Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
I used to have severe anxiety before, socially especially, so I know the hell y'all is going through all too well. It's extremely lonely and torturous. I got out of that darkness thankfully, although I can still be self-concious at times. I still feel like a loser by any means. I'm just not that afraid of social settings anymore, thankfully. I wouldn't wish that upon anyone.

Reactions: Aloneandinpain
A

Aloneandinpain

Student
Dec 25, 2023
I struggle a bit but it's more of a desire for silence and only moderate social awkwardness, I can talk to people ok much if the time.

I've never managed to have a romantic relationship, but that's as much down to being isolated and of average attractiveness as much as it is down to being awkward.

pandorasactor

pandorasactor

Sep 23, 2024
I don't like how people/media portray being socially anxious as being quirky, or having awkward conversations, or just quiet.

It's avoidance of social settings and it's debilitating. I avoid people and a part of that is I don't trust many. I have been with "friends" that use me a scapegoat for teasing or comedic relief, and experienced bullying which left me distrusting of people. Self isolating and away from people is better than the above.