maka

maka

this is for you, mi cuervito 𓇢𓆸
Apr 23, 2019
Hello all. I'm currently thinking of hanging myself at home, but the shower rod is flimsy and the one in the closet is broken. I initially thought about doing it at a hotel but saw something hear about using your bedroom door.

I'm stupid and could not find any short rope anywhere and cannot get packages delivered to my home. I ended up getting a 50 foot rope from ACE and as lowkey just gonna let the extra rope hang after tying it to the anchor, because I am also putting weights on it. I was thinking though, would wrapping the wrong over and under the entire door be a good idea, or is it not really necessary? Is my initial idea of letting the remaining rope hang alright? I already wrapped the rope around the door once to hang from obviously instead of using the doorknob, because, you guessed it, that's broken too (I live in the ghetto).

Does this sound alright so far? I attached a pic of the remaining length

Attachments

• IMG_8585.jpeg
    IMG_8585.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Ondine0000ff

Ondine0000ff

Ondine
Aug 19, 2023
Hello all. I'm currently thinking of hanging myself at home, but the shower rod is flimsy and the one in the closet is broken. I initially thought about doing it at a hotel but saw something hear about using your bedroom door.

I'm stupid and could not find any short rope anywhere and cannot get packages delivered to my home. I ended up getting a 50 foot rope from ACE and as lowkey just gonna let the extra rope hang after tying it to the anchor, because I am also putting weights on it. I was thinking though, would wrapping the wrong over and under the entire door be a good idea, or is it not really necessary? Is my initial idea of letting the remaining rope hang alright? I already wrapped the rope around the door once to hang from obviously instead of using the doorknob, because, you guessed it, that's broken too (I live in the ghetto).

Does this sound alright so far? I attached a pic of the remaining length
Just for some clarification, to what did you tie the rope? The door handle?

maka

maka

this is for you, mi cuervito 𓇢𓆸
Apr 23, 2019
Just for some clarification, to what did you tie the rope? The door handle?
I just wrapped it around the entire door. Not draping it, but actually wrapping it under and over and tightening it, if that makes sense. I was just curious if doing the entire length was necessary.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
kat6

kat6

Sep 25, 2024
I know this is a serious subject, and I don't mean to be insensitive at all… But that pic of your rope setup next to a door tag that says "achieving my dreams" is pretty funny. I'm sorry if that offends you, not my intention.

Now to the serious part. I don't know about that setup, looks kind of sketchy to me, but I'm not an expert. However, due to the high risk (brain damage etc) if you get it wrong, I would wait until you're in a position to do whatever you're gonna do "safely" (you know what I mean). I've seen a few of your posts and you seem really unhappy with where you live. I've been there and it really sucked. My life got a lot better after I was able to move.. not perfect, I'm still on this site obviously but not living in my old city/ with family took away a lot of stress and the urgency to ctb... Would that be a possibility for you? Work towards moving to a better place where you can be surrounded by different people and do whatever you want however you want?

sos

sos

Experienced
Jul 22, 2024
I know this is a serious subject, and I don't mean to be insensitive at all… But that pic of your rope setup next to a door tag that says "achieving my dreams" is pretty funny. I'm sorry if that offends you, not my intention.
the door is a match made in heaven, the place to be, couldnt find a more fitting spot

anyway back on-topic

what makes you want to ctb in the first place? don't have to share the details, but whats up

Ondine0000ff

Ondine0000ff

Ondine
Aug 19, 2023
I just wrapped it around the entire door. Not draping it, but actually wrapping it under and over and tightening it, if that makes sense. I was just curious if doing the entire length was necessary.
I don't know about that set up either. From my understanding, you plan to attach a weight on the opposite side of the door so it stays in place.
I guess that could work? But idk I have never anything like that before so before doing the real thing try pulling the rope with your hands to see if it stays anchored.