Do you think that recovery is possible for you? Do you want to recover or just to die already?

• I think that recovery is possible and I want it.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • I think that recovery is possible, but I don' want it.

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • I don't think that recovery is possible, but I wish I could recover.

Votes: 44 36.7%
  • I don't think that recovery is possible and I don't want it.

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 21 17.5%
  • Whatever

Votes: 7 5.8%

• Total voters
P

PrisonBreak

Student
Oct 29, 2021
Unfortunately, no one can cure my chronic severe tinnitus and my other mental illnesses/issues. CTB is the only way to escape this torment. šŸ˜¢

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest and Circles
Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
I think at best it's a temporary recovery (that could last years) and this applies to normies with their relatively trivial problems too.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles
Hell-On-Earth

Hell-On-Earth

Born to suffer
Apr 22, 2022
The truth is I don't know as I haven't given it a full shot yet. I'm a pessimist by nature so my usual line of thinking is that I'll never be able to recover from my thoughts, but thinking objectively it may be possible if I change my habits and find the right doctor. When I first became suicidal I found it difficult to get help so I turned to drugs, I'm finally getting clean and I have an appointment with a doctor tomorrow who can hopefully taper me off my insane dose of diazepam. What scares me is that I wasn't happy before drugs, so how could I possibly be happy once I'm clean again?

I've just got to keep taking baby steps. Taper off diazepam under the supervision of a doctor, start meeting my old friends again and start leaving my comfort zone. I've started taking walks which help, prior to a few weeks back I hadn't left the house in months. It got to the point where I was even afraid of just going to the park but I no longer feel that fear anymore. I still have terrible social phobia so once again I'm going to have to leave my comfort zone and start meeting up with people again. I absolutely need professional help for my problems though, I just really hope I can find the right physiatrist to help me out.

So yeah in summary I've got no idea if recovery is possible, but I'm going to try it anyway. Maybe it's just one of my more positive mood swings but there's no harm in trying, and CTB can wait a bit.

• Hugs
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you šŸ•Æļø Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I think I can recover. I want to. But bpd...

• Hugs
Reactions: clown_17 and Circles
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
If recovery means being able to do basic things then yes. But even then, I still wouldn't want to recover, days feel too repetitive. Even looking at the so called happy people, I would feel so empty in their shoes. It feels so hollow to me, almost fake.

• Hugs
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Don't want to recover because I know it would just prolong my suffering and I would be fighting a losing battle. I just want to go back to the void.

• Hugs
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
I just don't know anymore. As much as I'm trying with recovery my heart and mind is still telling me that no matter what my life will end with suicide. I wish things were different and I could believe in hope.

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Cosmic dust

Cosmic dust

Among the stars
Feb 28, 2022
I had hope for a long time. I did try and fail and try again.
But I've only now realized what everyone else probably already knew. I'm a weird person who makes other people uncomfortable. And no amount of willpower is ever going to change that. And no amount of effort is ever going to make another person love me.
The only people that want to be around me want something.
It would take a miracle to make my life worth living now.
And stupid me, I'm still hoping for a miracle even as I'm preparing for death.
Maybe not willpower, but experience. Everyone is always changing. Unless you have some uncurable injury or mental ilness that bothers people, its not totally impossible.

clown_17

clown_17

Almost gone, it almost worked
Oct 24, 2020
I try to recover. I put in so much work. But I never get results. I don't think it's possible for me, I'm just not that lucky of a person. My thought patterns are too deeply engraved on my brain. I've been ill since I was young and so my brains just developed wrong.

L

Lone Wanderer

Student
Jul 28, 2022
Recovery is 100% possible for everyone. But it's your choice to stay or go as you please.

Cosmic dust

Cosmic dust

Among the stars
Feb 28, 2022
Recovery is 100% possible for everyone. But it's your choice to stay or go as you please.
That is just wishful thinking.

We don't have power over many factors that affects us. To illustrate, imagine a chronic illness like some users reported, you can't simple cure it with willpower, positive thinking and hard work. "Oh, but the person could learn to live and be happy even with some illness". Maybe, maybe not, humans are biological creatures with specific needs and limits. Chronic illness is just the more evident example, there are so many others, more subtle things, in society, in the universe, in our bodies, that we have no control over and that have the power the shape our lives, be it alone or together with other things.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lone Wanderer
L

Lone Wanderer

Student
Jul 28, 2022
That is just wishful thinking.

We don't have power over many factors that affects us. To ilustrate, imagine a chronic ilness like some users reported, you can't simple cure it with willpower, positive thinking and hard work. "Oh, but the person could learn to live and be happy even with some ilness". Maybe, maybe not, humans are biological creatures with especific needs and limits. Chronic ilness is just the more evident example, there are so many others, more subtle things, in society, in the universe, in our bodies, that we have control over and that have the power the shape our lives, be it alone or together with other things.
I was referring to suicidal intentions. But any other illness chances of recovery is a mystery.

Cosmic dust

Cosmic dust

Among the stars
Feb 28, 2022
I was referring to suicidal intentions. But any other illness chances of recovery is a mystery.
But suicidal ideation is a logical result of someones condition, context, life experiences past and present. If a suicidal person can't change certain things, she may be unable to not wish to die.

• Love
Reactions: Lone Wanderer
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I haven't really tried. Some deep part of me doesn't want to get better but I hope that part of me disappears soon.

Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
I'm starting to doubt whether recovery is really possible for me. I have been pretty assertive and tenacious in my efforts to fix my health problems but somehow it just isn't enough. I think suicide is very possibly the only way to end my suffering compassionately. It would be nice if that weren't the case, but as we all know... life isn't fair.