Tionally

Tionally

bored
Jul 5, 2023
I was thinking about mixing SN in water bottles at home and then taking it to the place I would choose to ctb. How long can SN be mixed with water before it loses its potency? I know it can't be exposed to air but would a couple hours in water be fine?

sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
For the "it can't be exposed to air". Does anyone know how this part works? Because if we were to test the SN for purity, that means it will be exposed to air, since we'll need to open the lid of the container that the SN is in, in order to access it

Very brief moments of it being exposed is fine, right? And how long until it expires or turns to nitrate if placed in storage?

Last edited:
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
Yess as far as I know! Quick as possible. And best stored away from humid and sunlight.

Reactions: sanction
D

Deleted member 65988

For the "it can't be exposed to air". Does anyone know how this part works? Because if we were to test the SN for purity, that means it will be exposed to air, since we'll need to open the lid of the container that the SN is in, in order to access it

Very brief moments of it being exposed is fine, right? And how long until it expires or turns to nitrate if placed in storage?
Ah, I knew this would eventually turn up again.

Read my comment. We really need to get a hold on this exposure to air misinformation thing, it's creates a lot of confusion, causing people to get scared over the tiniest exposure of air to their SN. It's really not that sensitive of a chemical otherwise analytical work for what it is its intended purpose just wouldn't be possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sanction and gbi2
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
There won't anything happen to an SN solution for many hours but imo it's easier to prepare 3-4 25g portions of SN then go to the destination and dissolve it there each in 50 ml water.

Reactions: gbi2