• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ihopethesnowsticks

ihopethesnowsticks

:>
Mar 7, 2023
heya, hope ur all doing well.

im struggling a lot with motivation atm, the last ~3 weeks i haven't really left my bed. how do u get up and carry on? im getting behind with work but find it hard to care, i got suggested making lists and a few other things. any ideas?

• Love
Reactions: tomoki
fell

fell

bpd, cptsd, bipolar 2, trying lots of things 💞
Feb 4, 2023
Mornings are often hardest for me too. Sometimes I try to break things down into the "simplest steps" one at a time. Sitting up, drinking water, taking my meds are my steps 1 through 3.

Then I try to journal, listen to a guided meditation, there's some great guided meditation and positive affirmation podcasts. They can help just get my brain moving in a better direction while still in bed. It doesn't always work, but I try!

If I can get out of bed, I make some tea, but often that's hard, so I usually try to keep some iced tea (or coffee) by bed to help in the morning and a snack. My next steps are whatever I can do that's manageable - brush my teeth, brush my hair, change my clothes, put on deodorant. Sometimes showering can feel like too much, but just freshening up can feel good. And a few, I can do from bed (deodorant, I keep clean clothes in reach)

I try to plan out the night before just 1-2 things I need to do the next day (but simplify them if I can). So instead of tackling a big project, maybe it's just open my computer, read the email, plan a reply, send out one thing - any small step I can do to make progress. (I also make a little note in Notepad or Notion and "check" them off - including all my self care! Even checking off that I brushed my teeth, helps remind my brain that I'm making progress and gets some momentum)

Sometimes it all feels too overwhelming (especially feeling behind!) but I try to view it as just chipping away one little step at the time. It doesn't work every day, but the days that it works feels good to make a little progress 💗 I hope this helps!

ihopethesnowsticks

ihopethesnowsticks

:>
Mar 7, 2023
Mornings are often hardest for me too. Sometimes I try to break things down into the "simplest steps" one at a time. Sitting up, drinking water, taking my meds are my steps 1 through 3.

Then I try to journal, listen to a guided meditation, there's some great guided meditation and positive affirmation podcasts. They can help just get my brain moving in a better direction while still in bed. It doesn't always work, but I try!

If I can get out of bed, I make some tea, but often that's hard, so I usually try to keep some iced tea (or coffee) by bed to help in the morning and a snack. My next steps are whatever I can do that's manageable - brush my teeth, brush my hair, change my clothes, put on deodorant. Sometimes showering can feel like too much, but just freshening up can feel good. And a few, I can do from bed (deodorant, I keep clean clothes in reach)

I try to plan out the night before just 1-2 things I need to do the next day (but simplify them if I can). So instead of tackling a big project, maybe it's just open my computer, read the email, plan a reply, send out one thing - any small step I can do to make progress. (I also make a little note in Notepad or Notion and "check" them off - including all my self care! Even checking off that I brushed my teeth, helps remind my brain that I'm making progress and gets some momentum)

Sometimes it all feels too overwhelming (especially feeling behind!) but I try to view it as just chipping away one little step at the time. It doesn't work every day, but the days that it works feels good to make a little progress 💗 I hope this helps!
i really didn't think about taking smaller steps! ty 4 r comment :>

• Love
Reactions: fell
Remeer

Remeer

-
Mar 8, 2023
Well, your question is complicated, any specific reason why you feel like this? That's where you have to go
I don't know if a list helps or not, but what I have done is a kind of diagram by which to guide my day with things that I would like to do, and I base myself on that to do certain things
that is useless if you are not well, what I can advise is to eat correctly avoiding toxic and depressive foods, having a constant sleep schedule, also cleaning the body and the place where it is located, over time it will be more lucid
If you are in mourning for something, grieve and do not interrupt the process, trying to motivate yourself while being sad is lying to yourself
greetings

• Love
Reactions: ihopethesnowsticks
PainfulPainkillers

PainfulPainkillers

LiveCryLaugh
Mar 7, 2023
heya, hope ur all doing well.

im struggling a lot with motivation atm, the last ~3 weeks i haven't really left my bed. how do u get up and carry on? im getting behind with work but find it hard to care, i got suggested making lists and a few other things. any ideas?
I try to find inspiration in the world around me. I like to draw, and observing things around me gives me inspiration. When I have none, I play Minecraft, until my mind randomly comes to something interesting (I think about things a lot when I play games). Once I have inspiration, I make content, any kind of content, which I can then put together into something I could earn money off of (game, anything). I hope this helps a bit

• Love
tomoki

tomoki

Mar 8, 2023
I'm in the same state as you, I've spent the last month in bed in the dark. Now I try to set small goals and add them one day at a time. For me, brushing my teeth or even taking a shower is a small victory. I try to focus on the positive aspects of these small actions to try to improve and move forward :)
every day is not perfect, but I try to get there
I hope my temoigangage has helped you feel less alone in your situation.

• Hugs