• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

I

itsallover

Arcanist
Jun 29, 2018
I have been chronically sick for almost five years and am now on medication long term to clear up a recurrent infection in my body that causes many uncomfortable and painful symptoms. I survived one suicide attempt which was a few months after joining here a couple of years ago but seem to keep coming back to this site for the support because a lot of people don't understand. My recovery is that I have seen some improvements in my health like less pain in certain areas or at least less that what it used to be. These last five years have driven me nearly halfway insane and I wanted to know how long would you guys try to get your health back before saying enough?

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Depends on what method I have. Also would depend on the amount of pain and if my ability to ctb was likely to be diminished with time.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'd say I'm willing to put in about another year to see if any miracles happen for me but I've made it very clear that I will only reconsider if these miracles happen.

Reactions: MrBlue
dandan

dandan

One more attempt on life.
Feb 18, 2019
I dunno, I've been struggling 21 years now.
Last year and a half has been cool , compared to the other 19+

But I never had pain , just mental pain.
Physical pain and I did surley had quitted, I have 3 failed attempts, or two, 1 I can't remember if it was intentional or not.

I am using steroids as a mean to recovery.
Testosterone and Dianabol.
Plus mind tricks and I'm the master of my own life type of thinking.

muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I'm not sure. I feel I've been fighting for my life fairly consistently for 24 years. Even whilst being a member of this forum, I have (and currently am) channeled a lot of energy into trying to recover. It's a very slow, often agonizing, non-linear uphill battle, though.

Regardless of your circumstances, I believe that if the desire is still present to keep fighting, then it's worth giving life another shot. You never know where it might lead you.

Reactions: Sensei
Y

yeahwellso

Student
Dec 5, 2020

How long would you fight for your life before eventually giving up?​

I suppose I should figure that out, because without either a "why" or a "how long", there's not much to go on. With at least a "how long", maybe I can buy myself a certain period of time without rumination. But I doubt I can will that. And I doubt I can be helped to will that.

The problem, for 20 years or so, has been the "why". I am physically healthy and not in any physical pain. But my inability to reconcile with life has, like for so many, steadily and incrementally worsened my ability to craft a life I deign worth reconciling with.

All in all, I don't find life to be worth living. And as I fall ever more behind, I get more and more good reasons to feel that way.

Reactions: Nicothe13th
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Simple, if the recovery length is uncertain or nil, then I'll just opt for a quick death. I'm not gonna bother waiting for the what ifs because that just prolongs life.

N

Nicothe13th

Student
Jan 6, 2021
Yeah I've ran out of what ifs now, it's just hopeless optimism.

"Ooh, my smile was taken long ago
If I can change I hope I never know." - Snuff, Slipknot
I have been chronically sick for almost five years and am now on medication long term to clear up a recurrent infection in my body that causes many uncomfortable and painful symptoms. I survived one suicide attempt which was a few months after joining here a couple of years ago but seem to keep coming back to this site for the support because a lot of people don't understand. My recovery is that I have seen some improvements in my health like less pain in certain areas or at least less that what it used to be. These last five years have driven me nearly halfway insane and I wanted to know how long would you guys try to get your health back before saying enough?

All depends on your situation, if things are in your control, keep fighting.

If not, well, for me atleast I'd rather get the shit over with.

Last edited: