Oblivion Access

I don't know anything
Jul 5, 2019
Yes, I have looked in the mirror before

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, I do not believe in ghosts, I think that once we die we cease to exist.

Reactions: height jumper 69 and pthnrdnojvsc
Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
Nope. There's never been any evidence that ghosts exist or that an afterlife exists. If I saw an honest to goodness ghost, like a straight up apparition happened in front of me, I still wouldn't believe in ghosts. I'd be worried that I was having a psychotic break with reality before I'd believe in ghosts.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
Kristicide

Kristicide

I am a prisoner locked up behind xanax bars
Dec 16, 2021
I have

Reactions: whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Nope. There's never been any evidence that ghosts exist or that an afterlife exists. If I saw an honest to goodness ghost, like a straight up apparition happened in front of me, I still wouldn't believe in ghosts. I'd be worried that I was having a psychotic break with reality before I'd believe in ghosts.
What if two persons saw it alongside you, which unlike you haven't grown to be some kind of schizophrenic incel? These two had no "psychosis", they aren't that type. I might be, but not them. Asked them about it and they still remember. It happened.

Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
no, but my grandparents live in a remote countryside near a cemetery, when I go to their house and stay for the night, I begin to believe in ghosts every time I hear the sound of the wind.

Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
What if two persons saw it alongside you, which unlike you haven't grown to be some kind of schizophrenic incel? These two had no "psychosis", they aren't that type. I might be, but not them. Asked them about it and they still remember. It happened.
I'm not schizophrenic or an incel, so wtf... no need to be insulting.

I still wouldn't believe it because of how people have been shown to form false memories and that people can even reinforce these kind of ideas in each other.

Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
Ghosts were one of my favorite subjects as a kid. They fascinated me and I thought I saw signs or manifestations of them all over the place. Oddly as I got older, my attitude toward them changed from terror to a sort of yearning to make connection. I guess that probably happened in tandem with me becoming depressed and losing interest in the world of the living. Now they're just a memory of another thing that has lost its magic for me. I no longer believe in them.

Reactions: Fragile
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I'm not schizophrenic or an incel, so wtf... no need to be insulting.

I still wouldn't believe it because of how people have been shown to form false memories and that people can even reinforce these kind of ideas in each other.
Hahahaha, the schizophrenic incel is... me. 😅 I was trying to say that they are "saner" than me by societal standards, not really the type to believe in such things, nor was I at the time.

Perhaps it was like you say, some kind of group induced psychosis, but since it only happened once and felt absolutely real with two additional witnesseses I will give credence to it. These doors slammed themselves quite hard, y'know? And numerous times.

Last edited:
Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
Ooooh ok my bad, I'm sorry I took offense. I see what you mean now, gosh I feel stupid.
These doors slammed themselves quite hard, y'know? And numerous times.
Ah, I see so you guys didn't see an actual apparition of a ghost in front of your eyes.

I would posit that there was some alternative explanation for doors slamming themselves, but then I am just very skeptical about anything paranormal or supernatural. I kind of have to be, my older brother actually is a schizophrenic and so it's made me extra skeptical myself.

Reactions: whatevs
RockBot

RockBot

A Mole Sitting in a Hole
Jun 6, 2020
Ghosts of what might have been
What could have been
What should have been
What very nearly were.

The Ghosts that weren't.
And never really were.

These Ghosts haunt me when I sleep.
And haunt me when I wake

The Ghosts will soon consume me like a self-devouring snake.