• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

AStruggle

AStruggle

a clinically depressed vidya connoisseur
Feb 8, 2024
Hello, fellow struggling person.
I know what you mean, sometimes it's like that for me too. It seems sometimes like nothing is different no matter how much time I take to heal, and understanding that apart from what you're already doing there's nothing else you can do to make it better is really discouraging for me.
When I feel hopeless and powerless I remember that it's not going to last forever. The best thing about life is that it's changing and morphing whether or not you notice it, as it is with your perception. Sometimes you feel like everything is shit, that you're worthless and have no control of your life whatsoever. Sometimes you feel motivated and empowered, even if it's a brief and tiny feeling, even if your goal is to do something insignificant like washing dishes or making your bed.
It's important that you realize the amount of effort everything takes you and praise yourself for that, because the only person who can truly understand you is yourself.
I know you're in pain, I know there's not much hope and it's ok. Sometimes it takes a lot of strength and energy to just be alive, just remember that.
Recognize your value even when it seems there is none - that what gives me hope, I hope it'll help you too.

P.S. - Also, a little distraction can help sometimes. You can try to take your mind off the hopelessness and just exist for some time.

Valso

Valso

Student
Mar 12, 2024
I can recognize I'm feeling hopelessness. I'm feeling like recovery isn't going to go anywhere. Can you give me suggestions on how you handle it?
IDK about the others, but I didn't handle anyting, I just got used to it. Same as loneliness and the thought that I'll never have a girlfriend or a wife bc I'm not rich enough and that's what they all have in their heads - money. I just got used to it and moved on.

Reactions: WretchedDreams
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I don't handle it, it is part of my depression and I cannot do much against it.

Bannana

Bannana

caretaker
Mar 10, 2024
I can recognize I'm feeling hopelessness. I'm feeling like recovery isn't going to go anywhere. Can you give me suggestions on how you handle it?
You could try researching Absurdism, helps me a little bit but with the wrong person could do harm idk
Basically the idea is that life is meaningless and that's okay

slightoverlooked

slightoverlooked

Student
Dec 27, 2023
I try to think about moments when I felt hopeless about something specific and then about the moment when it got resolved. But that only works for specific situations. Other than that I just try and practice 'radical acceptance'. My therapist always talks about it and it frustrates me and makes me angry sometimes but in the end, some situations are just how they are.
I try to tell myself: "It is what it is and if you cant accept it then you will have to suck it up or ctb. And since you wont ctb there is only one option left."

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath
J

juna

Death is the only truth...
Mar 4, 2024
Earlier I tried to improve myself. I thought that there was a God who would fix everything slowly. The concept of a divine entity gave me hope. The thought that there is at least a God who loves me and would protect me. But now, I am so badly depressed or tired, I see no hope.

cantthinkofusername

cantthinkofusername

wannabe girl
Feb 25, 2024
sometimes u just have to have faith in the universe
life feeling hopeless doesnt make it hopeless
sometimes u just have to ride out the storm

arnxxx

arnxxx

Student
Mar 8, 2024
I haven't read about mindfulness here yet. The realisation that thoughts aren't yours but come up inside of you, opened my eyes. I helped me through earlier depressions but the one I have now is worse.

The Power of the Now is a book that really changed how I see things. You can also check out the author Eckhard Tolle on YouTube but some clips might be for people already familiar with the ideas.

In the end it's the same as mindfulness which is being implemented in a lot of other therapies. I even went to a retreat about 10 years ago. If you have questions about it feel free to ask.
You could try researching Absurdism, helps me a little bit but with the wrong person could do harm idk
Can you tell me more? Sounds like nihilism?

Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
And you could also try stoicism to find meaning in doing what ever you are capable of, however small.