Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Non-binary and in a relationship.

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Sweet Tart

Sweet Tart

Arcanist
May 10, 2023
That was such a bizarre film but I enjoyed it. I thought the ending was amazing! That's true love!
Yes, so bizarre! It was kind of unpleasant to watch but then I couldn't stop thinking about it for days. I'm due for a re-watch.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Forever Sleep and psp3000
LadyAlastor

LadyAlastor

Fading In And out losing time with the two I love.
Jan 13, 2020
Been in polyamorous relationship for about 4 years now.

• Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, H.O.Xan, Forever Sleep and 1 other person
Bioforever12

Bioforever12

Jul 25, 2023
feel like it'd be interesting to add, "been in a relationship in the past" feel like a lot of the single woman probably been with some shitty dudes that used them in the past. Where as dudes who are single likely never had any attention from woman

Reactions: BornHated, jar-baby and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
feel like it'd be interesting to add, "been in a relationship in the past" feel like a lot of the single woman probably been with some shitty dudes that used them in the past. Where as dudes who are single likely never had any attention from woman
Hmm yeah- someone suggested something similar earlier- perhaps another poll would be good- 'Who's been in a shitty relationship?' Actually- it's not just the women. I think some guys have had some awful experiences if memory serves me right. But yeah- I think that's a reason people are maybe staying single now.
Yes, so bizarre! It was kind of unpleasant to watch but then I couldn't stop thinking about it for days. I'm due for a re-watch.
Ha ha- I'm like you. I'm drawn to slightly disturbing films! Did you see 'The Killing of a Sacred Deer'? By the same director. That one looked a bit too disturbing for me! Have you seen 'The Machinist' (2004.) Or, 'Memento' (2000.) Two other good thriller mystery films.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: psp3000 and Bioforever12
Bioforever12

Bioforever12

Jul 25, 2023
Hmm yeah- someone suggested something similar earlier- perhaps another poll would be good- 'Who's been in a shitty relationship?' Actually- it's not just the women. I think some guys have had some awful experiences if memory serves me right. But yeah- I think that's a reason people are maybe staying single now.
True, I just feel like there might be a larger discrepancy there. As from my experience and online the general trend (not everybody) for why someone is single overall for each gender is very different. So would be interesting if my ideas would be right or wrong with the poll.

Reactions: Forever Sleep
J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
Very true- relationships themselves can be the reason people are here to begin with! Plus honestly- I truly pity people who have significant others but are battling with ideation.
yes, exactly. I have seen posts here both from people in abusive relationships, and people who are hesitant to ctb because of their partners.
rue- the statistics show men SUCCESSFULLY CTB more often in most countries (not all.) I have a feeling that statistically- more women are diagnosed with depression and ATTEMPT more than men though.
Statistics show that that is the case— it's because men tend to pick more violent methods, like firearms, that have higher success rates than what women might choose (wrist cutting, or ODing, perhaps).

I'm not too surprised at most of us here being single. It's also interesting to see the gender ratio.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
yes, exactly. I have seen posts here both from people in abusive relationships, and people who are hesitant to ctb because of their partners.

Statistics show that that is the case— it's because men tend to pick more violent methods, like firearms, that have higher success rates than what women might choose (wrist cutting, or ODing, perhaps).

I'm not too surprised at most of us here being single. It's also interesting to see the gender ratio.

Yeah- I expect most of us are single. Still- I know there are plenty of people here with partners too. I probably just didn't title the thread very well! It sounded more like it was directed at single people maybe... Wonder if I can change it now...

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
True, I just feel like there might be a larger discrepancy there. As from my experience and online the general trend (not everybody) for why someone is single overall for each gender is very different. So would be interesting if my ideas would be right or wrong with the poll.
I can see you've just joined- welcome by the way. Have you made your first thread yet? Anyone can post polls by the way but I'll start another poll if you like- to address this. Let me know. I'm just wary of starting up a battle of the sexes but, hopefully that won't happen! Plus, I don't want to leave out LGBT community. It's difficult to know what to put to include everyone.

Reactions: Bioforever12
LadyAlastor

LadyAlastor

Fading In And out losing time with the two I love.
Jan 13, 2020
  • Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: H.O.Xan and Chara
Bioforever12

Bioforever12

Jul 25, 2023
I can see you've just joined- welcome by the way. Have you made your first thread yet? Anyone can post polls by the way but I'll start another poll if you like- to address this. Let me know. I'm just wary of starting up a battle of the sexes but, hopefully that won't happen! Plus, I don't want to leave out LGBT community. It's difficult to know what to put to include everyone.
Thanks, and nah I haven't yet. I feel I need to it has to be well thought out before I make one to make one worthwhile. But yea it can be difficult to have this convo without having a pissing contest to see "who has it harder". Idk how i'd do it atm. Maybe say if your single looking for a woman or single looking for a man.

Chara

Chara

Severe pain? But no gain.
Jul 22, 2023
Ngl, at first I thought this guy commenting on most women are in relationships was just another "lonely dude vs women" moment, but I will admit I've seen a ton of posts with women in relationships. Not to say I haven't also seen a fair amount of single women posts or men in relationships either.

Overall, it's an interesting question! Relationships bring about a whole new wave of problems. I think it would also be interesting to see how many people here are single but have exes.
Friendly reminder that because of sexism, there are more men than women in other places. Do know that if mom wasn't sexist, she would 1. Love her only (would be one of [at least] three if she still wanted another son) daughter, and 2. Not have aborted the three little sisters that came before little brother.

But that's small scale. Let's think globally. Am not an expert to be perfectly clear. But am pretty sure stuff like China's one child policy and other garbage combined with sexism flat out completely skewed the population gender wise. Not positive on this, haven't done much research honestly. According to Wikipedia, there is an approximate one hundred one to one hundred male to female ratio globally. This means that for every one thousand women, there are one thousand and ten men. Assuming all the woman have one male partner, there are still ten men left partnerless. This of course, isn't taking into account LGBTQ relationships and so many other factors that skew the data. Not everyone wants to be in a relationship after all. And you see more men with multiple wives than you see women with multiple husbands as well in countries where poly marriages are legal.

Hey, here's an idea!!! Let girls marry multiple guys at once globally!!! /hj (really would solve plenty of problems, if men would accept that deal and stop being misogynistic jerks if you think about it.)

(AM COMPLETELY PRO CHOICE TO BE CLEAR; WOULD BE MUCH HAPPIER IF HAD BEEN ABORTED SO DON'T TRY AND USE THIS TO SUPPORT PRO FORCED BIRTHER GARBAGE THANK YOU VERY MUCH BEING BORN TO A FAMILY THAT DOESN'T LOVE YOU IS INFINITELY WORSE THAN NEVER BEING BORN AT ALL BECAUSE ONE HAS PAIN THE OTHER DOESN'T HAVE PAIN BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE TO EXIST)

Shouldn't have to say that but feel it's necessary to prevent certain individuals from twisting words up.

Sorry for the long rambling

Reactions: LoiteringClouds and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Thanks, and nah I haven't yet. I feel I need to it has to be well thought out before I make one to make one worthwhile. But yea it can be difficult to have this convo without having a pissing contest to see "who has it harder". Idk how i'd do it atm. Maybe say if your single looking for a woman or single looking for a man.
Yeah- it's a difficult one to phrase really- that's a good idea though- as in- which gender someone is seeking. What would we be trying to find out though? Whether it's previous bad experiences that are putting people off? Or- they can't find someone to begin with? Would it only be about single people, or, do we want people in relationships to chime in? Polls are so tricky! I guess it's kind of an either- 'What's keeping you single?' Poll or a 'Who's had a shitty relationship?' Poll. It's actually VERY tricky because I have a feeling- like you- it may be more men that have been abusive and I don't want it to turn into some man hating thread. If I'm honest- I'm not sure I want to start it!

I think another poll that would be interesting would be one in general concerning abuse. Maybe taking gender out of it and leaving it more open- it could easily be domestic abuse from parents also that has affected people. More of a- have you encountered abuse in your life- and has it affected your ability to trust? I guess that's an obvious answer though!

Bioforever12

Bioforever12

Jul 25, 2023
Yeah- it's a difficult one to phrase really- that's a good idea though- as in- which gender someone is seeking. What would we be trying to find out though? Whether it's previous bad experiences that are putting people off? Or- they can't find someone to begin with? Would it only be about single people, or, do we want people in relationships to chime in? Polls are so tricky! I guess it's kind of an either- 'What's keeping you single?' Poll or a 'Who's had a shitty relationship?' Poll. It's actually VERY tricky because I have a feeling- like you- it may be more men that have been abusive and I don't want it to turn into some man hating thread. If I'm honest- I'm not sure I want to start it!

I think another poll that would be interesting would be one in general concerning abuse. Maybe taking gender out of it and leaving it more open- it could easily be domestic abuse from parents also that has affected people. More of a- have you encountered abuse in your life- and has it affected your ability to trust? I guess that's an obvious answer though!
I was thinking with the "seeking women" or "seeking men" would be like 6 options, with like men in relationship, single who like men never been in a relationship, and like men been in a relationship before, then the opposite for woman. So I guess that would show if whether your looking for man is it much easier to have been in a relationship but maybe not to stay in one possibly due to them being abusive. But then again saying just because you've been in a relationship before but not now doesn't necessarily mean you were you in an abusive relationship so I guess you would have to add another two options lol.

But yea could be interesting to see if the people here are just single and have never been in a relationship, or been single in an abusive relationship before, single in a non-abusive relationship, or not single. Could see the reasonings for being single here, if its their own mental troubles or if they're inability to find someone or if they were abusive and possibly dont want to be in one.

• Hugs
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
Friendly reminder that because of sexism, there are more men than women in other places. Do know that if mom wasn't sexist, she would 1. Love her only (would be one of [at least] three if she still wanted another son) daughter, and 2. Not have aborted the three little sisters that came before little brother.

But that's small scale. Let's think globally. Am not an expert to be perfectly clear. But am pretty sure stuff like China's one child policy and other garbage combined with sexism flat out completely skewed the population gender wise. Not positive on this, haven't done much research honestly. According to Wikipedia, there is an approximate one hundred one to one hundred male to female ratio globally. This means that for every one thousand women, there are one thousand and ten men. Assuming all the woman have one male partner, there are still ten men left partnerless. This of course, isn't taking into account LGBTQ relationships and so many other factors that skew the data. Not everyone wants to be in a relationship after all. And you see more men with multiple wives than you see women with multiple husbands as well in countries where poly marriages are legal.

Hey, here's an idea!!! Let girls marry multiple guys at once globally!!! /hj (really would solve plenty of problems, if men would accept that deal and stop being misogynistic jerks if you think about it.)

(AM COMPLETELY PRO CHOICE TO BE CLEAR; WOULD BE MUCH HAPPIER IF HAD BEEN ABORTED SO DON'T TRY AND USE THIS TO SUPPORT PRO FORCED BIRTHER GARBAGE THANK YOU VERY MUCH BEING BORN TO A FAMILY THAT DOESN'T LOVE YOU IS INFINITELY WORSE THAN NEVER BEING BORN AT ALL BECAUSE ONE HAS PAIN THE OTHER DOESN'T HAVE PAIN BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE TO EXIST)

Shouldn't have to say that but feel it's necessary to prevent certain individuals from twisting words up.

Sorry for the long rambling
Hehe ya I am well aware there are more dudes than non-dudes. I def come off as biased against men(despite being male) because a close person to me(she was female) was raped and abused by another close friend of mine(he was male). After she died it has definitely warped my perception of men in general. I try to not prioritize or focus on this bias but Ik I can be a bit abrupt at times.

To be clear tho, that doesn't mean I hate all men or incels. Just that I'm more wary towards men cuz someone who I was sure wouldn't harm anyone was an abuser. One person obviously doesn't speak for an entire population, I just need to step back and remember that sometimes.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I was thinking with the "seeking women" or "seeking men" would be like 6 options, with like men in relationship, single who like men never been in a relationship, and like men been in a relationship before, then the opposite for woman. So I guess that would show if whether your looking for man is it much easier to have been in a relationship but maybe not to stay in one possibly due to them being abusive. But then again saying just because you've been in a relationship before but not now doesn't necessarily mean you were you in an abusive relationship so I guess you would have to add another two options lol.

But yea could be interesting to see if the people here are just single and have never been in a relationship, or been single in an abusive relationship before, single in a non-abusive relationship, or not single. Could see the reasonings for being single here, if its their own mental troubles or if they're inability to find someone or if they were abusive and possibly dont want to be in one.
Honestly, my heads in knots already! I'll tell you how to post and maybe- you take a look perhaps? It isn't actually difficult... Probably best to post in 'off-topic'. So- you'd head there first. Then- there's a 'post thread' option in a box underneath. You can add the thread title and class what type of thread it is- 'Discussion, Method, Help' etc. Then- at the top of the content box is the poll tab. I think you still need to enter some text in the content box but below is where the poll is- and it's really well labelled in terms of what to put in and how you want to allow people to vote. Sorry to chuck you in at the deep end but honestly- I'm a bit at a loss to know what to put! From a personal perspective- I've always been single, so, I suppose I'm not the most curious when it comes to actual relationships and breakdowns. Sorry, the more I think about it, the more I'm not sure what to put...

Bioforever12

Bioforever12

Jul 25, 2023
Honestly, my heads in knots already! I'll tell you how to post and maybe- you take a look perhaps? It isn't actually difficult... Probably best to post in 'off-topic'. So- you'd head there first. Then- there's a 'post thread' option in a box underneath. You can add the thread title and class what type of thread it is- 'Discussion, Method, Help' etc. Then- at the top of the content box is the poll tab. I think you still need to enter some text in the content box but below is where the poll is- and it's really well labelled in terms of what to put in and how you want to allow people to vote. Sorry to chuck you in at the deep end but honestly- I'm a bit at a loss to know what to put! From a personal perspective- I've always been single, so, I suppose I'm not the most curious when it comes to actual relationships and breakdowns. Sorry, the more I think about it, the more I'm not sure what to put...
all good, it was just a thought. I've pretty much been single most my life with me hanging out with girls so only had relationships in my head like a schizo lol. Only been someone physical with one girl and later she said she we weren't even dating so she seemed to have been leading me on. If I have the energy to know how to do it right it out i'll try it.

• Hugs
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
all good, it was just a thought. I've pretty much been single most my life with me hanging out with girls so only had relationships in my head like a schizo lol. Only been someone physical with one girl and later she said she we weren't even dating so she seemed to have been leading me on. If I have the energy to know how to do it right it out i'll try it.
I'm sorry- she sounded horrible! Not the best start. Hmmm- yeah- relationships in the mind sound VERY familiar- I've had WAY too many of them. I feel sure I suffer[ed] from limerance- crazy obsessive crushes on people. So- I guess that's maybe another option for the poll! Have too many unrequited love fixations put people off? I'm hoping I've learnt my lesson there...

• Hugs
Chara

Chara

Jul 22, 2023
Hehe ya I am well aware there are more dudes than non-dudes. I def come off as biased against men(despite being male) because a close person to me(she was female) was raped and abused by another close friend of mine(he was male). After she died it has definitely warped my perception of men in general. I try to not prioritize or focus on this bias but Ik I can be a bit abrupt at times.

To be clear tho, that doesn't mean I hate all men or incels. Just that I'm more wary towards men cuz someone who I was sure wouldn't harm anyone was an abuser. One person obviously doesn't speak for an entire population, I just need to step back and remember that sometimes.
Think maybe you meant to reply to someone else?

Was just trying to explain logically why there are more single men than women; poly relationships being more acceptable and or legal when centered around a man instead of a woman, more men than women on this planet, plenty of women happily single, etc. Not going to touch lgbtq statistics because too many men are afraid to date transwomen, and transmen exist, and have no clue what the statistics for single gay men/women would be, or bi people in general, etc. And there's so many other factors. Especially from culture to culture, and person to person. Some cultures have very strict rules about dating. Plenty of guys who claim they want relationships set unattainable standards, and are garbage human beings. Don't forget racial preferences! Yada Yada Yada. The list goes on and on. Long story short, the patriarchy sets EVERYONE up for failure in a verity of ways, and even in the "good old days" there were plenty of men who wouldn't be able to find a partner. You just don't hear about them. Much like you don't hear about the millions of other problems.

voc_89

voc_89

Experienced
Apr 10, 2023
Ion get why most women r hardwired to jump to wanting kids. Like it's rare to see women who just want the relationship, the high life, the sex
its nature. We meant to procreate. And when a certain age reaches the drive to do so significantly increases. So about late 20s you get alot of prospects (especially if you appear to have it together :nomouth: )

• Yay!
Reactions: Forever Sleep and H.O.Xan
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
Think maybe you meant to reply to someone else?

Was just trying to explain logically why there are more single men than women; poly relationships being more acceptable and or legal when centered around a man instead of a woman, more men than women on this planet, plenty of women happily single, etc. Not going to touch lgbtq statistics because too many men are afraid to date transwomen, and transmen exist, and have no clue what the statistics for single gay men/women would be, or bi people in general, etc. And there's so many other factors. Especially from culture to culture, and person to person. Some cultures have very strict rules about dating. Plenty of guys who claim they want relationships set unattainable standards, and are garbage human beings. Don't forget racial preferences! Yada Yada Yada. The list goes on and on. Long story short, the patriarchy sets EVERYONE up for failure in a verity of ways, and even in the "good old days" there were plenty of men who wouldn't be able to find a partner. You just don't hear about them. Much like you don't hear about the millions of other problems.
Right person wrong interpretation. Was making the assumption that you making a judgement against my statement about "'Lonely men vs women' moment". My bad just misinterpreted what you were saying.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and Chara
Chara

Chara

Jul 22, 2023
Right person wrong interpretation. Was making the assumption that you making a judgement against my statement about "'Lonely men vs women' moment". My bad just misinterpreted what you were saying.
All good!

• Yay!
Reactions: Forever Sleep and Holu
Arachnid_Antichrist

Arachnid_Antichrist

Probably a Philosophical Eldritch Being
Jul 2, 2023
I'm single for one (or all) of three reasons
1. I'm fat
2. I'm ugly
3. People don't see me as a real man

• Aww..
F

fedupwithlife

Student
Jul 28, 2023
I'm and I don't think this will ever change

• Hugs
SmoolPepe

SmoolPepe

May 30, 2023
I`d just like to point out usually it is often the case or it is more likely, that between single males and females, the males are not single by choice as it has been made for them while the females are single by choice (whether that choice is they prefer being single or have certain standards they deem non-negotiable, etc)
The outcome is clearly the same, but for entirely different reasons.
:halo:

• Hugs