thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
I can't afford therapy or medication so I have to treat myself. I have found that meditation helps. also getting enough sleep and waking up early in the morning also helps my mood and gives me the energy to deal with my issues. Writing in this forum also helps.
What things do you do to deal with your illness?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 710, TooConscious, Crazy4u and 6 others
thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
i guess everyone here is pretty much sane and I'm the only looney one here

• Hugs
Reactions: Crazy4u, WonderingSoul and Life sucks
WoAiGou

WoAiGou

Stalinist
Dec 16, 2021
I don't, I just have periods of managing and periods of being on the brink. I exercise, eat well, have been on meds, I don't think there is really any more dealing with it at this point. I am totally at the mercy of my trauma, my depression my ASD, doomed to repeat the same mistakes over and over.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ainsley, Kristicide, WonderingSoul and 2 others
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I don't deal with it well I isolate which probably makes it worse. I don't have the capacity to give a shit about much anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kristicide, Skathon, milly and 1 other person
thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
I don't, I just have periods of managing and periods of being on the brink. I exercise, eat well, have been on meds, I don't think there is really any more dealing with it at this point. I am totally at the mercy of my trauma, my depression my ASD, doomed to repeat the same mistakes over and over.

what kind of exercises help? running or jogging or lifting weight?
I don't deal with it well I isolate which probably makes it worse. I don't have the capacity to give a shit about much anymore.

have you tried meditation or medication?

• Hugs
Reactions: Life sucks
WoAiGou

WoAiGou

Stalinist
Dec 16, 2021
what kind of exercises help? running or jogging or lifting weight?
Exercise doesn't help me anymore, at least not what I do, which is primarily body weight, light weight stuff and cycling. It's more of just a habit at this point, and me beating myself up if I don't do any form of exercise. When I use to do MMA that helped a lot, in the form of building confidence, but COVID ruined that, I should get back into it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Life sucks
Nanako

Nanako

Experienced
Dec 24, 2018
I avoid taking medication because I fear the long-term ramifications of it (I've heard some pretty concerning stories).

As for what habits I think might be helpful... For me, taking long walks around town is a great distraction as well as my best coping mechanism right now. I sleep well, I eat well, I wake up early, all of which helps. I talk to close family members frequently. All of this helps keep me calm and sane, in order to ensure that I'll be able to remain patient and not lose my mind while I wait for the moment in which I'll be able to obtain the tools I need to ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: Crazy4u, Life sucks and Foresight
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
i guess everyone here is pretty much sane and I'm the only looney one here
What do you consider to define a way of thinking/feeling as an illness, or as sane? These are such big umbrella terms and I think it would help me to answer the question if I had more specifics.

Reactions: LastFlowers
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
Hello, I don't use professional services either. For healthy habits I like to read. I read about things that interest me so it's not a chore. Sleep is so important. If you can't afford medicine try to do your best to get your most important nutrients. Vitamin D is a big one, especially for someone like me who doesn't go outside. B12 as well. I only use B12 a few times a week. I stared supplementing vitamin c because one of my favorite neuroscientists said it might help with mood disorders.

Breathing exercises are essential for me. If you do meditation then you're doing well. Exercise is obviously important for brain health. I do yoga when I can't bring myself to do anything more strenuous.

I have to write online sometimes because I'm cooped up. It's good to express yourself and allow yourself to exist and be vulnerable in front of others, even if it's online. I go long stretches of time with very little human contact and you can sense your mind starts to deteriorate. Engaging with others is a pretty powerful antidepressant if it's healthy dialogue. Other than that I just make sure to laugh daily even if it's by myself, and I always engage with what I love the most which usually involves music.

Reactions: thinkkank
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I use weed for the days I really can't deal with my mental illnesses (though I haven't used it lately because I'm looking for a job).

I know what will really help my mental health is getting away from my family for good as they're toxic, but I'm currently stuck until I can save enough money so my mental health is pretty bad right now

gottago222

gottago222

paranoia bae
Dec 21, 2021
being out in nature for many hours of the day not wearing sunglasses is optimal. catch those negative ions

Reactions: Crazy4u, Deleted member 8975, thinkkank and 1 other person
A

allesistgut

Experienced
Jan 22, 2022
i don't really deal with it very well. when i'm alone i try to distract myself with books, movies and shows.

Reactions: Crazy4u and thinkkank
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
It all depends on the situation which unfortunately means I can't do anything about it (anhedonia, pain, etc).

If some of these problems aren't there, I can deal with it by distractions like games, anime, art, music, etc

There are a lot of ways and distractions but unfortunately it doesn't work all the time.

• Hugs
Reactions: thinkkank and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I listen to thousands of hours of white noise.

I struggled to make connections with other people and had no friends for most of my 20s, but managed to assemble a support network since 2019. I am blessed to have people in my life.

I listen to a lot of Dr. K and stuff, while it isn't a magic bullet it still helps make things feel positive in a realistic way.

I try to keep a clean room and hygiene, "a clean room is a happy room".

I had a therapist but got what I needed out of her after discussing some things in honest detail. Because of her recommendation of breathing exercises and the anime Demon Slayer I am very into breathing now.

I stopped going into toxic places online. I guess this place could be considered toxic by outsiders by I mean cruel edgy places.

I used to journal but lost my will to write.

• Hugs
Reactions: JinZhin, thinkkank and Foresight
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Valium helps a lot! Plus the occasional joint, and MDMA Crystals are a regular staple in my yard!

Reactions: occamsrazor and OrcWitch
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
Valium helps a lot! Plus the occasional joint, and MDMA Crystals are a regular staple in my yard!
Damn dude can I come party with you

• Yay!
Reactions: Crazy4u, myopybyproxy and LONE WOLF.
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
Meds, nothing else helps.

Reactions: OrcWitch
WonderingSoul

WonderingSoul

Gamer
Dec 15, 2021
All I got really is sleep, video games, anime, and mindfulness. Therapy really doesn't help me.

Reactions: thinkkank and OrcWitch
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I pop my SSRI, and get my caffeine and nicotine fix. I am eating healthier lately though, and working out a bit. It was part of a half assed new year's resolution but it's actually kind of stuck thus far. Other than that I just watch comfy shows on YouTube and game a little. Trying to shut out the the world helps, especially with regards to the politicizing of everything and social media. I feel increasingly alien in this world. Isolating myself keeps me quasi-sane, but it is a lonely lot too.

Reactions: myopybyproxy
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
im seeing double in this thread 😵‍💫😵‍💫

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/data/avatars/l/11/11327.jpg?1615600051https://sanctioned-suicide.net/data/avatars/l/2/2421.jpg?1634939639

• Yay!
Reactions: Crazy4u, thinkkank and Angst Filled Fuck Up
thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
being out in nature for many hours of the day not wearing sunglasses is optimal. catch those negative ions

nature is relaxing, especially being by a creek and hearing the water, although now that it's winter all the creeks are frozen

T

theloserestloser

Nov 26, 2021
the best thing i did for my depression was getting a job. until i got sick of it and started hating my life even more. but for a couple months i was golden

completely-done

completely-done

Experienced
Jan 31, 2022
I don't. I usually barely manage things for 3 months max and then fall in a hole again. This cycle...

angiegirl30

angiegirl30

Student
Jan 20, 2022
Hey there. For me, I do talk with a counselor. No meds though. I've had some unfortunate reactions to some so trying to do all of this med free. I also walk, journal, pray, and do whatever I can out in the sun. Outdoor time is so important to me. Also had a dog that helped with my emotions but he crossed the rainbow bridge last year. I also have hobbies that I like that distract me from my depression, anxiety and pain. Also eating fruits and vegetables and staying hydrated helps. Good grief. I sound like a wellness commercial! But these are things that help me. I don't do all of them all the time but they are there when I need them.

Reactions: Deleted member 8975
Death_of_a_Phynixx

Death_of_a_Phynixx

09/22/90-2022
Jan 31, 2022
I beg and plead to my spirit to free me while I am asleep. She never does though and I rise anyway in this body again, so disappointed.
I rinse and repeat until I have the courage to take my matters into my own right hand and bend my index finger.

Reactions: LONE WOLF.
U

Unicornsrnot4dislife

Not meant for this world…….
Nov 12, 2021
Meds and self medicating. I also have my 'treasure box' with like distractions techniques and comforters

thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
I listen to a lot of Dr. K and stuff, while it isn't a magic bullet it still helps make things feel positive in a realistic way.

I try to keep a clean room and hygiene, "a clean room is a happy room".

Dr. K and Dr. Todd Grande have some good stuff. cleaning the room also helps with depression. it's a small task that makes you feel good when you complete it. if your environment is messy your mind will be messy, someone said that but I can't remember who right now, might be peterson.