nightmare_moon

nightmare_moon

🌌 Pernicious Nightbringer 🌌
Dec 7, 2023
I hate when people stare or make rude comments when it's not their business. I don't appreciate being infantalized or being asked intrusive questions over something so personal by people I've never talked to before. Being asked about what's on my arms is infuriating because it's obvious that these scars are from self harm and it should also be obvious that I'm going to lie or avoid the question because it's a weird thing to ask and it's embarrassing to talk about. I appreciate people caring; They have the right idea. It's just different when you're walking up to a stranger at the transit center to inform them that they're stupid for cutting themselves because it makes you uncomfortable to look at. God forbid I wear something nice!

Reactions: Life_and_Death
deathstruck

deathstruck

failure personified
Dec 16, 2023
Hey, I understand what you're saying...I have been self harming for the last seven years, since I was twelve. My parents see my scars but never acknowledge them. On the other hand, people not even remotely related to me ask me to stop doing it because "it looks bad." It's frustrating. I hope you're okay.

Reactions: nightmare_moon
nightmare_moon

nightmare_moon

🌌 Pernicious Nightbringer 🌌
Dec 7, 2023
Hey, I understand what you're saying...I have been self harming for the last seven years, since I was twelve. My parents see my scars but never acknowledge them. On the other hand, people not even remotely related to me ask me to stop doing it because "it looks bad." It's frustrating. I hope you're okay.
It's nice knowing someone can relate. It's tough to go through and hard for me to understand myself at times but I guess it is what it is. Sorry for your struggle though, no one deserves to go through it. Hoping you're doing well too.

Reactions: deathstruck
Ashe

Ashe

Born to suffer for others
Sep 20, 2023
Honestly I stopped caring whether if people cared enough to see mine. It's just not worth the effort, their words won't change how empty I feel on the inside.

D

Deleted member 65988

All I do is tell anyone who asks it happened accidentally. I've been laughed at for my scars before so I dont care anyway, people will always have something insensitive to say but I'd just wish they'd just shut up.