• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
It's VERY weird, when most of social media and forums end up getting on one of political extremes, or VERY divided by political views, it's weird to see a forum where politics take such a background place. It's pretty strange. Take Tik Tok, most of it gets very divided by political views, and people with different views barely interact.

I think:
The forum is too small to get divided, so interaction becomes inevitable
People in the forum dgaf about politics, which makes sense
I haven't experienced the division if it already exists

What do u think?

Last edited:
W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
I think too that the size of the forum plays a part in that, it's more manageable to monitor it and intervene when rules are broken. On other platforms there are billions of daily posts so a lot of things can go under the radar

illvoid

illvoid

he/it
Aug 11, 2022
Not entirely sure, but I know it's basically the only place online where I don't care what someone's world view is. One of the few places I can look past it. We just have a different sense of community from other online spaces.

xoirse

xoirse

caffeine overdose
Feb 15, 2024
no matter what your views are on politics, philosophy, religion etc, we all have that one specific goal which is to basically die. our desire to ctb is stronger probably because some of the reason we want to ctb is how fucked this world is due to politics and no matter how hard we try, the system wouldn't change.

surroundedbydemons

surroundedbydemons

Experienced
Mar 6, 2024
I saw a few threads here that spiraled into political discussions.

I suspect it is not that common because:
There is a separate block for political threads.
Not that many people here care about politics, as you said.
People here are less impulsive and do not get triggered by political (in)correctness.
Not that many people here care about their internet points, so do not voice their political opinions. In TikTok, you have an opportunity to monetize what you say.

Although the division here exists, it is just not related to politics.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I didn't really notice this until now surprisingly. The only times where I've seen people argue with each other on here is on some of FC's threads. It seems like FC causes most of the polarisation between the users on here.

Perhaps people for the most part here are very similar in how they think. Of course there are exceptions though as stated in my previous paragraph

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Because we all want to die lol. Maybe nothing matters in death

Yeah- I feel like it's mainly this.

I'm not sure many of us have that much faith in any political party- that they would make life so much better. There are some here with political biases but I get the impression most of us think we're goung to hell in a hand basket regardless- no matter who's in charge. I feel like we all belong to the: 'We're f*cked' party.'

I think suicidal people are often cynical so- even people or parties that they do believe in more- I think most will still have certain doubts about them.

Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
Lot of people here seem more willing to espouse racist takes [before a mod shuts it down] and I see a lot of anti-Trump users as well. It might not be an outspoken thing on the website but there is a primary demographic outside of us all wanting to kill ourselves.

Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
I think the population that is drawn here is similar to the general population, which is more or less moderate. Nihilists also far exceed non-nihilists. I personally care but more because I find politics fascinating. Creating a better society can also be a form of higher purpose for anyone of any political belief.

Most people I've seen here who disagree about the state of politics do so cordially, like talking with a good friend at a fast food place who disagrees about political events. Like a good friend, users care about other users as people. They may see them as misguided, (sometimes severely) but they know the other person is feeling pretty terrible and will have more sympathy for them as a person.

Idk maybe its just the nihilism though lol

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
soulkitty

soulkitty

Just a shell of who I once was.
Apr 6, 2024
I don't know why, but I've always felt so safe on this forum. It's a home for the discarded, the abused, the exhausted, the hurt. I view it as a family in a lot of ways and I carry a lot of sentimental value for this place. I hope it never goes away

• Hugs
Reactions: Tobacco and Dliena
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
It might not be an outspoken thing on the website but there is a primary demographic outside of us all wanting to kill ourselves.
Wdym? What is it

xinino

xinino

I love to be sick
Mar 31, 2024
I think it is a matter of responsibility. There are people who see the world beyond themselves, and there are people who don't. There are always two sides.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
It's maybe "radicalised" in the sense that there are certain demographics that are more prevalent than others (college age and transpeople being two). But it's also true that suffering knows no politics. Caring about things like that is a luxury when you think about it. If you're going through hell because you're in pain, or hopelessly alone, or majorly dysphoric or whatever else, you're not going to be terribly concerned with the finer points of society - or even want to self-identify with something so polarizing in a situation where you're yearning for peace and acceptance.

Perhaps it's fair to say the forum as a whole is more left leaning, which makes sense when there are many people dealing with issues regarding their own identity, and acceptance of euthanasia is typically a more liberal thing, but I for one think it's nice that we can leave the political extremism at the door.

xinino

xinino

I love to be sick
Mar 31, 2024
no matter what your views are on politics, philosophy, religion etc, we all have that one specific goal which is to basically die. our desire to ctb is stronger probably because some of the reason we want to ctb is how fucked this world is due to politics and no matter how hard we try, the system wouldn't change.
It is not an excuse, I know suicidal extremists who contributed to their ideology. I think the only acceptable excuses are (ldc, I don't take responsibility, I don't have the intellectual capabilities, I am unable to tangibly support my ideology) and it is so stupid to think that the system won't change "for every beginning there is an end" the system will change by itself according to the emerging ideologies "but ideology needs support "people" to survive"
Lot of people here seem more willing to espouse racist takes [before a mod shuts it down] and I see a lot of anti-Trump users as well. It might not be an outspoken thing on the website but there is a primary demographic outside of us all wanting to kill ourselves.
Yeah, you are right.

Last edited: