• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

anonymous pancake

anonymous pancake

Recovering melancholy man
Jan 15, 2024
Often times when I interact with other people I feel like I'm dealing them an inconvenience or troubling them just by existing, and as a result sometimes I get swarmed with persistent suicidal thoughts

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, bramblebamblebambe, Tired_of_myself and 3 others
gggy

gggy

Wishing you the best❤️
Dec 22, 2023
it sounds like you lack some self-esteem, there could be many factors leading to this, mostly depression(which is basically a chemical unbalance in your brain) or either you lack self-respect, to achieve self-respect you should love yourself, to love yourself you should achieve stuff(achievement, academic/financial.. success) , make promises with your self and don't break them

but the best advice is to go to a therapist, they can help you figure out why you feel how you do and can also help you to take steps in the right direction

Reactions: 51lver54lm0n, Eternal Eyes, Slow_Farewell and 2 others
Upvote 0
milquetoast

milquetoast

sometimes the longest rain yields no rainbow
Aug 21, 2023
Often times when I interact with other people I feel like I'm dealing them an inconvenience or troubling them just by existing, and as a result sometimes I get swarmed with persistent suicidal thoughts
aghh same. i always overthink on what i say or do, so i usually just stay quiet or when i do have to talk to someone there's always this constant rush to filter what i say just so i don't bog down the mood which usually leads to me hating myself more

Reactions: XXXWRLD and cgrtt.brns
Upvote 0
Eternal Eyes

Eternal Eyes

Dec 3, 2023

To be honest if you're worried about been an inconvenience then you're probably not, or if you are at least you have the empathy to see it that way if that makes any sense.

I feel the exact same way when talking to people, the worst part is when you desperately want to say or ask something and just can't find the courage to say it.

Reactions: milquetoast, Tired_of_myself and cgrtt.brns
Upvote 1
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
i dont have a useful answer, i just wanna let you know you're not alone, ive felt the same way for as long as i can remember. it makes my anxiety worse and results in me isolating myself just so i dont inconvenience everyone around me. the only thing i can think of that might help would be trying to do little things for those you care about to try and be helpful or make them smile, maybe seeing their reactions might help you reframe your image of yourself? i know its easier said than done, for a long time i was afraid of doing anything for fear of fucking up and just being even more of a burden, but just tiny things like getting them their favourite food or asking how their day was might prove to yourself that you're actually not a burden, just a human being with human flaws that doesn't need to feel bad for them. for example, whenever i see one of my friends i try to get her her favourite chocolate just because seeing how she responds to that small gesture just helps shut my head up for a second lol. its definitely just scratching the surface of the problem, its much deeper than that, but its something. and if you dont get nice reactions for doing something nice for someone, then maybe theyre a part of the reason you feel like such a burden and you shouldnt keep them in your life. idk, just a thought, hope this made sense and was maybe helpful. i wish you all the best.

Upvote 0
Tired_of_myself

Tired_of_myself

Jan 2, 2024
I believe sensitive and empathetic people feel this way. I think we care too much about what others think or need some kind of approval from people - at least I feel that way.

I hope you can relax while you're alone, if it's too tiring to socialize sometimes. and I hope you feel seen when you need it.

Reactions: milquetoast and Eternal Eyes
Upvote 0
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I love this quote by Dr Seuss:

'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.'

Reactions: mortuarymary
Upvote 0