• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

O

offbalance

Student
Dec 16, 2021
I feel like it has to be a spur of the moment thing to do it. I don't see how else to overcome the fear. I didn't realize how hard it really is, even with a gun. I really have to go soon. How do I just do it?
What helps me is being like "if you stay alive what are you really going to do?" since depression has hampered pretty much everything. Also, going on and off antidepressants repeatedly seems to help me. Also Benzos are supposed to be helpful, but really, there's no magic pill that will reduce all SI.

astrals

astrals

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
so far with every attempt i've had i used alcohol for SI and tbh it's worked pretty well despite me failing and backing out because of emotions.

failed a benzo OD because i mixed it w/ alcohol so wouldn't recommend that.

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
I think this question is hard to answer because it's an individual process for everyone.

You can look at goodbye threads of confirmed deaths and try to glean something about their particular mindset that allowed them to overcome SI.

A lot of people kill themselves motivated by a very powerful urge that allows them to get over the hump. Without that involuntary urge it can be difficult to go about it in a clinical and detached manner.

A woman I knew who made a best-lethal attempt said she decided that if fear was the only thing holding her back she couldn't tolerate that and thought that was too pathetic.

goodoldnoname923

goodoldnoname923

Wanting to find peace
Mar 28, 2024
I feel like it has to be a spur of the moment thing to do it. I don't see how else to overcome the fear. I didn't realize how hard it really is, even with a gun. I really have to go soon. How do I just do it?
As others as said alcohol can be a good detractor from it although can effect some methods negatively while also strong and overwhelming emotions can be good when doing it also unfortunately I haven't had such methods available to me when my emotions have ran high sadly and they haven't been that way for awhile

See if certain thoughts memories pictures old messages or something set him off

DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
What I've done (and I was told during a psych intake that research shows that this is correlated with actual suicides) is work my way up through "practice" attempts. This looks different for every method but I found it easier to overdose on 6g of lithium when I had tried on 2.4g a week prior; easier to use an EEBD hood for 30 seconds after I had done it for 5 and 10 and 15 and so on; and I know someone who's tried jumping who made shorter jumps before the big proper attempt one.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

šŸŽµ Can this be the end? Is this the way I die?
Apr 17, 2023
Only 1 percent of the global pop. every year has what it takes. Better odds with the lottery. Genetics mostly predetermines whether you can overcome it or not. Like everything else, the genetic lottery decides our fate. SuicideChad

Last edited:
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
These are my experiences. If the pain is unbearable, the survival instinct is no problem. One must feel so bad that one just lie and suffer. Then you will do anything to die. No courage is needed in this situation. If the pain is not as severe, one must do a courageous act. I believe that anyone can die by suicide, but it is harder for some people than for others, probably for women.

Last edited:
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Let me know once you find out. I basically have no desires (beyond the mandatory such as food, water, shelter etc) and I still have to deal with this stupid and irrational survival instinct. I'll be grateful if there was a way I could get rid of my survival instinct

Reactions: divinemistress36
D

dggtscccvfd

Arcanist
Jun 1, 2023
I think it's all about having a method you're comfortable with: I'm going with SN as I can envision ingesting a poison. I could never hang myself as I can't even comprehend how one does that.

Reactions: ApathyToLife
bookgirl

bookgirl

š‰š®š„š²
Mar 31, 2024
I don't need alcohol or drugs to overcome si

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
What I've done (and I was told during a psych intake that research shows that this is correlated with actual suicides) is work my way up through "practice" attempts. This looks different for every method but I found it easier to overdose on 6g of lithium when I had tried on 2.4g a week prior; easier to use an EEBD hood for 30 seconds after I had done it for 5 and 10 and 15 and so on; and I know someone who's tried jumping who made shorter jumps before the big proper attempt one.
I second this. I tried chloroform for a bit. At first I got used to the smell, then would huff it enough to get dizzy, then enough to pass out. It didn't work so now I'm planning for full suspension and I'm practicing tying knots and choking myself with my hands until I get used to the feeling.

The idea is to make it a familiar act so you're comfortable with it before your actual attempt.

K

koalamenace12

Mar 6, 2024
i think whats helped me is realizing after that moments its just peace, like a rollercoaster getting the top is scary but after that its finally over and its just a simple action. thats prob terrible advice though, sorry