jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
It looks like search engines aren't keen on showing content from this site, so how did you find it? I found it years ago in Google before all the campaigns against it started. It's sad, the activity on this site has dwindled. My precious online home is being threatened!

• Love
Reactions: jackie_boy1337, freedompass, nomoretotake and 8 others
Lauriso

Lauriso

Jul 26, 2022
I read an article about alt.suicide.holiday. Then I Googled about it, and found a scientific (statistic or something) paper listing the most common keywords people use to look for suicide related sites. So I then used those keywords and landed here. I don't think that's what the authors had in mind, but it worked :).

• Yay!
Reactions: not_actually_human, Sadness20, SFB123 and 7 others
Ginnn

Ginnn

Student
Aug 20, 2022
I found it on Google. I was looking for methods and clicked on one of the first entries, it was a post. I was surprised at how detailed that post was, so I started visiting this site as a guest.

I also remember finding ss before but saw in the description it said "pro life" lmao.
I think that ss is quite accessible in my country

Reactions: Sadness20, No Entertainment, obafgkm and 1 other person
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I read an article about alt.suicide.holiday. Then I Googled about it, and found a scientific (statistic or something) paper listing the most common keywords people use to look for suicide related sites. So I then used those keywords and landed here. I don't think that's what the authors had in mind, but it worked :).
When was it that you did that search? I think things have changed. It doesn't even come up when I search for "sanctioned suicide"

Reactions: obafgkm
Raskolnikov's Axe

Raskolnikov's Axe

Aug 31, 2022
From reddit and one of the news articles condemning it.

Reactions: cyanlove, Hollowillow, obafgkm and 2 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Reddit. My original account is older and was in there when we had a different domain and everything.

Reactions: obafgkm and jodes2
Degen

Degen

Aug 28, 2021
Probably used duckduckgo and searched for suicide forums and other related keywords, can't really remember but I figure that's how it went

Reactions: sufferingalways, reverse03, obafgkm and 2 others
Yavannah

Yavannah

Autistic & miserable
Jul 18, 2022
i found the forum though the ny times article💀😌

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: cyanlove, Sick of it all, lachrymost and 7 others
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
Searching about how to CTB (finding nothing, all be said) and related info like how to detect the simptoms (If i know how "they" can catch me, i can take the initiative and hide it). Eventually i landed on a vice article ponting here. And here i am

Reactions: obafgkm and jodes2
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I remember coming across a news article about this site and of course I wanted to know the name of the website as I was suicidal and wanted to research methods. The article did not name the website but I found it soon enough. But unfortunately I am still here of course. Even with all the method resources, suicide is still so difficult and complicated.

• Love
Reactions: Source Energy, cyanlove, Pentobarbital_Plz and 4 others
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
I don't remember actually. I have no memory of it. I was dead inside and my brain barely functioned. The only thing I remember is I didn't like the format of reddit. I spent more time on lostallhope for methods.

When it shut down I let it go. I found the forum some time later after being brutalized at work. I prefer the forum.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Hollowillow, obafgkm, Dead Ghost and 1 other person
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
Simply reading news about suicides, one fine day the journalist/columnist thought of naming this website and that's how I entered it.
What I did not expect is the warmth of the community of users of this website and that we have so many things in common. It is a wonderful little world with a very characteristic light of its own.

//

Simplement llegint notícies sobre suïcidis, un bon día al periodista/columnista se li va passar pel cap de posar el nom d'aquesta web i així hi vaig entrar-hi.
El que no m'esperava es la calidesa de la comunitat d'usuaris d'aquesta web i que tinguem tantes coses en comú. És un petit món meravellós amb una llum própia molt característica.

• Love
Reactions: Source Energy, Hollowillow, ryo the frog and 3 others
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Found the site in late 2019 from a search engine. Can't remember which one

Reactions: jodes2 and obafgkm
Lauriso

Lauriso

Jul 26, 2022
When was it that you did that search? I think things have changed. It doesn't even come up when I search for "sanctioned suicide"
July this year, as I see it as the month I joined.

Reactions: jodes2 and obafgkm
D

Dying2DieDamnSI

Living in bed, but can’t sleep
Sep 2, 2022
Thank you, New York Times!!

• Yay!
Reactions: Hollowillow, Muach, jodes2 and 5 others
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
I spent some time on another wordpress-based site that offered some respite for a while, but didn't really offer much in the way of member interaction, which I soon realised I wanted. Someone posted about this place there, and after a while I checked it out. And here I am.

• Hugs
Reactions: jodes2, obafgkm, Celerity and 1 other person
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Vice article warning ppl not to come here lol.

• Yay!
Reactions: PanickedMelancholia, Hollowillow, lex and 6 others
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Reactions: Dead Ghost, jodes2, obafgkm and 1 other person
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Sanctioned Suicide subreddit before it was banned

Reactions: Hollowillow, Dead Ghost, jodes2 and 2 others
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
It looks like search engines aren't keen on showing content from this site, so how did you find it? I found it years ago in Google before all the campaigns against it started. It's sad, the activity on this site has dwindled. My precious online home is being threatened!

I found a suicide discussion thread on one of the biggest Swedish forums, in which Helium suicide was mentioned - that was three or four years ago, at which point I bought a large Helium tank and a valve or regulator, but I figured that it was too complicated to get right for a suicide attempt, so I started searching for more information about this method using the most frequented search engine, and so I found this forum. I kept reading posts on this forum from time to time throughout the years until I became a member nine months ago and found information about other methods, which have taken the place of Helium on my to-do list.

Last edited:
Reactions: jodes2, Celerity and obafgkm
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
Used duckduckgo.

I used to be a member of suicideforums.com, but that website highly discourages pro-suicide sentiments.

Most of the people there tend to come there initially feeling depressed, make one post about their misery, and then leave and never come back.

I think most of the people here that join tend to actually stick around.

Reactions: sufferingalways, Un-, No Entertainment and 3 others
C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
I found out about it because of the NYT article condemning it. Once I had the name of the site I was able to type it into Google and find it, but I never happened across it when researching methods (which is something I've been doing for many years).

Reactions: Dead Ghost, jodes2 and obafgkm
O

obafgkm

Experienced
Jun 3, 2022
Search "partial hanging" on bing based engines, including duck duck go, it is the first result. SS is the internet authority on this method.

Reactions: jodes2 and Celerity
borderlineinpain

borderlineinpain

Aug 1, 2022
I was looking for places to talk about suicide and found it in a news page. I searched the site in the browser and here I am :3

Reactions: Dead Ghost and jodes2
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Search "partial hanging" on bing based engines, including duck duck go, it is the first result. SS is the internet authority on this method.
Bing wins this category, I guess, lol. The memes about the search engines are correct.

Reactions: Dead Ghost, jodes2 and obafgkm
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
I think it must have been a news article about Shawn's death. I was browsing lostallhope for suicide methods and then remembered that article so found it easily enough after.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I wish I could remember exactly, but I must have been doing searches on google or youtube related to suicide- I suspect it was from seeing a video on youtube about the site, but I don't know for sure,

BRAINWORMS

BRAINWORMS

dust to dust
Jul 20, 2020
Google in 2020, I believe. I was already familiar with other sites like Lostallhope but I loved the community here. I think having this community has actually kept me around longer.

• Hugs
Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, Dead Ghost and jodes2
unnoticed

unnoticed

doomed since ‘98 ༺♥༻
Aug 4, 2021
i think it was a simple google search — "painless suicide methods", or something similar. i think the first time i visited this site was february 2020. i was amazed at how understanding and accepting this community appeared to be, so i've come and lurked here every time i really felt the pressure of acting on urges ever since.

• Yay!
Reactions: Dead Ghost, obafgkm, jodes2 and 1 other person
I

indigomoon

Student
Mar 6, 2022
New York Times.

Reactions: Dead Ghost, obafgkm and jodes2