W

wren-briar

wrenbriar.gitlab.io
Jul 1, 2024
If every single one of us, along with anyone else we know who has expressed suicidial ideations, showed up at psych wards at the same day and time, (a) it'd be nice to meet some of you IRL and (b) it could really highlight just how many of us are out here.

Of course, there's absolutely no f'ing way that I'd ever willingly subject myself to psych prison, even for those reasons, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one.

• Love
Reactions: Decided98, NoPoint2Life, Plato'sCaveDweller and 1 other person
skyflame

skyflame

Oct 1, 2024
That should be the least of your worries, unless you are in that line of work, you know...swiping out the suicidals.
Maybe like a Suicide Squad? I'll let myself out…

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: ladylazarus4, sweetcreep, CatLvr and 3 others
SoulWhisperer

SoulWhisperer

Careless Soul « MtF »
Nov 13, 2023
It may be a little hard to track every single person down here and probably too much expensive for it to be beneficial I think, it's the internet where information flows everywhere anyways, can't control the internet

Still good thing they don't, it'd be atrocious if they started to take people down

Reactions: thepiecessatup, Plato'sCaveDweller and wren-briar
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Same reason they don't track down everyone who breaks into cars just to steal small things.

• Informative
Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller and wren-briar
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
If every single one of us, along with anyone else we know who has expressed suicidial ideations, showed up at psych wards at the same day and time, (a) it'd be nice to meet some of you IRL and (b) it could really highlight just how many of us are out here.

Of course, there's absolutely no f'ing way that I'd ever willingly subject myself to psych prison, even for those reasons, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one.
love this but same re the end.

It may be a little hard to track every single person down here and probably too much expensive for it to be beneficial I think, it's the internet where information flows everywhere anyways, can't control the internet

Still good thing they don't, it'd be atrocious if they started to take people down
big truth. small fish big ocean. obviously it's big enough to land us in various main stream media and the mods catching shit is disgusting but they can't take out 50k+ ppl

• Love
Reactions: LifeQuitter, ladylazarus4, sweetcreep and 2 others
T

ThisIsMe1357

Student
May 20, 2024
Something tells me law enforcement could not do much in the cases of majority of people in here even if they could match specific posts to specific IP addresses. Just mentioning that a person wishes to peacefully die one day because of serious problems is not grounds to be hospitalized immediately. A person would need a specific plan and an attempt to die at this very moment for the authorities to do anything.

I am no lawyer, but even those cases where users ask about specific methods directly would be difficult to deal with, wouldn't they? Wouldn't the authorities have to, after finding a particular home or address, prove that specific posts were written from a specific device by a specific person? A process like this would require a lot of warrants that might not even be granted in the first place...because on what grounds would they be?

This seems like an awful lot of work for people who have almost no time on their hands with limited resources having to deal with much worse while maybe secretly wishing they were drinking cool drinks on a beach. Putting that many resources towards an effort for an outcome with a low likelihood of success, especially in cases where no crime has been committed, seems like something nobody would like to do. They would rather go after Dark Web websites.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: LifeQuitter, ladylazarus4, sweetcreep and 4 others
Addled and Rattled

Addled and Rattled

Mar 15, 2023
I think a better question is why we feel the need to immediately lock up any person who feels so much pain in life that they want to die? Like I get it, but most of the time psych wards can just make it worse. If a person feels this way it is a sign that something drastic must change in their life, and for a lot of people, that just is not possible. This world is sick, it's not our fault. This place at least lets us talk about that fact openly. We are the fallout of a world that was not built for us, and so of course they just want to put us through yet another system that really won't do anything beneficial and just forget about it. They won't change the system. People should at least have a choice.

• Love
Reactions: nooneishome, ladylazarus4, sweetcreep and 2 others
C

colddarkloner

Sep 20, 2024
How come people who post here aren't tracked and put in mental hospital or something?

especially the ones who are serious and asking for detailed advice
Even when I did end up in A&E for an attempt and required 8 stitches I wasn't hospitalized, I was sent home after a mental health assessment 12 hours later. For some reason they thought I was fine to go home where I lived by myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: ladylazarus4, wren-briar and Addled and Rattled
maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
I'm not a lawyer but I think if that were to happen, it would amount to cyber-stalking. A (US) Federal crime.
I know that at least one of our mods was harassed by someone recently🌹💔

Reactions: opheliaoveragain