• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

F

fbegx

Det e för sent
May 5, 2024
I know CTB can sometimes be perceived as selfish. There are cases where it is, and there are where it's not. But for those who are not CTBing because of an abusive family (in terms of blood-related ones, not partners), how do you deal with loved ones? Like it pains me to know that all those my parents sacrificed to make me here will come to waste.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
Sunshine

Sunshine

Student
Jan 11, 2019
It is extremely traumatizing to loved ones. There is no way around it. Just take one look at this place:

Personally I try to wait as long as possible so everyone is getting older, so they don't need to spend most of their life with this level of pain.
But for anyone who can't wait due to the pain, maybe leaving indepth letters and heartfelt explanations will soothe the pain a little bit...

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
No, procreation is what is selfish instead. There's literally nothing more selfish than imposing decades of meaningless suffering onto someone else, in my case I certainly never would have chosen to exist and I wish I never existed more than anything.

Suicide is a human right, if people are so against death then why do they bring life here in the first place they are the ones causing others to die and we are all just going to die anyway. It's disgusting how people procreate and want to force those they brought here to suffer for decades on end, calling them "selfish" if they want to leave when they are the selfish ones instead.

W

wisteria3

May 5, 2024
I agree, there's no way to get around the fact that you will be hurting loves ones. I think emphasizing in your note that this wasn't an impulsive decision, and you really thought it through. Maybe fully explain your thought process so that they can understand. Let them know there wasn't anything anyone could do to stop you, and maybe they can take some comfort knowing you were in pain for a while and now that is over. Just like if a child had a terminal physical illness, parents might feel some relief when their child is finally free of suffering. Also, that at least they had several years of good memories to be grateful for even if those memories had to come to an end. I don't really know, I guess there are no words to fully comfort them, but we can do our best.

Reactions: fbegx
AbsentMindedHuman

AbsentMindedHuman

One day, ill be free
Apr 25, 2024
Suicide is a human right, if people are so against death then why do they bring life here in the first place they are the ones causing others to die and we are all just going to die anyway. It's disgusting how people procreate and want to force those they brought here to suffer for decades on end, calling them "selfish" if they want to leave when they are the selfish ones instead.
Suicide is the least selfish thing you can do. You are perpetually suffering and constanting living for others while in pain. When you finally find the courage to relase yourself from the pain, its selfless to choose a end to the pain instead of living in pain for others. They brought you into this world selfishly and it is their lack of humanity that forces you to want to stick around without considering your pain. They can grow, knowing you are at peace.

L

LaughingGoat

Experienced
Apr 11, 2024
It is the singular worst thing most parents can experience. Like you, had a great parent so I can't justify causing them that suffering. The only point I don't share is worrying about what they sacrificed since it was their actions that caused me to exist (don't resent them for that, it's just a fact).

• Hugs
Reactions: fbegx
F

fbegx

Det e för sent
May 5, 2024
No, procreation is what is selfish instead. There's literally nothing more selfish than imposing decades of meaningless suffering onto someone else, in my case I certainly never would have chosen to exist and I wish I never existed more than anything.

I understand. Personally I don't agree with the view of calling it "selfish", as it takes a lot of consideration and courage, but I understand where it's coming from. It's just that I can imagine the devastation it will cause since I truly do love my family as well. I'll take the tips of easing it with notes and hopefully that will help it out a bit. It's my first post here but I'm rlyy glad of the help, thanks everyone!

escape_from_hell

escape_from_hell

Experienced
Feb 22, 2024
It is extremely traumatizing to loved ones. There is no way around it. Just take one look at this place:

Personally I try to wait as long as possible so everyone is getting older, so they don't need to spend most of their life with this level of pain.
But for anyone who can't wait due to the pain, maybe leaving indepth letters and heartfelt explanations will soothe the pain a little bit...

It feels fucked up but it's very depressing to know there is nobody that will give half a fuck about me like these people feeling great loss on that subreddit.
It is supposed to feel liberating though.

BrokeN__lil’__girl

BrokeN__lil’__girl

dead_inside
May 10, 2023
My parents were never abusive but they don't care I'm not happy so why should I be bothered…

tsumihoroboshi

tsumihoroboshi

Lost Impact
Oct 31, 2023
i don't have loved ones so there's no problem there

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I want to hold on to wait for them to go first. I only really have my Dad to wait for now. I realise not everyone can though. I suppose I've wondered what I'd do if things became utterly intolerable for me. I wondered if I would try to talk to them to try and get them to see it from my point of view and to have time to try and accept it. That may not be a good idea though because- not everyone can and some may go to extreme lengths- like sectioning.

Ultimately though- I think- if you really love someone- then you shouldn't want to see them in pain. I suppose I'd want them to try to acknowledge that there wasn't another way around it and that life really had become intolerable. Sadly, I suspect many of us will only be able to express that in a letter. Seeing as expressing it in real life doesn't always work out so well.

I'm sorry. It's a tough situation to be in. I know what you mean. I feel trapped here effectively. Sometimes, it's tricky not to feel panicked about it but for now, I just try to tell myself to take it one step at a time and promise myself, it won't be forever.