• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

tary

tary

Experienced
Jul 3, 2022
What venting should be allowed here and what shouldn't, then? Nothing that might hurt anyone else's feelings?
And from what I see it's the same few people in the threads arguing for either side. I don't know what "everyone else" or the community at large thinks, they seem to just ignore the threads.
I don't agree with everything FC or others said but I don't think any kind of venting or complaining about life should be banned from SD, even if the mods don't like the arguments it sometimes creates.
Maybe clear invitations to discussion/arguing instead of just venting to feel better should be in Politics & Philosophy.

Reactions: sserafim, betternever2havbeen, ijustwishtodie and 4 others
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
It's just annoying when very similar threads on the exact same subject matter keep getting posted over and over by the same person.

Reactions: Saturn_, todiefor, derpyderpins and 5 others
P

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
What venting should be allowed here and what shouldn't, then?
>Venting
>"You have to be a psychopath to...!"

Without the name-calling it'd be nice. Most of us don't care about venting, unless it's extremely repetitive, in which case one can keep posting in an old thread instead of keep copy-pasting them. It'd also make ignoring threads easier for those who want to. I think that can make both parts happy.

Insults are what put people on the brink. Once again, I don't want to forbid vents.

• Love
Reactions: todiefor, derpyderpins, Tesha and 1 other person
Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
What venting should be allowed here and what shouldn't, then? Nothing that might hurt anyone else's feelings?
IMHO when the title starts off calling people brainless, it should be deleted straight off the bat. That's not a vent and it goes way beyond hurting people's feelings.

• Love
Reactions: todiefor, derpyderpins, CelestialDiana and 3 others
N

Not Sure

Oct 27, 2021
IMHO when the title starts off calling people brainless, it should be deleted straight off the bat. That's not a vent and it goes way beyond hurting people's feelings.
You can't even imagine the pain of having kids (even though they are not living with me daily anymore) and being suicidal at the same time. My guilt is going through the roof, I'd wish it could kill me.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Ash, thewalkingdread, WhiteRabbit and 3 others
P

PhilosopherInAV0id

The Reaper of Self, Amid the Silence
Jan 28, 2024
So much logic, common sense and social awareness in the comments section for this one.

...and the "normies" say we're the troubled ones... 🤔
Yes! All I see of this world's 'normal' people is a murmuring mob that tries to stand out as best as they can while also fitting in, talking about random insane thoughts like 'friends' and 'social media' and 'life'. Anyone know what these are? I'm so far behind (or as I like to think, ahead) on all of these matters that society is an alien creature.

Reactions: sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc and thewalkingdread
thewalkingdread

thewalkingdread

Life is a pointless, undeserved, unnecessary pain.
Oct 30, 2023
It's mostly little kids on Sasu.

This observation ☝️ perfectly encapsulates my confusion, which I have also noticed in another thread:

«Stop that; you're being childish»

This phrase represents a subtle yet damaging form of verbal and moral abuse that many parents resort to in their attempts to "educate" their children.

At the slightest instance of natural misbehavior, the supposed "adult in the room" wields their shaming tactics, accusing the child of being "childish" without recognizing the irony that children are precisely that — children.

These all-too-common scenarios highlight society's precarious view of children, portraying them as inherently negative and intolerable to the extent that the term "childish" is used pejoratively.

If children are truly valued and cherished, why then do adults disparage them with their own childlike behaviors?

This world is totally insane.

If people in our society find a child's behavior to be so annoying or despicable, why do they even bother to advocate for having children in the first place?

If someone dislikes children to the extent that the word 'child' is used as a derogatory term to insult others, it seems only logical to me that they would choose not to have children themselves.

It would be a win-win situation: an unborn child has no interest or desire to be brought into a world that can often be harsh and unkind, while adults who harbor such strong aversions to children have no genuine interest in their upbringing or well-being.

However, despite this seemingly logical solution, we often witness the opposite happening around the world, where children are brought into environments where they are neither wanted nor appreciated.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc, Proteus and 1 other person
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
If someone dislikes children to the extent that the word 'child' is used as a derogatory term to insult others, it seems only logical to me that they would choose not to have children themselves.
The word "child" is not used as a derogatory term to children though is it, it's not uncommon for people to like actual children and dislike adults who behave like big babies.

Reactions: derpyderpins, Tesha and Ash
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
I couldn't agree more! My whole life I've been feeling that I'm living a lie, and not because I want to but because humanity made me. For me it's been the psyciatric system that has abused me. When I got unwell the first time I was told they were there to help me. Yet they ended up thraumatizing me making me even sicker instead. They'd scare me so much that I stopped acting out and got quiet, then they'd use that to claim that I was better. They'd toss me around like a ragdoll and they got away with it too because guess what? I'm "too sick" to know better. I keep being told by litterary everyone that I was never abused and that I'm just "overexxaggerating" because I'm ill. Yet I'm having trauma issues, I have symptoms of ptsd. Cptsd even. But no, I'm just "overexxaggerating" because that's what my mental illness does. Humanity really does suck sometimes. I've been broken apart because of them and everyday I feel like I live as a machine always doing as I get told. You know what's the worst part? No one really sees how broken I am because "it's just a phase" or "she's always like this" I'm dying inside every day. I'm sick and tired of life, yet everything is as normal according to everyone around me.

There is no way in hell I'm ever birthing a child into this world. That's for sure!

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, davidtorez, sserafim and 2 others
thewalkingdread

thewalkingdread

Oct 30, 2023
The word "child" is not used as a derogatory term to children though is it
Yes, it is — all the time. Just open your windows and smell all the "domestic gunpowder" from all around...

it's not uncommon for people to like actual children and dislike adults who behave like big babies.
And here again, even if you're using the term 'child' to offensively refer to adults misbehaving or whatnot, you've still commited what I've pointed out: you are clearly presuming that being a child is an essentially "bad" thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, sserafim and pthnrdnojvsc
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
Yes, it is — all the time. Just open your windows and smell all the "domestic gunpowder" from all around...
A child is a noun. "Pig" is also noun which can be used as a pejorative but not when describing an actual *pig*.

Reactions: derpyderpins
thewalkingdread

thewalkingdread

Oct 30, 2023
A child is a noun. "Pig" is also noun which can be used as a pejorative but not when describing an actual *pig*.
You're right.

No one says 'A child is a child' nor 'A pig is a pig'. That would just be silly. At best, that's just an ordinary tautology known as the identity principle. And at worse, it's just a circular reasoning fallacy.

But that's not what's at stake here.

People do say 'A child is being childish' or 'someone behaves like a pig'. And in both cases, they're not being complimentary.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Morte, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
ordinary tautology known as the identity principle. And at worse, it's just a circular reasoning fallacy.
If this deeply online oddness is how you approach the notion that someone may refer to an actual child as "a child" then the problem very much lies with you and not the outside world I'm afraid

Reactions: ge0rge, derpyderpins and Saturn_
sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
Just think about how we need to keep drinking water to stay alive. Then for every cup of water you drink, you also need to find a place to purposely piss it back out (in private)

Same for food. You need to keep eating non-stop. Then you also need to shit it all back out (in private). After eating, you also need to brush your teeth, so it doesn't rot

But the food, water, toothpaste, toilet paper isn't free, or just falls from the sky. So you also need to go purposely be someone's slave, to earn money to afford those items. Then you also need to go to the store to buy and deliver those items back to your home, so you can use them

After those items are finished, it then becomes trash, so you also need to deal with trash removal

My point is..... look how crazily inconvenient life is. Through every single step of the way, there are endless things that constantly need to be dealt with non-stop, and of course I literally only covered 1% of what life is about. There's still 99% more

There is just so much daily hassle to survive....... and we go through all this crap, just to rot and die in the end. I truly wish this planet will just come to an end, to stop all this pointless and unnecessary suffering for all living beings

Reactions: thewalkingdread, ijustwishtodie, GoatHerder and 3 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
Just think about how we need to keep drinking water to stay alive. Then for every cup of water you drink, you also need to find a place to purposely piss it back out (in private)

Same for food. You need to keep eating non-stop. Then you also need to shit it all back out (in private). After eating, you also need to brush your teeth, so it doesn't rot
I also think life sucks because shitting and pissing in public is frowned upon

lamargue

lamargue

algernon
Jun 5, 2024
what a dumpster fire this thread is

Reactions: todiefor
ge0rge

ge0rge

the satanic mechanic
Jul 29, 2018
Calling others childish in a debate is, in itself, a childish attitude and constitutes an ad hominem attack.

This behavior diverts the focus from the arguments and directs attention to the opponent's personal characteristics, which does not contribute to a constructive debate.

Besides being a logical fallacy, it can be seen as ageism/adultism, where maturity is used as a measure of the arguments' validity, which is problematic.

This stance reflects a lack of emotional and intellectual maturity, similar to the common behavior among children who use their age to feel superior.

Instead of engaging in a constructive and respectful manner, a person resorting to this type of attack demonstrates an inability to deal with opposing arguments rationally and balanced, weakening their position and diminishing the quality of the discussion.

Therefore, a healthy debate should focus on arguments and evidence, avoiding personal disqualifications to maintain the quality of the dialogue.
this is a whole lot to go through. what chatgbt prompt did you use to generate that?