• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

NotEnoughIncentive

NotEnoughIncentive

☆⌒(>。<)
Sep 8, 2020
Question: when fail to die with partial hanging, due to SI or whatever else, how long does the redness on neck stay around?

From strangling myself as self harm, and then actually practicing partial and compressing the artery and starting to feel weak (but stood up before passing out), the mark disappears in several hours. I put a cut out shirt fabric between my neck and the rope. Is it the same for an actual partial attempt?

Background:
I need to know if it's safe to try again one more time before I go to my suffering place. I wanna gamble it because I'm desperate. If I really die then all is well, if not, then does the mark disappear fast enough for my family to not notice?

I give up killing myself with SN now, not due to anything wrong with it, but due to my inability to swallow such a thing properly.
Now I wanna go partial, since it's the only other available method in the place where I will suffer even more. Or jumping (from 17th floor) before I go to that place, if suddenly I'm brave enough to do that.

NotEnoughIncentive

NotEnoughIncentive

☆⌒(>。<)
Sep 8, 2020
How long marks stay for varies on so many things it's not worth anyone giving an answer you can trust. The only thing I can suggest (if you're not already) is to use a robe tie or scarf as the ligature and then I suppose you could continue with your padding underneath like you'd been doing. Of you struggle with partial hanging due to SI then jumping isn't likely either.
Thanks. I guess it'll be the same for my body with the previous trials. I did try again, it disappears fairly enough in an hour.
No SI problem to go through with hanging, but had to stand up again when it got too painful and evidently I wasn't slipping away.
Will try to go upstairs now, if I can jump, then great, if not, then suffering in life is my punishment for not being brave enough.

cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Eternal Spirit Experiencing a Human Moment
Dec 23, 2023
There is a post on this site about the "night night" method.

Basically, you could ball up some socks and put them on either side of your throat to close off the arteries. If you have a towel or another thick fabric to wrap before the rope it won't leave marks until you're already gone.

Reactions: NotEnoughIncentive