• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
How can I escape a mental hospital? Like now? Or CBT?

I can't lie to the staff. I don't know why but I just can't.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Fthis, Deleted member 17331, allym101 and 3 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I saw a guy at a hospital parkour his way out.

Successful suicide in a hospital is really difficult, and if it's not successful, you'll probably end up with a longer stay.

Why would you need to lie? Do you mean to pretend to go along and "get better," or something else?

Reactions: Forveleth, Fthis, NightmareTour and 5 others
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
Borrow Harry Potters invisibility cloak
BdDQ.gif

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: SolitudeMan, Forveleth, Sunset764 and 12 others
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
I saw a guy at a hospital parkour his way out.

Successful suicide in a hospital is really difficult, and if it's not successful, you'll probably end up with a longer stay.

Why would you need to lie? Do you mean to pretend to go along and "get better," or something else?

I know it's difficult. But it is possible. Or at least can someone help me escape.

And yes I mean pretending to "get better"

• Hugs
Reactions: Forveleth, Fthis, Deleted member 17331 and 3 others
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Build a glider......

• Love
Reactions: Forveleth, Sprite_Geist, Marchioness and 3 others
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
The most boring way would be to fake being well until they let you go. or if you're sneaky and feminine-ish looking, steal a nurse's uniform and get out of there. No idea how good the security is in hospitals where you live, but where i'm at ive never seen more than like, 1 obese geriatric half blind guard watching over stuff lol.

Reactions: Proteus, Forveleth, Fthis and 7 others
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
How could I steal a nurse's uniform?

• Wow
Reactions: Fthis, Quinlor and sadworld
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
If you escape, how are you going to avoid getting caught and sent back?

Reactions: Forveleth, Deleted member 17331, elfgyoza and 1 other person
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
Assuming they have a laundry room or a ''we keep uniforms here'' room like i saw at my last jobs, get in there and grab one. Once again, how easily this is done will heavily depend on how good their security is, if they kinda just keep an easily accessible dirty clothes bag it's gonna be easy, if they keep everything under key it's gonna require doing some metal gear solid roleplay. If they allow you to bring a bag of your own clothes or something like that before being hospitalized, i'd recommend bringing your own nurse uniform . I'd bet they won't bother looking through a patient's clothing bag if it passes a metal detector test/xray test.

Reactions: Fthis, CatabolicSeed and sadworld
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
If you escape, how are you going to avoid getting caught and sent back?

By CBT ASAP
Assuming they have a laundry room or a ''we keep uniforms here'' room like i saw at my last jobs, get in there and grab one. Once again, how easily this is done will heavily depend on how good their security is, if they kinda just keep an easily accessible dirty clothes bag it's gonna be easy, if they keep everything under key it's gonna require doing some metal gear solid roleplay. If they allow you to bring a bag of your own clothes or something like that before being hospitalized, i'd recommend bringing your own nurse uniform . I'd bet they won't bother looking through a patient's clothing bag if it passes a metal detector test/xray test.

The laundry room is locked electronically. We don't have an x-ray/metal detector. They check everything by hand.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 17331 and sadworld
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
You'd probably be stuck having to steal a keycard from an airhead nurse, or bringing in some sort of vaguely nurse looking clothes that is just different enough that they won't be suspicious, but would also pass as one. Most people won't notice what you're wearing if you move quickly, but still. If you have a god tier pockerface you could also try bullshitting your way through security into letting them belive you're allowed to leave, but only try that if you're like, really, really convincing.

Reactions: Fthis and sadworld
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
If you are trapped in the mental hospital the only way to get out is to cooperate and go along with their bullshit.

I am sorry this happened to you. A lot of us here know the trauma.

Reactions: clown_17, Forveleth, Fthis and 10 others
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
There must be another way. People can escape from prison

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, sadworld and Meretlein
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
You can escape from anything if you're sneaky/crafty enough, but it might be really, reaaaalllllly hard, especially if they have good security and they're keeping you on drugs.

Reactions: Forveleth and sadworld
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
I wouldn't risk escaping and getting caught.
Just pull the "I'm feeling better" card.

Reactions: clown_17, Forveleth, Fthis and 10 others
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
I wouldn't risk escaping and getting caught.
Just pull the "I'm feeling better" card.

I can't do that. And plus I've been there since July so they won't believe me.

• Aww..
Reactions: Forveleth, Sunset764, Deleted member 17331 and 1 other person
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I heard there was a man who climbed through the ceiling and successfully got out of a locked hospital unit.

I have seen a few people make a run for it. They were all mostly tackled to the ground and forced back by hospital security. A few got talked back in..

I did see a guy make it through the sliding door to the outside once. He rammed the security guard with his head, bounced off of him, and then slammed through the ambulance double doors with a huge bang, and he got away. The facility or staff member may press charges of assault on medical personnel in that situation though...

Reactions: Forveleth and sadworld
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
How did he climb through the ceiling?

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I suspect any action movie stunts to try to make an escape would only result in making things more restricted and awful for you. Why are unable to pretend you're well and give it a couple months and get out like that?

Reactions: clown_17, Forveleth, Deleted member 17331 and 3 others
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
There must be another way. People can escape from prison

Relative to the number of people incarcerated, prison escapes are rare. The successful ones where the person isn't apprehended again are even rarer. The medical system is like a crocodile. Crocodiles fill and their niche and can be useful but once they clamp their jaws down, you are not getting out until they decide to open them.

Reactions: Forveleth, Fthis, Deleted member 17331 and 2 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Had a really strong guy pull off the bolted down chair and threw it through a window. He then jumped out of window and fell 8 floors. Broke his legs on impact and lived.

• Wow
Reactions: Forveleth
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
I suspect any action movie stunts to try to make an escape would only result in making things more restricted and awful for you. Why are unable to pretend you're well and give it a couple months and get out like that?

I wasn't planning an action type stunt. I'm not a fighting person.

I don't know. Maybe because I've been here so long and when you have the staff become like your family. And most people don't like lying to their family
Relative to the number of people incarcerated, prison escapes are rare. The successful ones where the person isn't apprehended again are even rarer. The medical system is like a crocodile. Crocodiles fill and their niche and can be useful but once they clamp their jaws down, you are not getting out until they decide to open them.

It's rare, but possible

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I think @Meretlein is right, you need to cooperate with them and tell them you feel better. I don't think there is another way only if you are reaalllyy lucky and you somehow manage to escape.

• Love
Reactions: Forveleth, Fthis, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
I think @Meretlein is right, you need to cooperate with them and tell them you feel better. I don't think there is another way only if you are reaalllyy lucky and you somehow manage to escape.

But if I start doing that, they would be suspicious. Why would I suddenly feel better after screaming at them to let me out or kill me?

And if I did manage to convince them, they might have to keep me here because of the court ordered feeding tube.

sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
But if I start doing that, they would be suspicious. Why would I suddenly feel better after screaming at them to let me out or kill me?

And if I did manage to convince them, they might have to keep me here because of the court ordered feeding tube.
I don't think it works so fast. It has to be a slow process

Reactions: Forveleth, Fthis and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
How did he climb through the ceiling?

It was a large tiled ceiling. He climbed a recliner, removed a tile, and pulled himself up into the ceiling. He was right next to a wall and literally climbed up over it through the ceiling by holding onto solid support structures in the ceiling above all of the tiles. He dropped down on the other side of the wall...

• Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 17331
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
If you are trapped in the mental hospital the only way to get out is to cooperate and go along with their bullshit.

I am sorry this happened to you. A lot of us here know the trauma.
@Meretlein

With the greatest respect, I don't think it's professional or even useful for staff from this site to tell people who are in hospital to just "go along with their bullshit" so they can get out sooner.

I've been sectioned myself before, and no it didn't help in my specific case.

However better advice might be what I've seen other people say, something like
"Use the opportunity you have to at least try to make progress the best you can".
Besides, they've been in there a long time.