• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

have you had okay life?

• yes

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • no

Votes: 15 39.5%

• Total voters
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
^

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Not me. I never had an okay life to begin with

Reactions: sserafim, Praestat_Mori, _Minsk and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
My life has actually always been relatively okay. Even now with my constant anxiety and depression and traumatic experiences, none of those are as severe as they could be and so many people who have had it so much worse could probably have made a real fine existence with the opportunities I've had. I realize my mind just isn't built for the few drawbacks I've received to the point where all of the things that make me lucky aren't enough to cancel out the tiny struggles I've faced. All of my "downhill" events were relationship related and everyone knows that stronger people could have simply picked themselves up and moved on and I can't, which makes me defective and selfish.

Even the extent to which I hate myself is preventable. I hate that asshole (me) because at any moment he literally could decide to end this internal war we've been having but neither of us want to out of spite. Only a romantic relationship would be enough to call a truce and we both know we aren't going to get one nor do we deserve one.

• Hugs
Reactions: wheredidigo, Praestat_Mori and _Minsk
Z

Zaphkiel

IDK
May 13, 2023
Tough question.

I thought i had a good life before ending ultimatly here, but in retrospect i think i always had a shitty one. It's just that everything else than the present seems more flowery.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Praestat_Mori and _Minsk
11April

11April

11.04.2015 ❤️
Jan 9, 2023
Yes, I had a happy life. This is one of the reasons why it is difficult for me to give up on life now - I know what happiness is. It was short-lived, much shorter than the torment that followed. But it was still worth it.

Reactions: _Minsk, divinemistress36, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
rotciv

rotciv

Something In The Way
Mar 25, 2023
Yes, I had a happy life. This is one of the reasons why it is difficult for me to give up on life now - I know what happiness is. It was short-lived, much shorter than the torment that followed. But it was still worth it.

I really feel that, it's really difficult to give up now after all, it's mentally torturous

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, 11April and Praestat_Mori
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Warlock
Apr 15, 2024
I feel the opposite. The good is not worth it compared to the torment.

• Aww..
Reactions: WearyWanderer, sserafim, 11April and 4 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
From today's point of view I had an "ok life" for over 40 years - a life that was good with the avg ups and downs we all have to deal with. It went downhill in the past years not bc of health issues but materialistic stuff (money).

• Aww..
Reactions: rotciv, divinemistress36, L0neW0lf and 1 other person
11April

11April

11.04.2015 ❤️
Jan 9, 2023
I feel the opposite. The good is not worth it compared to the torment.
I'm sorry this happened to you.
Essentially, the meaning of life is to experience as much happiness and as little pain as possible.

Reactions: _Minsk, Praestat_Mori, rotciv and 1 other person
kindalone

kindalone

Student
Mar 1, 2023
I don't know. It felt okay. But looking back at it, I think I was just less damaged than I am now. I've been in this for too long. Too fragile to continue.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
L

lebrodude

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2022
My life was good, I mean underwhelming in a way that I never lived up to my potential but I was happy enough.

Then tinnitus entered my life.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
W

wheredidigo

Mar 26, 2024
My life has actually always been relatively okay. Even now with my constant anxiety and depression and traumatic experiences, none of those are as severe as they could be and so many people who have had it so much worse could probably have made a real fine existence with the opportunities I've had. I realize my mind just isn't built for the few drawbacks I've received to the point where all of the things that make me lucky aren't enough to cancel out the tiny struggles I've faced. All of my "downhill" events were relationship related and everyone knows that stronger people could have simply picked themselves up and moved on and I can't, which makes me defective and selfish.

Even the extent to which I hate myself is preventable. I hate that asshole (me) because at any moment he literally could decide to end this internal war we've been having but neither of us want to out of spite. Only a romantic relationship would be enough to call a truce and we both know we aren't going to get one nor do we deserve one.
Sorry you feel like this. I sympathise with the internal struggle. Sounds quite similar to how I feel about myself. Being your own worst enemy when having set-backs in life is hard

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and Praestat_Mori
R

Rubypie41

Experienced
Mar 25, 2024
Yes, prior to my physical conditions I'd say I had a good life. Yes I had the usual ups and downs but on the whole things were good and I was always full of optimism about the future. Sure, there are things I could have done better, mistakes made, but there were plenty of good times. Life is a journey and a learning curve, so I'm sure everyone, even those who would say have had a fantastic life have also made mistakes and had their ups and downs throughout. I actually want to live now more than ever if only my physical conditions could be resolved. Going to such dark places really makes you reflect on life and put things into perspective. The things that I now realise matter the most are having a healthy body/mind, being in the present, doing the things that make you happy and not caring what others think, building and maintaining relationships/friendships, seeing your family on a regular basis and not letting the little things that are quite frankly not that important bother you or bring you down. I spent many years trying to make myself happy, that it's easy to get consumed in yourself and lose sight of the things around you. I always felt like I was in a rush to get things done, whereas now I'm practically housebound that manic rushing around feeling has gone and I can actually see clearly now that there was no need to be rushing about so much. We sometimes need to slow down, breathe, be present in the moments, take things in, appreciate the little things in life and most importantly we need to be there for one another, bond, do things for other people, not put people down. God I wish my physical conditions could be resolved. I was happy at times before but I know how much happier I could be knowing what I know now.

Reactions: wheredidigo
W

wheredidigo

Mar 26, 2024
Despite being so lucky to have had a better deal in life than so many hear, and my heart goes out to you. In the past I've had bouts of depression I'd say I'd mostly had a good life, I hit a few hard times (got cheated on and divorced, made redundant, had to sell house which was my own fault as I stupidly got addicted to online gambling, BDD, financial worries) but felt I'd recovered again and turned a corner in 2021. Until last year, when depression returned and I couldn't recover in time to save a romantic relationship which meant everything to me. I'm 44F, now living back in another city with my parents (who I'm lucky to have as they have always unconditionally support me) had so much time off on sick leave and I'm lucky to still have a chance to go back to work, but it's still so hard to stop suicidal thoughts, despite therapy and knowing I'm loved by family and a few good friends