N

NambaSutra

Student
Mar 25, 2023
I've heard of such a thing called a DNR (do not resuscitate) but I don't know much about it. But I've heard a lawyer can write one. In case of car accident, or heart attack, or whatever? What kind of lawyer would I need to minimize the chance of some pesky doctor trying to "save" someone who doesn't want to be "saved".

In the USA.

Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
From my personal experience, no doctor will sign you a DNR if you're young, and definitely not if they suspect you are suicidal! I never tried a lawyer, you can always call lawyers and get free consults over the phone. And I've asked a few random doctors who don't know my history if they would ever sign a DNR and they all say no, not with my age.

N

NambaSutra

Student
Mar 25, 2023
I'm almost 50 though. I don't even know how I made it this long. Is that "young"?

Reactions: lachrymost and Stormy Raine
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
I'm almost 50 though. I don't even know how I made it this long. Is that "young"?
If you find the answer please tell me!! I think a terminal illness would work but idk.

sadhappygirl

sadhappygirl

Jun 11, 2023
hi, tell your doctor that you wish to sign a DNR/DNI (do not resuscitate, do not intubate) and that you do not wish to be given any life saving medications in the event something happens to you.
they will not let you do this if they suspect you having mental illness that impairs your judgement, or being suicidal.