• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

blackness

blackness

stormie ★
Sep 1, 2019
hi new here,
I've been diagnosed with bipolar and major depression, recently my psychiatrist put me on lithium but lately I've been having very vivid violent homicidal dreams. They're starting to carry over to my everyday thoughts and the past few days I have been thinking about nothing but murdering people. It's a lot of detail that's put into these thoughts and I'm kinda scared shitless. Is this because of the medication or am I starting to actually become homicidal??

thoughts?

E

EmptySteph62

Student
Aug 4, 2019
I would talk to your doctor (or psychologist whoever prescribed your meds) about it and see what they say.
I can't imagine how terrifying that must be. I also have frequent dreams with very homicidal and violent themes, and sometimes I get very angry and scared for no reason and just dissociate, imagining myself doing terrible things to the people I love. It's very scary but I know I'd never act on it so that knowledge helps a little.

P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
hi new here,
I've been diagnosed with bipolar and major depression, recently my psychiatrist put me on lithium but lately I've been having very vivid violent homicidal dreams. They're starting to carry over to my everyday thoughts and the past few days I have been thinking about nothing but murdering people. It's a lot of detail that's put into these thoughts and I'm kinda scared shitless. Is this because of the medication or am I starting to actually become homicidal??

thoughts?
it might be the medications, i'm not too sure about medications and what not.

has anything happened to you recently that's influenced you to think so darkly? maybe something that triggered you recently, or in the past weeks or few months?
Though its interesting to note. studies were conducted regarding the usage of lithium in tap water. those who had minimal to little lithium concentration in their water had higher rates of homicide, rape and suicidal ideations. however, those with higher levels of lithium in their drinking water had a reduction in rates.

perhaps its different for some, and it actually worsens someones negativity instead of treating it and making it better? Im not entirely sure.

But id definitely talk to you're psychologist about it. that isnt something to undervalue and overlook. thats pretty serious man, and you definitely shouldnt be put in a position where you do something that you wouldnt do, simply because of what someone else prescribed you. especially if they've accelerated, id just stop taking them for now and talk to someone about it.

Last edited:
blackness

blackness

stormie ★
Sep 1, 2019
I would talk to your doctor (or psychologist whoever prescribed your meds) about it and see what they say.
I can't imagine how terrifying that must be. I also have frequent dreams with very homicidal and violent themes, and sometimes I get very angry and scared for no reason and just dissociate, imagining myself doing terrible things to the people I love. It's very scary but I know I'd never act on it so that knowledge helps a little.
Thank you, and yes it's terrifying. I just feel like I'm not in control of my thoughts, and I don't think I would act on it either but I'm still very paranoid that it could get worse ..
it might be the medications, i'm not too sure about medications and what not.

has anything happened to you recently that's influenced you to think so darkly? maybe something that triggered you recently, or in the past weeks or few months?
Though its interesting to note. studies were conducted regarding the usage of lithium in tap water. those who had minimal to little lithium concentration in their water had higher rates of homicide, rape and suicidal ideations. however, those with higher levels of lithium in their drinking water had a reduction in rates.

perhaps its different for some, and it actually worsens someones negativity instead of treating it and making it better? Im not entirely sure.

But id definitely talk to you're psychologist about it. that isnt something to undervalue and overlook. thats pretty serious man, and you definitely shouldnt be put in a position where you do something that you wouldnt do, simply because of what someone else prescribed you. especially if they've accelerated, id just stop taking them for now and talk to someone about it.
I will definitely talk to them at my next appointment, thank you for your advice. Nothing has really triggered me lately, I've never had lithium before and I just started taking it so I'm hoping that's the reason.

Last edited:
E

EmptySteph62

Student
Aug 4, 2019
Thank you, and yes it's terrifying. I just feel like I'm not in control of my thoughts, and I don't think I would act on it either but I'm still very paranoid that it could get worse ..
That's totally understandable. I get that feeling like you're not in control of your thoughts, I've been experiencing it for a few years now and it hasn't gotten worse but if it's new I would definitely monitor it, just to be safe.

Reactions: blackness
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018

I will definitely talk to them at my next appointment, thank you for your advice. Nothing has really triggered me lately, I've never had lithium before and I just started taking it so I'm hoping that's the reason.
yeah, the fact that lithiums been tied to suicidal behavior, homicidal behavior, and rape and actually been studied with in the past makes me wonder if lithium just isnt the best for everyone.

you seem like a great guy. atleast your having these problems and being honest that ur having them and asking about it to try and find a solution instead of just overlooking and pushing it away and waiting till something happens.

it'll work out for you, hope they give you something better to help you. wish you all the luck in the world.

stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
hi new here,

thoughts?
You should really talk to your doctor about it as soon as possible. Maybe there is something else that doesn't have those effects and works better for you that you can be switched to. I hope everything works out.

blackness

blackness

stormie ★
Sep 1, 2019
That's totally understandable. I get that feeling like you're not in control of your thoughts, I've been experiencing it for a few years now and it hasn't gotten worse but if it's new I would definitely monitor it, just to be safe.
thank you
yeah, the fact that lithiums been tied to suicidal behavior, homicidal behavior, and rape and actually been studied with in the past makes me wonder if lithium just isnt the best for everyone.

you seem like a great guy. atleast your having these problems and being honest that ur having them and asking about it to try and find a solution instead of just overlooking and pushing it away and waiting till something happens.

it'll work out for you, hope they give you something better to help you. wish you all the luck in the world.

I'm definitely a girl lol, but thank you for all of your help
You should really talk to your doctor about it as soon as possible. Maybe there is something else that doesn't have those effects and works better for you that you can be switched to. I hope everything works out.
I actually just made an appointment to talk to my doctor, so hopefully I'll be able to figure it out. Thank you so much

K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
The vast majority of people who have thoughts of violence or murder never go through with it. There's a kind of instinct that holds us back. But all the advice to talk to the doctor is right.
I've spent hours obsessively planning such deeds only to suddenly realise what I'm doing.

Reactions: Baskol1
ThriveOrDie

ThriveOrDie

We are already in hell
Jul 11, 2019
Severe lithium toxicity has been linked to psychosis. SSRI's definitely produce homicidal ideation in a small percentage of people.

Reactions: Baskol1