Clover

Clover

Experienced
Aug 23, 2018
If your posts are a cry for help you can probably find some forums who will try and help you. Here people will be understanding and respectful so your not wasting anyone's time. From what your saying you want health services to support you? Can you afford private treatment?
I'm not prolife but I am pro choice and if you want help then you should be able to somehow get it. (But I do know how impossible that can be even for those who want it)

Last edited:
Reactions: TheSternal and SunSetsForever
SunSetsForever

SunSetsForever

Apr 6, 2018
If your posts are a cry for help you can probably find some forums who will try and help you. Here people will be understanding and respectful so your not wasting anyone's time. From what your saying you want health services to support you? Can you afford private treatment?
I'm not prolife but I am pro choice and if you want help then you should be able to somehow get it.
Not a bad idea at all, Clover, but the problem I see with a lot of health services is how they can make a person feel crazy. Most of us here are not crazy, and we don't want to be judged so. We may suffer from mental illness or emotional distress or any number of issues, but we're not incapable of reason, communication, and a desire to socialize.
I definitely agree that Health Services can keep a person from committing suicide, but at the cost of a person's freedom, by taking away the ability to choose to Exit. They also would never validate our feelings that suicide is a legitimate personal choice (a basic human right, I'd argue), and that's extremely frustrating.
"Suicide is not an option," they'll say, and that, to me, would make me feel trapped. Knowing that Suicide is an option gives me some semblance of freedom.
Also, sometimes people just want to feel understood, not judged, as they share their pains. Sometimes that's enough. And maybe that makes this the better place to come cry for help.
"Suicide is a choice. We won't judge you for choosing it." To me, this sounds more helpful in liberate and validating someone who's at the edge. Who's to say they'll decide to live another day, knowing they can always have a valid backup plan if they choose.

Reactions: Clover
Clover

Clover

Experienced
Aug 23, 2018
I agree SunSetsForever. The mental health system is not good at all. I just didn't know what else to offer when they said it was a cry for help. I don't know if help exists but I do know people who have said they have found it/ not people who would be on here tho.
My areas mental health system does say 'it's your choice' 'your free to kill yourself if you want' to me anyway I don't know if they say the same thing to everyone. They know what I'm doing and agree with it and have even said 'that's good'. I have also been locked up involuntary as well with doctors saying you aren't allowed to however that doctor no longer works at the hospital and all the new ones are fine with suicide.

Reactions: SunSetsForever
SunSetsForever

SunSetsForever

Apr 6, 2018
I agree SunSetsForever. The mental health system is not good at all. I just didn't know what else to offer when they said it was a cry for help. I don't know if help exists but I do know people who have said they have found it/ not people who would be on here tho.
My areas mental health system does say 'it's your choice' 'your free to kill yourself if you want' to be anyway I don't know if they say the same thing to everyone.

Hmmm, sounds like they're trying reversed psychology, which I have heard they say at times, now that you mention it. But if an attempt is actually made, they prevent you from dying, or even lock you up to prevent you from committing suicide, which totally contradicts they're initial, "it's your choice", statement.
I'm glad some people are able to find help that works for them though.
Like you, I'm also unsure help exist for everyone. I figure the least I can do is empathize. I know it helps me when people listen to me, don't judge me, and empathize/validate what I'm feeling—doesn't help me feel less suicidal, but it does make me feel a bit better.
That's what I try to do here for others, while struggling through my own suicidal ideation/planning.

Reactions: Clover
Clover

Clover

Experienced
Aug 23, 2018
Oh really? I thought they were giving me permission. But I'm not going there ever again so I'll never know.

Reactions: SunSetsForever
SunSetsForever

SunSetsForever

Apr 6, 2018
They know what I'm doing and agree with it and have even said 'that's good'. I have also been locked up involuntary as well with doctors saying you aren't allowed to however that doctor no longer works at the hospital and all the new ones are fine with suicide.
Forgot to reply to this last bit: I think it's awesome that newer doctors are fine with Suicide. That's progress! Maybe we'll eventually get a humane way of going out.
I hope so. Sounds like you've found a decent place, Clover.

SunSetsForever

SunSetsForever

Apr 6, 2018
Oh really? I thought they were giving me permission. But I'm not going there ever again so I'll never know.
Sorry, just read this after replying again.
Maybe not so good place then.