Hunterer

Hunterer

May 13, 2024
I've had intrusive and impulsive thoughts for a while now, and sometimes, at times like this, during the night, I think about simply leaving my room and trying to act on impulse to end everything once and for all, in the hope that the attempt might work. But whenever I think about it, a mix of feelings arise, such as fear, suspicion that something might go wrong, and mainly anxiety. But at the same time, I also feel a sense of happiness, because I think: "If I do this, I'll finally be able to rest and abandon this miserable life". But fear always ends up being greater than any other feeling😅

Have you ever felt like this too ? Have you ever thought about simply risking everything and acting on impulse ? If so, how did you manage to control yourself ?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Gstreater, Forever Sleep, littleinsanity and 1 other person
A

anon554

Aug 27, 2024
Mostly I think of the consequences. Ie one of my family members catching me. Or being sent to the loony bin. If I haven't committed and planned then it's not a correct choice of action

Reactions: Buh-bye! and yoshizoom
B

brokeandbroken

Paragon
Apr 18, 2023
I've had intrusive and impulsive thoughts for a while now, and sometimes, at times like this, during the night, I think about simply leaving my room and trying to act on impulse to end everything once and for all, in the hope that the attempt might work. But whenever I think about it, a mix of feelings arise, such as fear, suspicion that something might go wrong, and mainly anxiety. But at the same time, I also feel a sense of happiness, because I think: "If I do this, I'll finally be able to rest and abandon this miserable life". But fear always ends up being greater than any other feeling😅

Have you ever felt like this too ? Have you ever thought about simply risking everything and acting on impulse ? If so, how did you manage to control yourself ?
I mean for me my life has become like an ocean. With waves pounding me sometimes not so much and sometimes stronger. There's always just despair, loneliness, rage, sadness, hopelessness, and so many other things you don't want. But at times it is overwhelming. That said I'm equally at risk in either case.

End of the day being homeless and having *no opportunities* just because you were unfortunately the *victim* of crimes committed against you what do you expect?

Y

yoshizoom

Aug 5, 2024

Of course! I thought about just grabbing a knife and just stabbing myself, but I hold back. Even though I'm freaking insane and miserable to the point it's unbearable, I still think about my family and how painful certain things can be. I've thought about walking out during the night on a whim to act on it too, but I just wouldn't know what to do. I rather have everything planned, you know?

B

Buh-bye!

jkfajsd
Jan 10, 2024

yeah, terrace, end of cliffs all those places where i could just jump you know. even a highway traffic attracts me but too scared to do any of that

Jon Arbuckle

Jon Arbuckle

Aspiring Corpse
Jul 23, 2024

I'm a horribly impulsive person, it's one of my least favorite traits. I've had super impulsive thoughts of "just do XYZ thing and get it over with" all the time in terms of killing myself. I don't even know why I don't carry through with it, I guess I just get scared.

• Love
Reactions: littleinsanity
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I've thought about acting on my impulses a lot, but I am usually able to hold myself back from doing so. Usually my own worries and anxieties end up holding me back. I remember, back in when I was out of the country a few months ago, I got incredibly frustrated and was about to actually act on my impulses and march down to the ocean to drown myself but my mom came to check on me before I could even walk down the driveway.

littleinsanity

littleinsanity

Krackhead Bunni
Jun 21, 2024
Not much time left so might as well wait for the right moment. Although I would have acted on impulse when I was drunk and I regret not doing it, surprisingly that's what stopped me, I was throwing up so much I couldnt stand up anymore and blacked out in between LOL

Hunterer

Hunterer

May 13, 2024
yeah, terrace, end of cliffs all those places where i could just jump you know. even a highway traffic attracts me but too scared to do any of that
Just a few hours ago, I was thinking about just risking everything and trying to jump off a bridge and drown myself. But fortunately, on the bright side, fear keeps me from making rash decisions. If I have to do something, then at least I should plan it out.

Reactions: Buh-bye!
B

Buh-bye!

jkfajsd
Jan 10, 2024
Just a few hours ago, I was thinking about just risking everything and trying to jump off a bridge and drown myself. But fortunately, on the bright side, fear keeps me from making rash decisions. If I have to do something, then at least I should plan it out.
agree

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
To be honest, no. Even when I was younger and, I've had ideation since I was 10. I guess I'm squemish so- anything very violent frightens me. I've always felt strongly that whatever I did would need to work first time too, so- that makes me cautious.

Someone I knew tried to overdose a couple of times. We used to chat about our own forms of ideation and really, neither of us quite understood the other. For them, they felt like that desperation to just do something was more genuine in a way but all I could think was- that clearly was unlikely to work. Especially on the second try when the first try hadn't worked. I don't know why my approach seems calmer. Maybe because I've never gotten so close to actually attempting- I've never felt like I could while certain family members were still alive. Also, maybe because I've had these thoughts for so long.