it lol)

Psychic wards and counciling suck.

Last edited:
Reactions: DFFP, _Minsk and Living_Hurts_so_Much
L

Living_Hurts_so_Much

Experienced
Jul 30, 2020
It's exactly as you said bro. Only people in this community DO understand us. I even made a thread yesterday thanking everyone for being so comprehensive and helpful. (beers and champagne got me happy my I meant it lol)

Psychic wards and counciling suck.
Like counciling is going to make this shit life all better.

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
I

ilovenightmares

Alcohol is my medication
Jul 4, 2020
Twice, the second time got me sent to the funny farm.

• Hugs
Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
4 times, hopefully this time will work.

• Hugs
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
5, one was a very lame OD.
The weirdest was ingesting something that I'm deadly allergic to, and nothing happened. Of course, I bet that if I hadn't wanted to ctb, I would have died. That's just my luck.

Other than that, plenty of lame and painful partials.

B

blah2323

Aug 1, 2020
One half-assed OD attempt ten years ago. But I feel like I've continually self-sabotaged my personal success for the last decade, as a long drawn out attempt with a clear ending.

If and when the next attempt occurs, it will be a success.

T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
I had one failure due to my impulsive nature. I got very close to the edge (Was doing partial suspension) to find my carotid for a NIght night method when I actually lost consciousness and fell to the floor. The movement freed me but that was pretty close I think. I felt shame for not actually putting effort in, but I got useful info from it. Found my carotid!