• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
Nov 2, 2023
I post often enough. I've been doing better. Flashbacks are less often, but I'm not used to the impact. I'm having an emotional flashback right now. Same feeling of after getting beat and verbally abused. Ashamed and alone. Noone cares and I can't be loved. Scared of how people think of me and how I'm useless and stupid. I should just kill myself because it hurts, and because I should because I'm so useless and stupid.

Looking for support or how to cope.

S

scientificmethid

Feb 12, 2024
I hear you. Me too. Honestly, some might not agree but this isn't the place for that fight; I found really praying and focusing on a devotional to really help.

• Hugs
Reactions: consider
UsagiDrop

UsagiDrop

“What a beautiful day to haunt the earth.”
Apr 27, 2023
I don't exactly know how to cope with these things. I want to offer my support. I want to reassure you that none of those things are true anymore. You are far from useless and stupid. There are people who do care, and despite not knowing you, I'm one of them. You can get through this, Cat!

When I have flashbacks to the times I was abused, I try to remind myself that I'm not there anymore. I've come a far way from those times, and if I play my cards right, I shouldn't end up back there again. But the feelings that come with the flashbacks are only natural. Allow yourself to feel them even though it hurts, but remind yourself that you are not stuck in or tethered to your past. You are where you are right now, which is away from that, and you're also in full control of the future.

I'm really sorry if none of this helps, though. Do you have any ways to distract yourself, right now?

CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nov 2, 2023
I don't exactly know how to cope with these things. I want to offer my support. I want to reassure you that none of those things are true anymore. You are far from useless and stupid. There are people who do care, and despite not knowing you, I'm one of them. You can get through this, Cat!

When I have flashbacks to the times I was abused, I try to remind myself that I'm not there anymore. I've come a far way from those times, and if I play my cards right, I shouldn't end up back there again. But the feelings that come with the flashbacks are only natural. Allow yourself to feel them even though it hurts, but remind yourself that you are not stuck in or tethered to your past. You are where you are right now, which is away from that, and you're also in full control of the future.

I'm really sorry if none of this helps, though. Do you have any ways to distract yourself, right now?
Thank you. That helped quite a lot. It's difficult to remember to do that in the moment since I freeze up or go into collapse.

• Hugs
Reactions: UsagiDrop
L

letmegetout

‘People can be dead before they’ve even died’
Jan 23, 2023
Grounding techniques are a good way to prove to yourself the flashback isn't the here and now. You can do the 5,4,3,2,1 methods. 5 things you can see, four you can feel, 3 you can hear, 2 you can smell, 1 you can taste.
Also touching your surroundings, so anything from like sitting on the sofa feeling the sofa touch your back and back of your legs, describe it, out loud if it helps, is it soft is it hot or cold etc. the floor- walking barefoot is good, going from a carpet of rug what does it feel like, to wet grass or cold tiles really feel it. There's also apps you can download

I hope that helps

CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nov 2, 2023
Grounding techniques are a good way to prove to yourself the flashback isn't the here and now. You can do the 5,4,3,2,1 methods. 5 things you can see, four you can feel, 3 you can hear, 2 you can smell, 1 you can taste.
Also touching your surroundings, so anything from like sitting on the sofa feeling the sofa touch your back and back of your legs, describe it, out loud if it helps, is it soft is it hot or cold etc. the floor- walking barefoot is good, going from a carpet of rug what does it feel like, to wet grass or cold tiles really feel it. There's also apps you can download

I hope that helps
This method is pretty good I use it often for flashbacks, freezes, collapse and like. It's just less effective with emotional flashbacks.