• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
I've been suicidal throughout my life but 5 months ago I was suicidal in a way I've never been before - I was very rational, calm, calculated. My psychologist was worried and said I could be feeling this way due to a chemical imbalance as things around me weren't so horrible for me to want to ctb.

5 months after starting psychiatric medication, I am no longer suicidal. I'm not cured, far from it, I even developed psychotic symptoms during this time, but the suicidal ideation is pretty much gone.

This made me think: how many of you could be suicidal due to a chemical imbalance?

restless.dreams

restless.dreams

Member (she/her)
Feb 7, 2024
I know my brain chemistry is a major factor, but I have not found a medication that has helped me after years of trying. I wish there was a simple fix, but unfortunately that's not the case for everyone.

m4rius

m4rius

Dec 23, 2022
Yep. I'm an unstable perfectionist and I have little reason to be. I can hardly be grateful enough for some of the things I have to stop these feelings, the moment my ignorance is shattered I enter a pit of doom. My thinking is very extreme, but I'm not insane yet. I have to have a lot of things in my life to go the way I want it in order to make life tolerable. It's almost an impossible task. I really hate people for the way they are and I hate myself as a result.

I think some people can be genetically predisposed to be neurotic and sensitive that can eventually lead to suicidal ideation. For example, I'm sure there's poor mental health genes that get triggered depending on their childhood environment or genes that completely shit on brains despite an adequate childhood environment. (rarer)

I just wanna be fearless and get a feeling of normalcy, and then go beyond that too for fun so there's more freedom to my emotions than the same constant garbage being cycled in my brain that is anxiety and neuroticism, all without my control which is so laughable, I mean how can anyone disagree with their own brain? That should almost never happen on this serious level and yet people go through their lives never knowing or not knowing how to fix their dysfunctional brains. Fearlessness is the best dysfunction by far. I mention fearlessness cause I think it adds to the point of how much your brain is a mechanical joke, it's not entirely mechanical obviously but for example: remove a particular part of your brain and your symptoms of trauma are likely to disappear after a year. Poof.

Last edited:
LuvMeMusic

LuvMeMusic

Student
Jan 24, 2024
I was very rational, calm, calculated.
It's the same for me atm, but I doubt because of a chemical imbalance or anything. I think (more like hope) it's just the way I am. Then again, even if this was caused by something (which is honestly quite unlikely), I personally wouldn't see a reason to change that.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
Yes definitely but I never found any meds or any treatment to help it

• Hugs
Reactions: ForgottenAgain
ResidentEvil

ResidentEvil

Student
Mar 2, 2024
Same here. I have also tried almost anything you can think of. So it's not the lack of trying. I am just wired this way i am afraid.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
It's a lot more complicated than that I feel for myself. Pills don't work so that doesn't help, but even if some magic people did take away my depression it would be a massive struggle.

This is often why alcoholics and other addicts get worse mentally when they stop, they are left with a mind but nothing to numb the pain.

We need a two pronged approach for recovery, medicine to rebalance the brain and a solid action plan to resolve world based problems.

I don't think medicine is coming to help me anytime soon. Governments don't care if people kill themselves and pharmaceutical companies want life long customers, not cured people.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I don't know enough about autism to determine whether it's a chemical imbalance or not but, regardless, it is a change of neurotype and it has caused me to be suicidal. Without autism, I probably would have made friends, would have found a reason to struggle through life, would have coped with life well as a whole, would have bothered exploring interests during my childhood and so forth. I don't think I would be craving permanent non existence so much if it wasn't for autism