• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noheart

Mar 14, 2024
I am trying to get everything together for a helium tank suicide.

Here is the tank I am thinking of getting. It seems small, or should I buy the larger one? I got some turkey cooking bags that I will use for my head. I just need to get some oxygen tube.

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Student
Feb 3, 2024
I am trying to get everything together for a helium tank suicide.

Here is the tank I am thinking of getting. It seems small, or should I buy the larger one? I got some turkey cooking bags that I will use for my head. I just need to get some oxygen tube.

The tank is too small, with only 200 liter of helium. That would only last you 13 min of inert gas at 15/lpm. Since there isn't any regulator or flow meter you'd have no way to regulate the precise flow risking using to much gas which will cut the time even more.

The packaging says 100% helium, but I couldn't find the manufactures site to check the statement. Many will advise from using these ballon helium because some companies have been mixing air into the helium to stop people from CTB from it, Ballon time for example.

Is up to you to trust the company claim or not.

Reactions: noheart
W

William39

Mar 16, 2024
Hi, I am looking to buy this helium tank 10ltr (I'm in the UK) can anyone help / confirm whether it is possible to fit a regulator to this tank? It's GAS UK also does anyone know whether tanks are 90% plus helium as it doesn't state this but presuming they are high quality. Any help would be much appreciate, thanks

Attachments

• unnamed copy.jpg
    unnamed copy.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: divinemistress36
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Putting the name of the company is not a good idea, people like to find posts here and email companies.

As for adapters, I am sure you can buy connectors to go from one type to another so it will be fine.

There's a mega thread here with photos, brands and everything. It's probably the best megathread we have objectively.

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Student
Feb 3, 2024
Hi, I am looking to buy this helium tank 10ltr (I'm in the UK) can anyone help / confirm whether it is possible to fit a regulator to this tank? It's GAS UK also does anyone know whether tanks from GAS UK are 90% plus helium as it doesn't state this but presuming they are high quality. Any help would be much appreciate, thanks
I would actually just call them, their website lacks some crucial information like purity and outlet tread. Their nitrogen tanks on the other hand is described as 99% pure.

Are you renting the bottles or buying? Seems the site primarily is a renting business, something to keep in mind as someone has to return the bottle after.

Reactions: William39
W

William39

Mar 16, 2024
I would actually just call them, their website lacks some crucial information like purity and outlet tread. Their nitrogen tanks on the other hand is described as 99% pure.

Are you renting the bottles or buying? Seems the site primarily is a renting business, something to keep in mind as someone has to return the bottle after.
Hey, thanks for the reply. You can buy the cylinders brand new from a well known online bidding site. they just state that they are the property of GAS UK. It may be the actual company selling them. So no not renting buying outright so no return. Is it a little dodgy to about purity? and outlet tread? (what is this) I can call quite easily
Putting the name of the company is not a good idea, people like to find posts here and email companies.

As for adapters, I am sure you can buy connectors to go from one type to another so it will be fine.

There's a mega thread here with photos, brands and everything. It's probably the best megathread we have objectively.
Thanks and noted RE company name

Last edited:
Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Student
Feb 3, 2024
Hey, thanks for the reply. You can buy the cylinders brand new from a well known online bidding site. they just state that they are the property of GAS UK. It may be the actual company selling them. So no not renting buying outright so no return. Is it a little dodgy to about purity? and outlet tread? (what is this) I can call quite easily
Nothing strange about asking about purity, say that the balloons floating is really important for you and you accept nothing less then 98% purity.

The outlet tread is where you connect the regulator, for our needs it's a necessity since the pressure in the bottle is way to high.

W

William39

Mar 16, 2024
Nothing strange about asking about purity, say that the balloons floating is really important for you and you accept nothing less then 98% purity.

The outlet tread is where you connect the regulator, for our needs it's a necessity since the pressure in the bottle is way to high.
Ok got you. Is it odd to ask about outlet tread? Worse case I'll buy it and work It out once it arrives. Is there any legitimate reason why you would add a regulator to a Helium gas cylinder? I won't mention it but just being cautious if I get any questions back.

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Student
Feb 3, 2024
Ok got you. Is it odd to ask about outlet tread? Worse case I'll buy it and work It out once it arrives. Is there any legitimate reason why you would add a regulator to a Helium gas cylinder? I won't mention it but just being cautious if I get any questions back.
Asking about the tread wouldn't be strange since to fill ballons you would need a noozle which is screwed on the cylinder. If you know the tread you can buy a regulator on another site.

Any reason you especially need helium? Nitrogen is cheaper and easier to find, you can buy prefilled nitrogen tanks shipped home no questions asked.

W

William39

Mar 16, 2024
Asking about the tread wouldn't be strange since to fill ballons you would need a noozle which is screwed on the cylinder. If you know the tread you can buy a regulator on another site.

Any reason you especially need helium? Nitrogen is cheaper and easier to find, you can buy prefilled nitrogen tanks shipped home no questions asked.
No reason, just read alot about hellium CTB as It seems more talked about. I was aware Nitrogen was basically the same effect. Found a 2.2L N2 that comes with a twin gauge regulator for quite cheap. 2.2 litre's enough? Should give about 30 mins. Any reason why Helium has become more popular?

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Student
Feb 3, 2024
No reason, just read alot about hellium CTB as It seems more talked about. I was aware Nitrogen was basically the same effect. Found a 2.2L N2 that comes with a twin gauge regulator for quite cheap. 2.2 litre's enough? Should give about 30 mins. Any reason why Helium has become more popular?
It was quite popular method before when one could use cheap ballon canisters with an exit bag. You still can but a few companies American especially have started mixing air into the helium to stop people from Ctb.

The knowledge on how to ctb with inert gas has risen exponentially these last years and more serious setups and alternatives to the exit bag has risen, like scuba scba or hood. The search for high purity inert gas for the more serious setups naturally found nitrogen to be more available and cheaper than helium.

I would say at least on this site that nitrogen is more popular choice when doing a more serious setup than a cheap ballon tank bag setup. Maybe because the tread connection is more standard and adapters more available for regulators.

2.2 liters at 200 bar? PPH list it as enough with 30 min of inert gas. I prefer atleast 40-50 min for trail rounds but if your sure 30 min will be enough with 15 min of time to spare.

C

coolintheshade

Mar 13, 2023
It was quite popular method before when one could use cheap ballon canisters with an exit bag. You still can but a few companies American especially have started mixing air into the helium to stop people from Ctb.

The knowledge on how to ctb with inert gas has risen exponentially these last years and more serious setups and alternatives to the exit bag has risen, like scuba scba or hood. The search for high purity inert gas for the more serious setups naturally found nitrogen to be more available and cheaper than helium.

I would say at least on this site that nitrogen is more popular choice when doing a more serious setup than a cheap ballon tank bag setup. Maybe because the tread connection is more standard and adapters more available for regulators.

2.2 liters at 200 bar? PPH list it as enough with 30 min of inert gas. I prefer atleast 40-50 min for trail rounds but if your sure 30 min will be enough with 15 min of time to spare.
The scuba alternative...is this ready available in terms of everything needed?

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Student
Feb 3, 2024
The scuba alternative...is this ready available in terms of everything needed?
I'm no expert in scuba, but the most difficult part would be the adapter from the nitrogen tank instead of oxygen tank. Other than that it's ordinary scuba gear.

Please read the mega tread for more accurate information

W

William39

Mar 16, 2024

I see, right, thanks for this info. It's really helpful. It's 2.2L x 100 bar is that an issue? Also is Nitrogen usually pure (unmixed) as doesn't mention purity. It does say substance 99.9% Vol

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Student
Feb 3, 2024
I see, right, thanks for this info. It's really helpful. It's 2.2L x 100 bar is that an issue? Also is Nitrogen usually pure (unmixed) as doesn't mention purity. It does say substance 99.9% Vol
2.2L x 100 bar = 220 liters of nitrogen

That would only last you 14 min at 15/lpm it's to little.

If they don't advertise any mix in the gas I think it's safe to assume they mean the nitrogen is 99.9%

W

William39

Mar 16, 2024
2.2L x 100 bar = 220 liters of nitrogen

That would only last you 14 min at 15/lpm it's to little.

If they don't advertise any mix in the gas I think it's safe to assume they mean the nitrogen is 99.9%
Ok, interesting I think the UK have cottoned on as I've just viewed quite a few sites and all disposables iv'e come across are a mix 70/30 and at 100 bar. The bigger ones from what I can see you need a business account and have to return. Does this seem right or am I missing something? May have to go Helium as they are available with the right spec albeit very pricey!

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Student
Feb 3, 2024
Ok, interesting I think the UK have cottoned on as I've just viewed quite a few sites and all disposables iv'e come across are a mix 70/30 and at 100 bar. The bigger ones from what I can see you need a business account and have to return. Does this seem right or am I missing something? May have to go Helium as they are available with the right spec albeit very pricey!
I can send a pm with some sources

Reactions: William39