• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
It seems as though we can never truly be happy. Or when we do experience any form of pleasure, there is always a downside.
We seem to be punished for experiencing anything good in life.
You get drunk, and have a good time.
Yet, in return, you suffer from a dreadful hangover.
You fall in love and feel wonderful. But then you are punished:
your partner stops loving you, or cheats on you, or dies.

On and on it goes. We are set up to suffer on planet mindfuck.

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
This is why I always was drawn to: Pessimism (perhaps Efilism), Gnosticism and conspiracy theories of a cosmic scale. If you mix the fact that this reality seems intentional (won't go into why, but you should be able to work out why this reality is really not chaotic or happenstance) and how sinister the design of life is, you are left with the feeling that this realm was either created by something that is sick/addicted/tormented itself that needs the suffering for something, or that this reality, like a prison, has a very specific function of punishment/refinement/rehabilitation.

The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
I thInk it was created by some kind of malevolent being, or beings such as the archons, or the evil part of the anunnaki, or the Grey's
Maybe they are the same thing.
I feel that it is definitely some kind of punishment realm, and the designers are also the wardens who feed off our suffering.
I imagine them to look like the cenobites from hellraiser.

Reactions: whatevs
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
Some pleasures are more sustainable than others, I think. But with all of them comes a universal rule of life: everything is temporary. One must learn to find pleasure and be grateful despite, or perhaps because, of this.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
There certainly is far too much unnecessary suffering in existing, and it's true that anything that is seen as being positive only exists to be taken away and lead to even more suffering, existence certainly is so nightmarish because of the unlimited potential for torment and all through chance one can end up in a situation of the most extreme pain, the existence of life certainly is a horrific tragedy. All that is inevitable for us is even more suffering, decay and loss, until we are lost to death.

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
There certainly is far too much unnecessary suffering in existing, and it's true that anything that is seen as being positive only exists to be taken away and lead to even more suffering, existence certainly is so nightmarish because of the unlimited potential for torment and all through chance one can end up in a situation of the most extreme pain, the existence of life certainly is a horrific tragedy. All that is inevitable for us is even more suffering, decay and loss, until we are lost to death.
There is always rebirth, though. Perhaps that makes it even worse. Haha

Last edited:
Reactions: The anhedonic one