Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i think ww3 is inevitable that it will happen within the next 10 years

since china has stated it will take taiwan peacefully or with force, taiwan has stated it will not back down on its sovereignty or compromise on freedom and democracy.

if WW3 does break out might because of the war in Ukraine

do you think if ww3 breakout it would go nuclear

i hope this whole planet gets nucked

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
we've let this evil military machine take control over the whole planet this evil machine

Reactions: Homo erectus, GasMonkey and juliano2001
juliano2001

juliano2001

sad
Feb 19, 2023
Oh yeah I agree, high likelihood it's coming soon, probably within the next 10 years. Mostly because of the China-Taiwan conflict & the fact that the US claim they will defend Taiwan against any form of aggression from China. Not sure I 100% believe it, but if that is the case, then it will guaranteed start WW3 with the US and their allies on one side and China and it's allies on the other.

Reactions: Homo erectus, GasMonkey and Darkover
Unsure and Useless

Unsure and Useless

Drifting Aimlessly without Roots
Feb 7, 2023
I'm guessing WW3 could start in about 15 years? Although, I think a civil war would break out in certain nations sooner than an actual World War.

Already, we can see the tension between classes is starting to reach its breaking point as the powerless is becoming fed up with the exploitation and antics of the powerful. There's also the polarization of politics that's becoming an increasing issue.

do you think if ww3 breakout it would go nuclear
Most likely not, it'd be Mutually Assured Destruction if that were the case. Theres no benefit to winning a war if there will be no chance of living after it.

Even if the powerful does possess bunkers that would protect them, they'd be reduced to powerless people once the people that provided them that strength in the first place are wiped out, which is something I don't think they'd want.

i hope this whole planet gets nucked
If that were to happen, I hope I'm dead by then or died a swift death due to being in close proximity to a nuclear bomb.

Reactions: Homo erectus and juliano2001
S

Someonewhotypes

Feb 15, 2021
idk but dying of radiation poisoning is extremely awful.

Reactions: Homo erectus
QueerMelancholy

QueerMelancholy

Mage
Jul 29, 2023
I honestly don't think China will risk starting WW3 with climate change speeding up like it is. Ice caps and permafrost are melting and that means a lot of methane will be released in the atmosphere. If I remember correctly methane doesn't last very long in the atmosphere but when it gets there shit is going to get crazy. Colder winters, hotter summers.

There's going to be famine long before there is war.

If famine gets bad enough it will affect China too and if half a billion people in Asia are starving I think China is going to have more to worry about keeping its people from overthrowing its government than causing a world war.

Scientists are also warning about underwater currents collapsing.

"A new study published Tuesday in the journal Nature, found that the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Current – of which the Gulf Stream is a part – could collapse around the middle of the century, or even as early as 2025."

Last edited:
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
THi is a good question- we've been to brink of WW3 many times, starting in the 1960s, but people have always backed down. A nuclear war might be started by China or Russia, but I don't think that's the biggest risk. I think if someone like the leader of North Korea gets a missle that could land anywhere in the u.s., that could be the biggest risk. If he gets this capability he will likely use it, and no one can reliably shoot down missiles like this. It's anybody's gess when something like this might happen- it could be within ten years, it might take 50 or 100. But it seems very unlikely to me that huamns can continue without something catastrophic like this for another thousand years- that seems so unlikely to me. Even making it to a hundred years longer seems really in doubt.

Touhou

Touhou

2hu
Mar 9, 2023
It may or may not start within the next 20 years, but I seriously doubt it'll be nuclear. Instead, I think it'll end up a stalemate around when CSTO (Russia's version of NATO, basically) reaches Warsaw or NATO reaches Volgograd. We're too scared to use nukes because of MAD.

J

James34

Jun 3, 2023
I honestly don't think the elites will allow WW3 to happen. I agree with @Unsure and Useless that Civil War 2 Electric Boogaloo will happen long before WW3 does (if ever). Besides, unlike with WW3, there are many online resources that tell random people how to sabotage cities and the power grid. It is way more likely for disgruntled citizens to destroy the countries they live in rather than politicians in foreign countries.