• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Existing is real. But that says very little. Everything else can be unreal, including joy and suffering. But even if pain is unreal, it is still bad. We might just say it's real then.

Reactions: sserafim
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Why wouldn't it be? I mean yeah we don't know if it is but why not
I guess "unreal" means some guy or power out there can change something suddenly that defies expectation. People will know that when it happens. Otherwise it will make no difference. Those events are usually called miracles, punishment, wrath, or alike.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I guess "unreal" means some guy or power out there can change something suddenly that defies expectation. People will know that when it happens. Otherwise it will make no difference. Those events are usually called miracles, punishment, wrath, or alike.
The powers that be

Reactions: Homo erectus
Proteus

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
This was discussed some weeks ago. I recommend checking up this thread to learn why, but, in short, there is absolutely no reason to think nothing is real. This is my favorite reply:
If it's true what you're saying, every time I open a history book, study calculus, biology or physics I make it up on the way. I made up the human body, the universal laws of physics, philosophy, social economical and political systems... I discovered fire, I invented flying, I figured out relativity theory, I painted the Mona Lisa, I wrote Symphony No.5 in C minor... I must be a genius. God if you will.
I think this is a pretty self-centered point of view without any epistemological base to support it