• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

J

Juli

Jan 27, 2024
I've been on and off antidepressants for the past few years, simply because I struggle with consistency. The longest I've ever taken them as prescribed was about 2 months. It's usually because I forget or become too depressed to take them - ironically. Any advice?

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I was the same when I first started with meds. In the meantime I have a pill organiser and if I take them irregularly I get to feel dizzy, naseaous, anxious.

J

Juli

Jan 27, 2024
Why don't you take them as prescribed? They won't help if you don't take them. You can put an alarm on your phone on the times you need to take them. And then just take them, takes only a few seconds.
Due to the above reasons, I get stuck in that loop. Thanks for your suggestion about the alarm; I'm going to give it a try.
I was the same when I first started with meds. In the meantime I have a pill organiser and if I take them irregularly I get to feel dizzy, naseaous, anxious.
A pill organiser is a good idea. Yeah, it's an awful feeling when that happens, along with the brain zaps, etc.

Last edited:
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

Life is a mirror, but "whose" mirror?
Mar 23, 2023
If it doesn't really seem to motivate you, then maybe it's not useful enough for you. I personally would not use antidepressants, because they can have a strong effect on the psyche and coping. There are many natural ways to take care of your mental health. A couple of them are nutrition, supplements, exercise and adequate sleep.

Reactions: Juli
J

Juli

Jan 27, 2024
If it doesn't really seem to motivate you, then maybe it's not useful enough for you. I personally would not use antidepressants, because they can have a strong effect on the psyche and coping. There are many natural ways to take care of your mental health. A couple of them are nutrition, supplements, exercise and adequate sleep.
I do find them helpful for my anxiety - when I take them consistently, of course. I've tried many natural treatments throughout the years but haven't found them helpful. In all honesty, I sometimes feel as though I may be experiencing treatment-resistant depression.

Bianka

Bianka

No longer human
Jan 16, 2024
As mentioned previously they won't work if you don't take them as prescribed. My meds only started working properly after two months because we had to slowly increase the doze. You stay motivated because you started to take them because you believe it could help. If you don't take it it has no chance of working. Set an alarm, if you take it at the same time(s) everyday (which I'm guessing so) it becomes a habbit trust me

• Love
Reactions: Juli