• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Viov

Viov

Aug 13, 2020
Hi everyone,

I think I probably know the answer to this but just in case I am wrong:

Has anyone actually had any good/helpful experience in a mental health ward in a UK hospital? I am wondering about voluntary admission, which I tried about 6 months ago and while the place was nice and so were the rooms and the food the actual therapies and therapists were unfortunately a waste of time and not very knowledgeable/good. I do have private health insurance who cover inpatient stays and knowing that when admitted under section 2 there definitely is no support whatsoever (in fact, it makes you worse day by day - the doing nothing, sitting around, no outdoor space etc , speaking form experience) I wonder if maybe there is a place that would be worthwhile going to? I am autistic, so having been put in an acute ward with alarms going off all the time and bright lights nearly finished me off, so I am wondering whether a voluntary private facility might actually offer some help?

Or maybe there just isn't anywhere really, which is what I think may just be the case... nobody understands us...

Thank you for any help in advance.

Reactions: Jbones
AQUA

AQUA

Headstone
Dec 2, 2020
I remember being on a ward! I kinda miss it tbh
The other patience were/are the only people ive EVER felt a connection too, it was like a family(to me at least) youll realise how toxic normal is when you aren't with it.
No one judges each other because they have perspective on hard times.
trust me, its far better than you'd think :heart:

Reactions: Viov
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
Been in 6 and even the old ones with bigger wards and greater capacity were no better. Maybe it's just me but it just doesn't feel condusive to healing in any way.
Be careful- time passes quicker than you realise and institutionalisation is very real

babyinmyuniverse

babyinmyuniverse

Feb 22, 2020
Just wanted to agree with the point of institutionalisation. I have found it nearly impossible to adjust to life outside of the hospital and I wasn't even in that long. But I understand if that's the option you want to take because it can help keep you safe. The Priory is supposed to be amazing but it is private, you can sometimes get in there if you're sectioned and there's no nhs beds available. I can 100% not recommend hellesdon hospital in east anglia, terrible place with careless staff

Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
Not recommend:
Pinderfields, Wakefield UK
Penn hospital, Wolverhampton UK
Dorothy Pattison, Walsall UK
Bushey Fields, Dudley UK
I have little memory of the others