• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

G

Gottahavefaithx

Jul 31, 2018
Sorry if this isn't the right place for this question. I need to be hospitalised tomorrow night, I don't want to ctb yet but I just need to be sick enough to spend a night in hospital. Any advice is welcome.

Reactions: therhydler, Deafsn0w, 21Neberg and 1 other person
B

Brokenheart666

Jan 3, 2019
Sorry if this isn't the right place for this question. I need to be hospitalised tomorrow night, I don't want to ctb yet but I just need to be sick enough to spend a night in hospital. Any advice is welcome.
I wouldn't personally advise this as it will make attempting ctb more difficult for you in the future. Are you talking about only hospitalized mentally or physically sick to go to the ER?

Reactions: therhydler, Deafsn0w and Ch92921
S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
Is there a specific reason or are you just looking to take up a much needed hospital bed. Sorry to be blunt but ive spent 4 hours of my shift stood on the corridor because there were no beds for the emergencies we were bringing in. If you dont truely need it, dont waste it

Reactions: Fenty(nal), gingerplum, therhydler and 5 others
G

Gottahavefaithx

Jul 31, 2018
I wouldn't personally advise this as it will make attempting ctb more difficult for you in the future. Are you talking about only hospitalized mentally or physically sick to go to the ER?

Preferably physically sick but I'll consider going into a hospital for mental illness as well

Reactions: therhydler, Deafsn0w and 21Neberg
G

Gottahavefaithx

Jul 31, 2018
Is there a specific reason or are you just looking to take up a much needed hospital bed. Sorry to be blunt but ive spent 4 hours of my shift stood on the corridor because there were no beds for the emergencies we were bringing in. If you dont truely need it, dont waste it

I'm desperate, I really need to go to hospital I wouldn't ask for it if I needed it. I'm not just trying to go for fun I really need to do this

Reactions: therhydler, Deafsn0w and 21Neberg
S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
I'm desperate, I really need to go to hospital I wouldn't ask for it if I needed it. I'm not just trying to go for fun I really need to do this

Ok, but you need to understand it isnt a hotel its a hospital. You dont choose 1 night

Reactions: Egddios, Thewhowithin69, gingerplum and 5 others
SLN1096

SLN1096

I think heaven has a plot to take my life
Jan 5, 2019
Ok, but you need to understand it isnt a hotel its a hospital. You dont choose 1 night
Don't make assumptions on this persons situation. Are you from the UK? This person might not be, so Hospital's over there aren't like they are here.

Reactions: waived, therhydler, Deafsn0w and 1 other person
S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
Don't make assumptions on this persons situation. Are you from the UK? This person might not be, so Hospital's over there aren't like they are here.

Im not assuming anything thats why i asked. The op is uk saw a post on partners. I do know alot about uk and hospital process, even been trough the whole hospital admission to mental health admission to home treatment team to uk. I also as part of my job take mental health patients into hospital and also into wards.

What im saying is if the OP wants help its difficult to just be there for one night and the 'tomorrow night' part prompted my responce. If OP needs help there are things that can be done tonight. If OP needs to be there then iys very likely that 1 night will lead to a 72hr hold depending on what they say they are there for, again why i asked.

But hey thanks for assuming i dont have a clue how the system works here, i only work in it myself

Reactions: Thewhowithin69, gingerplum, therhydler and 3 others
SLN1096

SLN1096

I think heaven has a plot to take my life
Jan 5, 2019
Im not assuming anything thats why i asked. The op is uk saw a post on partners. I do know alot about uk and hospital process, even been trough the whole hospital admission to mental health admission to home treatment team to uk. I also as part of my job take mental health patients into hospital and also into wards.

What im saying is if the OP wants help its difficult to just be there for one night and the 'tomorrow night' part prompted my responce. If OP needs help there are things that can be done tonight. If OP needs to be there then iys very likely that 1 night will lead to a 72hr hold depending on what they say they are there for, again why i asked.

But hey thanks for assuming i dont have a clue how the system works here, i only work in it myself
I also work in the NHS and in a mental health setting. Just thought your attitude to the OP was a bit rude and I didn't assume you don't have a clue how the system works....literally all I said was not to make assumptions about the OP. You said "if you don't truly need a bed, don't waste it" and "it's not a hotel you can't just pick one night"
You are assuming, you're assuming the OP doesn't need a bed. Maybe you should find out a bit more info on their situation before jumping the gun.

Reactions: waived, therhydler, Brokenheart666 and 3 others
W

Wanttodie1

Jan 9, 2019
My ex called 911 because I shared suicidal thoughts with her. I spent one night in the hospital and didn't have to go to a psych ward. They sent in a social worker to talk to me and I told her that I was just being overly dramatic in the heat of the moment. Be warned that they may try sticking you in a psych ward if you share suicidal thoughts though.

If you are sent to a psych ward, length of stay varies by where you are, but here in Washington I was only in the psych ward three days on my first visit (suicide attempt). In my experience the psych ward is alright, you just get to read and color and stuff. The people and the doctors were all chill.

Last edited:
Reactions: therhydler, Deafsn0w and Gottahavefaithx
S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
I also work in the NHS and in a mental health setting. Just thought your attitude to the OP was a bit rude and I didn't assume you don't have a clue how the system works....literally all I said was not to make assumptions about the OP. You said "if you don't truly need a bed, don't waste it" and "it's not a hotel you can't just pick one night"
You are assuming, you're assuming the OP doesn't need a bed. Maybe you should find out a bit more info on their situation before jumping the gun.
Notice i said if. Maybe adjust the tone in your head your using to read my posts ;)

Reactions: therhydler, Deafsn0w and Xerxes
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
you dont truely need it, dont waste it
I agree with this statement, the NHS is underfunded and stretched enough as it is without unnecessary use.

FYI : I am aware that you are in the UK and I speak from experience also.

Reactions: therhydler, Deafsn0w and 15dec
Moony21

Moony21

Experienced
Nov 23, 2018
I work in an emergency in a large hospital. if you want to stay in hospital because of a physical illness; it's probably the best and fastest way, when you collapse unconscious and remain "unconscious" for a while. I would tell the doctors that has never happened to you before. They would have to keep you in the hospital because they need to examine you thoroughly and that can give you time or a night there. I know the procedures only from Swiss hospitals and of course I do not know how you are insured etc.

Reactions: Egddios, therhydler, Deafsn0w and 1 other person
G

Gottahavefaithx

Jul 31, 2018
Notice i said if. Maybe adjust the tone in your head your using to read my posts ;)

Tbf your tone was a bit rude that's why I stopped replying, you didn't really offer a solution, just condescending comments

Reactions: waived, throwaway777, therhydler and 1 other person
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
I know the procedures only from Swiss hospitals and of course I do not know how you are insured etc.
The OP is in the UK, therefore Insurance is not required to access health care.

Reactions: therhydler and Deafsn0w
G

Gottahavefaithx

Jul 31, 2018
I agree with this statement, the NHS is underfunded and stretched enough as it is without unnecessary use.

FYI : I am aware that you are in the UK and I speak from experience also.

I pay my taxes and literally never go to the hospital but I need to go for one night. I just need help, not patronising comments

Reactions: throwaway777, therhydler and Deafsn0w
G

Gottahavefaithx

Jul 31, 2018
I work in an emergency in a large hospital. if you want to stay in hospital because of a physical illness; it's probably the best and fastest way, when you collapse unconscious and remain "unconscious" for a while. I would tell the doctors that has never happened to you before. They would have to keep you in the hospital because they need to examine you thoroughly and that can give you time or a night there. I know the procedures only from Swiss hospitals and of course I do not know how you are insured etc.

How can I make myself collapse?

Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
I pay my taxes and literally never go to the hospital but I need to go for one night. I just need help, not patronising comments
I'm not being patronising, maybe if you cared to elaborate on the reason why you want to spend just one night in a hospital as opposed to a hotel instead of assuming that people are mind readers it would help.

Reactions: Egddios, Fenty(nal), therhydler and 4 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
How can I make myself collapse?

Hi, I agree with @Johnnythefox
Can you tell us what the problem is?

If you can tell us clearly it is easier for us to try and help you x

Last edited:
Reactions: therhydler, Deafsn0w, Whatiwantiswhatiwas and 2 others
G

Gottahavefaithx

Jul 31, 2018
I'm not being patronising, maybe if you cared to elaborate on the reason why you want to spend just one night in a hospital as opposed to a hotel instead of assuming that people are mind readers it would help.

Why is the reason important? I just need to stay in a hospital, I've gone through all my options and this is the only one.

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Why is the reason important? I just need to stay in a hospital, I've gone through all my options and this is the only one.

Sometimes it's hard when you are thinking through things in your own head. If you share them it becomes clearer. You seem very stressed and panicked. X

Different medical reasons usually require different lengths of treatment time hence why we are asking. We are only trying to help you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Egddios, Fenty(nal), therhydler and 3 others
T

ThinkingAboutThis

Student
Jan 7, 2019
Depending where you live, some towns do have crisis respite centers where you can stay up to 24 hours during a mental health emergency that is non suicidal in nature. These are not hospitals but can provide refuge when it's needed the most.

If a hospital suspects any sort of suicidal actions that led to your hospital stay, you're much more likely to be forced to stay for 3 days or longer, rather than 1. I'd personally focus on non-emergency crisis centers rather than hospital/psychiatric stays.

Reactions: therhydler, Deafsn0w, wxtyubidi7y and 2 others
S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
Tbf your tone was a bit rude that's why I stopped replying, you didn't really offer a solution, just condescending comments

It was the tomorrow night bit as ive said. Whats on your mind, we may be able to help if you actually say. I.E there are things avenues maybe you dont know about that coukd save you taking a trip to hopsital and risking being kept in, somethi g im not sure you want as youve stated 1 night. Noone is being condesending at all but i cant choose how you read the posts just like as i cant read your mind based on what you said i was asking for clarification thats all.

Reactions: therhydler, Deafsn0w and Johnnythefox
Moony21

Moony21

Experienced
Nov 23, 2018
sorry i have not seen that you are from UK. Don't know the system. These were just my thoughts and experiences from patients.

English is not my mother tongue. by collapse I mean: To pretend that you are unconscious in front of your family? in the public, so they take you to the hospital. I do not know your situation

S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
@Gottahavefaithx if you turn up and say i need to be here 1 night but no further details it will go two ways, one - threy will peg you as not really needing help and discharge you same night.
Two - the think its mental health bring the raid team in (maybe called somethkng else in your area) and then bam its on you NHS record.

I just dont want you going in thinking its easy to just be in one night thats all regardless if its mental health or youve done something to yourself. The mental health wards in the UK arnt that bed so if its help you think you need then maybe thats something to discuss while your there.

I thought i was going to be in a few days. That first 72hr hold turned into a 28day section 2 and then a section 3, i spent 2 months in hospital. Came out was taken back in within a week. So yes my details are flagged as mental health, if i was to turn up there now, questikns would be asked into my mental state. Its funny tho because im back in work taking patients into the ward that held me and also the AnE i was brought into for suicidal ideation.

G

Gottahavefaithx

Jul 31, 2018
Sometimes it's hard when you are thinking through things in your own head. If you share them it becomes clearer. You seem very stressed and panicked. X

Different medical reasons usually require different lengths of treatment time hence why we are asking. We are only trying to help you.

I can't say, people will misinterpret my situation but trust me this is the only logical solution I have thought this through. I'm not stressed or panicked I just would like some answers to my question

G

Gottahavefaithx

Jul 31, 2018
@Gottahavefaithx if you turn up and say i need to be here 1 night but no further details it will go two ways, one - threy will peg you as not really needing help and discharge you same night.
Two - the think its mental health bring the raid team in (maybe called somethkng else in your area) and then bam its on you NHS record.

I just dont want you going in thinking its easy to just be in one night thats all regardless if its mental health or youve done something to yourself. The mental health wards in the UK arnt that bed so if its help you think you need then maybe thats something to discuss while your there.

I thought i was going to be in a few days. That first 72hr hold turned into a 28day section 2 and then a section 3, i spent 2 months in hospital. Came out was taken back in within a week. So yes my details are flagged as mental health, if i was to turn up there now, questikns would be asked into my mental state. Its funny tho because im back in work taking patients into the ward that held me and also the AnE i was brought into for suicidal ideation.

I would rather go for a physical illness than a mental illness and I can go for a few days it just needs to be for 1 night minimum

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I can't say, people will misinterpret my situation but trust me this is the only logical solution I have thought this through. I'm not stressed or panicked I just would like some answers to my question

No one here is at all judgemental and would not misinterpret your situation. It's just tricky to know how to help in the sense that if you don't know if someone is trying to get treatment for an illness or trying to stay in a psychiatric ward.

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I would rather go for a physical illness than a mental illness and I can go for a few days it just needs to be for 1 night minimum

Have you actually got a physical illness?
The thing with psychiatric care is once the wheels are in motion as it were, it's not something that you are in control of any more. If that makes sense? If they decide you don't have "capacity" you could end up with a very unwelcome longer stay!

S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018

Thats a dificult one because of the quickness of tests coming back showing whats wrong or that your ok.

Reactions: sif, therhydler, Deafsn0w and 1 other person